vs a regular fuckton (2000).

I six-linked mine in less than 1500.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

GGG’s business model isn’t built on generosity, but vanity. If the game remains fun, if the next supporter packs contain very pretty MTX, then yeah - GGG will still make money. Plenty.

Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.

Bada boom, bada bing. We supported for that reason, and the mtxes were just a bonus. Something to spend our play money on. I have never, ever bought GGGold to get an mtx. And I have been broke more than once.

But we veteran whales, maybe our day is done. Maybe it's all about those $30-60 packs now. Just cheap enough for people to say, well, I like the game and I like what they've done.

But GGG's business model is absolutely built on a foundation of generosity. As with everything else, they've added floors above that foundation that belie the origins.

But you can't convince me that they sold 240 Diamond packs and umpteen Gold packs on vanity. We didn't even have any mtxes to buy back then. We had to wait almost a year to just spend that GGGold.

No good deed goes unpunished. I always took attitude I'm paying for services and entertainment nothing else. If they performed they got money if not they didnt.

I expect they'll perform in the future
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 21, 2018, 10:29:45 PM
This really doesn't bother me at all.

I've spent the last 18 years of adult life supporting large corporations by purchasing their products. I really don't give a shit who I'm buying from so long as the product is up to my standard. If GGG keep producing a game that holds my interest every league, then I'll keep playing. If their MTX is quality, then I'll keep buying it.

If you're worried about evil overlords taking over humanity, then become a f'ing monk and really stick it to them.
"
IMSilver wrote:
POE is finished. The farce known as Bestiary was their way of warning us they were taken over by the communists.

I have news for you China is more capitalists than we in the west have become - over-regulated, over taxed almost a command economy. Soviet Union won over the west really while azns are the new capitalists and took our place.

There is a reason they are rich and we are in debt.

There is a reason they own half of Vancouver and many other cities and we mortgage.

There is a reason they buy our companies instead of other way around

I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords. Maybe they can teach us back what was lost.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 21, 2018, 10:52:53 PM
How some better servers so hardcore players don't have 2/3 of the population being unplayable with? Mapping basically just turned into paragon grinding, would have been nice if the open world was the source of grinding for solo and public games. I don't regret supporting GGG a little since things were done right a while ago but now it's dicey.
Last edited by poeGT on May 21, 2018, 10:44:25 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Shabob wrote:

I've spent the last 18 years of adult life supporting large corporations by purchasing their products. I really don't give a shit who I'm buying from so long as the product is up to my standard. If GGG keep producing a game that holds my interest every league, then I'll keep playing. If their MTX is quality, then I'll keep buying it.

If you're worried about evil overlords taking over humanity, then become a f'ing monk and really stick it to them.

That's the futility card you're playing, and we all play it more often than not.

But you've set up a strawman argument here and I think you know it -- just because we often support large corporations as part of our daily lives doesn't mean it's not a big deal when a company so fiercely indie as GGG capitulates so thoroughly. And I think you don't really care that you've made such a poor argument, as long as you get what you want.

Which is fine, but don't pretend you're not part of the problem with this attitude.

The only reason I'm here is because the game is great and keeps me entertained. The fact that GGG was an indie company played zero role in my choosing to play it. Quality is really the only thing I care about. If the quality continues, then I'll stay. If the quality goes away, then I'm gone.

I don't care if people have their hardon for indie music, games, w/e. That's their choice. If people supporting indie companies is what gives them their big break, then I celebrate that. I'm just not going to be the asshole that's calling them sellouts when they do the smart thing. It's not like there isn't going to be some other indie company following them with the next big idea.
Last edited by Shabob on May 21, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
I quit!!!!!

Btw who’s tencent? Like rapper fity cent?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
I quit!!!!!

Btw who’s tencent? Like rapper fity cent?

Its like you dont know the Alphabet company lol.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Shabob wrote:

While I would add a few additional caveats, I would agree that at the end of the day you're ultimately looking to get the most for your money as a consumer. It's one thing when you boycott a company over a philosophical belief. It's another to fail to recognize that money is going to have its influence.

People are so eager to take this "moral" high ground against these major corporations but probably don't realize just how much influence they have. All the while the cries of the sky is falling permeate the air despite nothing actually even changing.

I'm sure that when I was younger I would have thought a lot more idealistically in naivete. As I've gotten older practically tends to dominate.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Shabob wrote:

While I would add a few additional caveats, I would agree that at the end of the day you're ultimately looking to get the most for your money as a consumer. It's one thing when you boycott a company over a philosophical belief. It's another to fail to recognize that money is going to have its influence.

People are so eager to take this "moral" high ground against these major corporations but probably don't realize just how much influence they have. All the while the cries of the sky is falling permeate the air despite nothing actually even changing.

I'm sure that when I was younger I would have thought a lot more idealistically in naivete. As I've gotten older practically tends to dominate.

Some of us do understand the power of the consumer, that is exactly why you see people speaking about and considering yanking the bills this is standing on. The problem then becomes those that simply don't give a shit either way... It's rough to deny yourself a thing and possible enjoyment when the majority will plod along like nothing changed.

Maybe at the end of the day it hasn't. Maybe it has. Possibility and perspective are a mother fucker.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info