"
"
bablo wrote:
Not overreacting, but stating a fact:

Blizzard : Diablo 2
Activision Blizzard: Diablo 3

Need I say more?

And this is relevant how?

If you've played both Diablo 2 and 3, let it sink in for a moment...
If not, please continue with whatever you were doing.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Do you honestly think the cash will keep flowing into GGG the way it has after this?

Do I believe the internet is prone to outrage and people will have forgotten about this in a month?

Ask me in July.

GGG’s business model isn’t built on generosity, but vanity. If the game remains fun, if the next supporter packs contain very pretty MTX, then yeah - GGG will still make money. Plenty.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
bablo wrote:
"
"
bablo wrote:
Not overreacting, but stating a fact:

Blizzard : Diablo 2
Activision Blizzard: Diablo 3

Need I say more?

And this is relevant how?

If you've played both Diablo 2 and 3, let it sink in for a moment...
If not, please continue with whatever you were doing.

POE is not Diablo
GGG is not Blizzard (North)
Tencent is not Activision

let that sink in for a moment...
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
Sarno wrote:

GGG’s business model isn’t built on generosity, but vanity. If the game remains fun, if the next supporter packs contain very pretty MTX, then yeah - GGG will still make money. Plenty.

Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.
"
Sarno wrote:
Tencent won’t make us happy or unhappy.

GGG are doing work, and Tencent are taking 80% of the money that work nets them. They’ve no real reason to inject themselves in GGG’s affairs - or the western gaming market - if the people already there know what they’re doing. So long as the player base is growing and revenue is climbing, they’ll be content to stay out of the way. As for the Chinese version... well, that was already theirs.

How much micromanaging do you think they do in LoL or Fortnite? Tencent likely view buying western game development studios similarly to how western game development studios view hiring employees. First you spend money on people, then the people make you more money.

^This Except they dont have the majority shares in Epic ( Only 40% ) At least I believe it was 40% either way. I agree fact is they have not in the past messed up any of the games they bought.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.

I believe that’s true of most of the beta crowd.

I think the community has changed a lot since, though.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I'm with Charan on this one. A lot of people who supported GGG won't dish out money to Tencent. There WILL be a drop in the cash flow, and the only real question is whether or not the drop will be large enough for Tencent to directly take the reigns and start "fixing" the situation.
"
I'm with Charan on this one. A lot of people who supported GGG won't dish out money to Tencent. There WILL be a drop in the cash flow, and the only real question is whether or not the drop will be large enough for Tencent to directly take the reigns and start "fixing" the situation.

I'm 50/50 in agreement. I know some people like it for the shines and others ( myself ) was supporting PoE because they were indy and I enjoyed how they from the start followed through with what they set out to do.

Id really like to know that the money I spend on supporter packs will be going to buying Chris and the rest of the devs a new Porsche and not to some other random billion dollar industry big wig. lol ( only half joking ) honestly Id like to know the majority of the money I spend is being put back into PoE and not pooled into and then dispersed to other games as Tencent deems fit.
That’s what they said when Activision bought Blizzard Entertainment.

Results are yours to judge.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
We supported for that reason, and the mtxes were just a bonus. Something to spend our play money on. I have never, ever bought GGGold to get an mtx. And I have been broke more than once.

But we veteran whales, maybe our day is done.

So what were you reasons, exactly? To be able to spam forums with posts claiming you single-handedly sponsored the development of PoE and that Chris should be ever-grateful for that, and in fact you are owning GGG, so that they cannot make decisions of their own?

You gave them money, they did a thing. That is it. If you wanted to be able to have a call in anything, you should have bought the shares.

I'm so sick of hearing they are not the same anymore. Of course they are not. Because they succeeded for fuck sake.
It feels like that you didn't support them so that they can succeed but so that you can feel better about yourself.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info