Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

First, huge thanks to OP for putting together this guide. I've dabbled in this game off and on but still feel like a noob. I've read through the posts (up to like pg. 28), have read the main guide but I'm still a little fuzzy on a few things.
For vaal Grace and Carity, do you only use them as slotted skills or do you run them as regular auras? (I think I'm saying that right).

Would also love some help with my gear at this point.

"
Boseafus wrote:
First, huge thanks to OP for putting together this guide. I've dabbled in this game off and on but still feel like a noob. I've read through the posts (up to like pg. 28), have read the main guide but I'm still a little fuzzy on a few things.
For vaal Grace and Carity, do you only use them as slotted skills or do you run them as regular auras? (I think I'm saying that right).

Would also love some help with my gear at this point.

-No gloves enchant or use the "of Reflection" enchant, any damage enchant on gloves will trigger Shimmeron's downside, and it will wreck you. Can run normal lab just to get the enchant overwritten.
-A shaped helmet with lightning damage to spells and trap damage support OR a temple helmet (not required, just for some more damage output)
-Buy a lvl21 Arc gem (don't need to be Vaal version, just lvl21 one)
-Boot enchants can be as what you have now for defensive playstyle or crit enchant if not kill recently for offense.
-Don't need that much chaos res, but still nice to have :D
-You use Grace and Clarity auras all the time (except on no regen maps). Vaal Grace and Vaal Clarity can only be used occasionally, such as pop Vaal Grace right after you enter Incursion, ect...
how do we get Bloodrage to trigger first in the cwd setup? I have the same gem order as shown but my health keeps draining when everything is triggered.
"
jthuynh7925 wrote:
how do we get Bloodrage to trigger first in the cwd setup? I have the same gem order as shown but my health keeps draining when everything is triggered.

CWDT -> Bloodrage -> IC
Don't be mistaken that the degen will be stopped when IC triggered OR Bloodrage will be disabled if IC is triggered. You will still be drainning life as long as Bloodrage is active, but can easily be countered by Saboteur ascendancy.
Keep throwing traps even when no mobs are around if you worry about the degen.

Re-read the 1st post again to figure it out.
How did you managed to color loreweave 3g3b? 4ex worth of chromas down the drain and still no luck(((
"
SPYKERRUS wrote:
How did you managed to color loreweave 3g3b? 4ex worth of chromas down the drain and still no luck(((

Vorici method.

Edit: I've sold 3 lorewevae 3B 3G using Vorici.

You can also use this calc:

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Last edited by L00n on Jul 4, 2018, 9:24:41 AM
"
koros wrote:
-No gloves enchant or use the "of Reflection" enchant, any damage enchant on gloves will trigger Shimmeron's downside, and it will wreck you. Can run normal lab just to get the enchant overwritten.

Koros, thank you for your kind help! That "build breaking" information should be in the guide but it is not as well as so many other things ie. Ascendency order.

I want to ask you whether I have to change the following gloves enchantment: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Word_of_Light
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
koros wrote:

Koros, thank you for your kind help! That "build breaking" information should be in the guide but it is not as well as so many other things ie. Ascendency order.

I want to ask you whether I have to change the following gloves enchantment: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Word_of_Light

For safety reason, just run Normal Lab to change to "of Reflection" enchant, the Normal Lab is very short, can just chain run until you get it
"
SPYKERRUS wrote:

There are two ways to color it to 3G3B, your way is very expensive and not viable.

For people who ALREADY 6-linked their Loreweave, vorici it with "at least 3G" until you get 3G3B -> very expensive and if no luck like you, may take ....forever -> I don't recommend this method.

------------------------------

For people who HAVE NOT 6-linked their Loreweave, this is what you would do:
1/ Go to Vorici Artisan's Bench
2/ Put your Loreweave in.
3/ Chose "Two sockets" to force your Loreweave to 2 sockets. (Cost 1 Jeweller's Orb)
4/ Choose "at least 2G" to change those 2 socket to 2G (Cost 25 Chrome Orbs)
5/ Now, use 1 Jeweller ON the Loreweave yourself, the chest will return to 6socket (its nature) with at least 2G.
6/ Repeat ONLY step 3 and 5 (not step4, only need to do step4 once, there will always be 2G) until you get 3G3B
7/ After that, 6L it with 1500 fusings for a secured 6Linked. But I would recommend to buy a Loreweave 6L 3G3B for 8ex as of now, I've seen people rage quit because they couldnt 6L a chest with thousands of Fusings :p On the other hand, 1500 fusings is around 10ex total worth already, don't gamble, just buy :p

This method should cost you 25 Chromes Orbs and at MOST 100 Jeweller's Orb (which only worth few chaos orbs I would say? LoL? Instead of that 4ex worth of Chromes)

BUT those are just to answere your question. Here's my take:
If you already have a 6L, go for 2G4B and use Inc-Crit-Chance/Damage gem instead of Trap damage gem, no real difference here, for this build, when it crits, it matters.
If you still insist on 3G3B on a already 6L chest, sell your current chest and buy another, don't gamble another 4ex :p
Again, go for 2G4B is my consideration, and will do if my chest were not already 3G3B.

Last edited by koros on Jul 4, 2018, 9:00:32 AM
Does anyone have some pointers on what to prioritize in the skill tree while levelling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info