Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Spliffor wrote:

How much was the watcher's eye? The dmg taken gained as mana while clarity is active + the grace movement speed seem rly nice

I was browsing poe.trade for a 15% Movespeed (expected the other mod was trash so it would be cheap, 1 mod grace and 1 useless mod cost 4ex at least atm)
Then I found this one for 5ex, and I picked it without hesitation! The Clarity mod may bring some flexibility if I plan to use MoM later.
Listed it on trade for 8ex and there were still people asking, but I ended up keeping because I only play 1 build this league for Uber Elder, and I quit after the kill already :D
Last edited by koros on Jul 4, 2018, 10:35:18 PM
"
koros wrote:
"
Boseafus wrote:
First, huge thanks to OP for putting together this guide. I've dabbled in this game off and on but still feel like a noob. I've read through the posts (up to like pg. 28), have read the main guide but I'm still a little fuzzy on a few things.
For vaal Grace and Carity, do you only use them as slotted skills or do you run them as regular auras? (I think I'm saying that right).

Would also love some help with my gear at this point.

-No gloves enchant or use the "of Reflection" enchant, any damage enchant on gloves will trigger Shimmeron's downside, and it will wreck you. Can run normal lab just to get the enchant overwritten.
-A shaped helmet with lightning damage to spells and trap damage support OR a temple helmet (not required, just for some more damage output)
-Buy a lvl21 Arc gem (don't need to be Vaal version, just lvl21 one)
-Boot enchants can be as what you have now for defensive playstyle or crit enchant if not kill recently for offense.
-Don't need that much chaos res, but still nice to have :D
-You use Grace and Clarity auras all the time (except on no regen maps). Vaal Grace and Vaal Clarity can only be used occasionally, such as pop Vaal Grace right after you enter Incursion, ect...

Thanks so much for the response! I'm curious, if I have "socketed gems are supported by level 22 trap" and "skills which throw traps throw an additional trap" gems already in my chest, do i need the explicts on my gloves? Or do those glove explicits only apply to the gloves themselves?
"
Boseafus wrote:

Thanks so much for the response! I'm curious, if I have "socketed gems are supported by level 22 trap" and "skills which throw traps throw an additional trap" gems already in my chest, do i need the explicts on my gloves? Or do those glove explicits only apply to the gloves themselves?

"throw 1 additional trap" on gloves is global, when you have the gloves equipped, you will throw 1 more trap (4+1=5 in total) per throw. Having 1more trap throw per throw will increase your "dps-per-throw" by around 25% (claimed by people, I don't bother with the number, but I know it's higher, so that's what matters hehe)

In short:
-the gloves raise your effective dps per throw (both on boss and pack clear)
-do the gloves required for end game content? NO, people do Uber Elder with 5L chest and no trap gloves
-YES, it's good to have the gloves and the gem-in-chest, they are not related.
-My recommendation: buy the gloves, put Arc trap setup in, buy Loreweave 80%, 4Link or 5Link, put Lighting Spire Trap in -> head for Uber Elder :D

Edit: Just checked your profile, you have everything needed for endgame content already. With your gloves, you can even try Ball Lightning trap instead of LST. But Arc Trap damage is so good, I didn't even use LST in my UE kill, only used Arc Trap till they died lol

For boots enchant, I think Crit enchant > Pen or added Lightning enchant, not only on paper, but also on pack-clear, I feel it's slower to clear pack when it doesn't crit, because for Shimmeron build, when it crits, it matters :|
Last edited by koros on Jul 5, 2018, 12:51:44 AM
"
koros wrote:

In short:
-the gloves raise your effective dps per throw (both on boss and pack clear)
-do the gloves required for end game content? NO, people do Uber Elder with 5L chest and no trap gloves
-YES, it's good to have the gloves and the gem-in-chest, they are not related.
-My recommendation: buy the gloves, put Arc trap setup in, buy Loreweave 80%, 4Link or 5Link, put Lighting Spire Trap in -> head for Uber Elder :D

Edit: Just checked your profile, you have everything needed for endgame content already. With your gloves, you can even try Ball Lightning trap instead of LST. But Arc Trap damage is so good, I didn't even use LST in my UE kill, only used Arc Trap till they died lol

For boots enchant, I think Crit enchant > Pen or added Lightning enchant, not only on paper, but also on pack-clear, I feel it's slower to clear pack when it doesn't crit, because for Shimmeron build, when it crits, it matters :|

This clear so much up. Thanks again for your time.
"
koros wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Another issue I’m running into.

