farming sulphate is aids

I think they could improve things immensely just by making deposits more common. Minimum of 2, small chance at 3, tiny chance at 4 would be great. Right now it seems to be minimum of 1, tiny chance at 2, nearly non-existent chance at 3.

Actually, I would prefer lots of deposits with smaller quantities. It would make mapping feel more connected to the league. But I suspect we will not be seeing any changes to sulphite, which is unfortunate. If they were unhappy with it they would have changed it in the last patch I think.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Sep 6, 2018, 1:57:06 PM
"
Phaeded wrote:
I think they could improve things immensely just by making deposits more common. Minimum of 2, small chance at 3, tiny chance at 4 would be great. Right now it seems to be minimum of 1, tiny chance at 2, nearly non-existent chance at 3.

Actually, I would prefer lots of deposits with smaller quantities. It would make mapping feel more connected to the league. But I suspect we will not be seeing any changes to sulphite, which is unfortunate. If they were unhappy with it they would have changed it in the last patch I think.

I'd like to see sulphite deposits guarded by some packs of specific (azurite-enhanced) mobs, at least.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 6, 2018, 2:00:33 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:

I'd like to see sulphite deposits guarded by some packs of specific (azurite-enhanced) mobs, at least.

Yeah, that'd be cool. You could click on the deposit which spawns the mobs and Niko comes after they're dead. Put 3 or 4 of those encounters in every map and you've got a winner I think.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
Agreed. That's a nice suggestion.
I would like to see a scaling amount for Sulphate per node. Like a modifier for the difficulty of the zone(level AND modifiers figured in) with another modifier for your max delve distance. That way there's still incentive to always go deeper. Sulphite collection bottle necks is literally only thing I think is wrong with delve atm. Darkness and Flares and dynamite seem fine to me if you are using them as intended and upgrading them.
"
jddc78 wrote:
Agreed. That's a nice suggestion.

Which makes farming for sulphite even take longer and after the same fights over and over again even more boring.

I would like to see no sulphit at all, Just let me have fun in the mines when I don't feel like mapping.
What troubles you bring now?
They need to severely reduce the reward though. Delve is less random than mapping and thus more profitable. Reducing the rewards however will make it less of a special place so I like the idea of it being a gated content better.
"
Which makes farming for sulphite even take longer and after the same fights over and over again even more boring.

Yeah, but it at least puts more mobs on a map. Right now the map is a standard league map with a couple deposits. Some mini encounters would at least make it feel slightly different.

"
They need to severely reduce the reward though. Delve is less random than mapping and thus more profitable. Reducing the rewards however will make it less of a special place so I like the idea of it being a gated content better.

Don't disagree with this at all and think if they ever wanted to introduce it as an alternative core mechanic they would definitely need to do so.

I think a lot of the arguments at the moment revolve around not being able to delve enough. If we lowered or removed that gate rewards would have to shrink for sure.
Last edited by jddc78 on Sep 6, 2018, 3:12:17 PM
"
jddc78 wrote:
"

Yeah, but it at least puts more mobs on a map. Right now the map is a standard league map with a couple deposits. Some mini encounters would at least make it feel slightly different.

And it's not much different than Harbinger, Breach, Abyss, Strongboxes or Perandus IMO. People seemed to enjoy those leagues. Have the monsters drop sulphite and some Azurite. Would make mapping feel like less of a waste of time away from delving.

Anyway, doesn't matter. GGG isn't going to change anything that drastically. It's a fun thought though.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"Just make them work very much like a lot of other mechanics that we know work well!"

It makes me wonder how the heck no one at GGG pushed this?

(to make it clear: I'm genuinely serious. Your idea is rock-solid; my incredulity is over the fact that somehow this idea escaped GGG)

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Mapping on its own isn't very random for rewards at all, at least in total earnings rate. I find a rare item worth 50c to a couple exalts maybe every 10-20 maps, and less-valuable ones (worth at least 5-10c) pretty consistently.

I mean, I can't attest to the consistency of Delve rewards exactly, but Incursion was ALSO very consistent, barring the annoying stacked RNG. Even still, you could regularly count on never going more than a temple or two without one of a handful of rooms with a reliably good reward.

League mechanics have always been like that: basically raining rewards from the sky.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info