People are overreacting

"
DarkNRG wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:
I don't Myth, I've walked away from numerous games, products and people in my life over matters of principle. I see no reason to draw arbitrary lines in the sand.

I promise you 100% there is nothing connected to them that I use... except atm this forum to shiv them.

I appreciate the back pat but I'm never really looking for that.

Edit: the more they and companies like them grow the harder it will be for me assuredly. At some point I'm going to be an old man standing on a tiny island playing with sticks. Or a collection saved over nearly 30 odd years of gaming before shit went all f2p and early access when the idea of after market money came from expansions not loot crates or this other shit.

Edit2: Eventually I will tag all my posts with "I survived the bastardization of gaming."

Or did you?

Maybe one day you wake up and realize it was all a dream... a dream published by Tencent, which is your employer. Plot twist!

I don't remember which pill I took, was it red or blue... send halp plz

Wait, those were the colours? Red and blue?? Oh.........

I need a.. just... uh... need to reach out to someone real quick.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
"
DarkNRG wrote:
I don't Myth, I've walked away from numerous games, products and people in my life over matters of principle. I see no reason to draw arbitrary lines in the sand.

I promise you 100% there is nothing connected to them that I use... except atm this forum to shiv them.

I appreciate the back pat but I'm never really looking for that.

Edit: the more they and companies like them grow the harder it will be for me assuredly. At some point I'm going to be an old man standing on a tiny island playing with sticks. Or a collection saved over nearly 30 odd years of gaming before shit went all f2p and early access when the idea of after market money came from expansions not loot crates or this other shit.

Edit2: Eventually I will tag all my posts with "I survived the bastardization of gaming."

Then kindly sod off and stop making things bad for the rest of us who just want to continue enjoying video games. Spare me the hypocritical virtue signalling and put yourself in the place of the CEO who wants to improve so many things but realizes they can't rely on the support of a bunch of entitled babies who will choose to jump ship and view everything through jade-colored glasses than give *anything* the benefit of the doubt.

I'm making things bad? Type virtue signaling in one more post today sweetheart. Or... up your vocabulary and form your very own response. Jesus man you wouldn't know reality if it spin kicked you in the forehead.

Better yet, accept that you have no control over me and continue to voice your opinions whilst I do the same.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 7:18:22 AM
Everyone has an equal right to voice their opinion on these forums. As long as it's done in a respectful manner.

I suspect I'm going to be dancing a fine line with this particular gentleman soon. If I haven't already slid past it.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
1. Tencent buys significant share in GGG
2. People proclaim GGG are sellouts
3. GGG continues working on game as before, with increased staff, quality and quantity as detailed in Chris' statement
4. People stop supporting because they don't want to pay megacorp Tencent instead of the actually-not-small-at-all multi-million dollar indie company
5. PoE no longer profitable, GGG required to downsize
6. Content becomes weaker, less frequent
7. People stop playing/supporting even more
8. PoE is shut down/no longer updated
9. Players blame Tencent and claim they were right all along

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

EDIT: clarified line 3
Last edited by Inaithnir on May 22, 2018, 7:43:51 AM
"
Inaithnir wrote:
3. GGG continues working on game as before as detailed in Chris' statement
4. People stop supporting because they don't want to pay megacorp Tencent instead of the actually-not-small-at-all multi-million dollar indie company

10. GGG releases the 10-cent supporter packs and bounces back.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Just wants to include the fact that NOT selling to this company avoids everything on that list.

Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 7:48:06 AM
"
DarkNRG wrote:
My last post for the day. Just wants to include the fact that NOT selling to this company avoids everything on that list.

Edited line 3 slightly, since you were right as it was written, which was not exactly as I intended.
"
Inaithnir wrote:
3. GGG continues working on game as before, with increased staff, quality and quantity as detailed in Chris' statement

EDIT: clarified line 3

DUDE SPOILERS?!?

Damn.... don't let Navali see this by the way.

"
Inaithnir wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:
My last post for the day. Just wants to include the fact that NOT selling to this company avoids everything on that list.

Edited line 3 slightly, since you were right as it was written, which was not exactly as I intended.

It's okay I had to edit mine also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info