I have 5 max power charges and with just Blast Cascade I find it hard to keep them all up consistently. I would say on average I have 1-2 up. This is while flying through mobs throwing one cluster down per mob group.

This may sound ridiculous, but I’m thinking of dropping Blst Cascade and running PCoC instead. Sure it’s a dps loss at any given charge number, but it would allow me to have max charges up consistently, and respec the three points from blast cascade to another power charge and have one spare (for another jewel slot next level for example).

Finally - how do I know if the Arakaali pantheon 50% increased recovery benefit has kicked in - is there an icon or anything for it?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Use these on your weapon swap before boss or only the shield is enough, took me less than 2seconds to get 5charges up. For trash clear, it's 1shot per pack regardless of charges.

And no, don't use PCoC, it's a huge dps loss.

For the pantheon, just make sure it's CWDT-BR-IC, or see your HP from near-zero-to-hero in 1second is when you know the gem setup works :P

Many thanks for the tip re PCoC!

Also, re the pantheon boost -
1. does the boost mean we get to max life regen (20%) more quickly, or does it mean we cap out our life regen at 40% vs 20%?
2. I have my CWDT setup as (starting at top left) CWDT-IncDur-BloodRage-IC: this should work, right?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jul 5, 2018, 2:17:06 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
koros wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Another issue I’m running into.

I have 5 max power charges and with just Blast Cascade I find it hard to keep them all up consistently. I would say on average I have 1-2 up. This is while flying through mobs throwing one cluster down per mob group.

This may sound ridiculous, but I’m thinking of dropping Blst Cascade and running PCoC instead. Sure it’s a dps loss at any given charge number, but it would allow me to have max charges up consistently, and respec the three points from blast cascade to another power charge and have one spare (for another jewel slot next level for example).

Finally - how do I know if the Arakaali pantheon 50% increased recovery benefit has kicked in - is there an icon or anything for it?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Use these on your weapon swap before boss or only the shield is enough, took me less than 2seconds to get 5charges up. For trash clear, it's 1shot per pack regardless of charges.

For the pantheon, just make sure it's CWDT-BR-IC, or see your HP from near-zero-to-hero in 1second is when you know the gem setup works :P

1. does the boost mean we get to max life regen (20%) more quickly, or does it mean we cap out our life regen at 40% vs 20%?
2. I have my CWDT setup as (starting at top left) CWDT-IncDur-BloodRage-IC: this should work, right?

2. - Yes this works. However I recommend you use something else instead of inc duration. As it has been pointed out several times, the degen doesn't go away! So sometimes when there are no mobs around for traps to be triggered you don't want to keep degening. Inc duration just makes those moments even more awkward!
1. You reach the cap more quickly for sure! I'm not sure if the cap is elevated to 40% tho.
Last edited by Sequel on Jul 5, 2018, 4:18:09 AM
"
Sequel wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
koros wrote:

2. - Yes this works. However I recommend you use something else instead of inc duration. As it has been pointed out several times, the degen doesn't go away! So sometimes when there are no mobs around for traps to be triggered you don't want to keep degening. Inc duration just makes those moments even more awkward!
1. You reach the cap more quickly for sure! I'm not sure if the cap is elevated to 40% tho.

Many thanks. I will chrome it so I use enfeebled instead of in duration there, thanks for the tip.

I’m pretty sure the pantheon doesn’t double the life regen cap from 20% to 40%, it just means you reach the cap twice as fast. Because regardless whether the Arakaali ability gets triggered, my max life regen is about 900/s.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jul 5, 2018, 5:56:54 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Many thanks. I will chrome it so I use enfeebled instead of in duration there, thanks for the tip.

I’m pretty sure the pantheon doesn’t double the life regen cap from 20% to 40%, it just means you reach the cap twice as fast. Because regardless whether the Arakaali ability gets triggered, my max life regen is about 900/s.

Hey, I just checked your live profile, you seem to Chrome it wrong?
It must be CWDT-BloodRage-ImmortalCall-Enfeeble or CWDT-BloodRage-Enfeeble-ImmortalCall
So it has to be R-G-R-B or R-G-B-R
Immortal Call just has to be put after BloodRage in the link, starting from CWDT
Last edited by koros on Jul 5, 2018, 7:15:41 AM
Finished the acts and started mapping, still need to work hard on levelling my gems but could someone check my gear so far?
"
Ovenschotel wrote:
Finished the acts and started mapping, still need to work hard on levelling my gems but could someone check my gear so far?

Change your amulet to 80+ life and crit multi. Also swap your rings to Mark of the Shaper + any elder ring with resists and life. And it's better to swap your helmet to evasion base one.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info