People are overreacting

"
Perq wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
We supported for that reason, and the mtxes were just a bonus. Something to spend our play money on. I have never, ever bought GGGold to get an mtx. And I have been broke more than once.

But we veteran whales, maybe our day is done.

So what were you reasons, exactly? To be able to spam forums with posts claiming you single-handedly sponsored the development of PoE and that Chris should be ever-grateful for that, and in fact you are owning GGG, so that they cannot make decisions of their own?

You gave them money, they did a thing. That is it. If you wanted to be able to have a call in anything, you should have bought the shares.

I'm so sick of hearing they are not the same anymore. Of course they are not. Because they succeeded for fuck sake.
It feels like that you didn't support them so that they can succeed but so that you can feel better about yourself.

Savage lol.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.

I believe that’s true of most of the beta crowd.

I think the community has changed a lot since, though.

Exactly. The vast majority of people buying stuff now buy MTX because they want to look cool or buy more stash space because heavens forbid they actually need more stash space and not so they can tell the world Chris Wilson can feed his wife and kids tonight thanks to their generosity.

Most people will continue to buy MTX or stash space or whatever regardless because to them it's just a game and they never bought into the whole "I'm doing this to support an indie games company" in the first place. The sky is not falling.
Little offtopic.

Funny thing i noticed is that when any change is announced (nerfs, buffs, new mechanic, anything) there is that group of 10-15 same poeple that say its the end. Always the same players are so negative and i cant figure out why. BEGONE DOOMSAYERS!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

GGG’s business model isn’t built on generosity, but vanity. If the game remains fun, if the next supporter packs contain very pretty MTX, then yeah - GGG will still make money. Plenty.

Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.

But we veteran whales, maybe our day is done. Maybe it's all about those $30-60 packs now. Just cheap enough for people to say, well, I like the game and I like what they've done.

Yes, the player base probably changed a lot and the cash revenue won't be affected too much with their decision to sell out.
But for me the tencent take over severed the emotional umbilical cord i had with GGG.

...don't want to sound too bitter

"
kuciol wrote:
Little offtopic.

Funny thing i noticed is that when any change is announced (nerfs, buffs, new mechanic, anything) there is that group of 10-15 same poeple that say its the end. Always the same players are so negative and i cant figure out why. BEGONE DOOMSAYERS!

Lol thats true of every game forums. The vocal minority.
"
bablo wrote:
Not overreacting, but stating a fact:

Blizzard : Diablo 2
Activision Blizzard: Diablo 3

Need I say more?

What the fuck does that have todo with anything? Sick and tired like you wouldn’t believe with people bringing Diablo into every conversation about PoE. D2 came out like 25 years ago, D3 like 10 years ago. Go find something else to beat to death Jesus fucking Christ.

Deliver pain exquisite
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Perq ridicule take on buying GGG shares made me remember you once said somewhere you asked GGG if you could invest into buying shares and from my memory they answered you they wanted to stay away from such move... How things have changed.

Records will remembers they refused a genuine ARPG lover to buy share from them to stay "independent" but agreed to an evil corporation to do it.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 21, 2018, 4:20:30 AM
"
B1tGh0st wrote:

Lol thats true of every game forums. The vocal minority.

Yea but those few players keep it up for few years now and they were never right so far.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I WANT there to be a cash flow drop. This isn't me just saying, 'Gosh, I hope it doesn't happen but it might, because this isn't good guys'. No, my withholding future support is emblematic of what I want others to do. And I want that drop in cash flow to result in Tencent doing whatever they can to salvage things. In the long run, I want GGG to crash and burn. Because as of today, it is not a game company owned and operated in New Zealand. It's just another Tencent sub-company.

How utterly childish. You're basically saying you want the game to be ruined for everyone who still enjoys it because it's ruined for you.
Last edited by RandallPOE on May 21, 2018, 4:24:30 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I WANT there to be a cash flow drop. [...] No, my withholding future support is emblematic of what I want others to do. And I want that drop in cash flow to result in Tencent doing whatever they can to salvage things. In the long run, I want GGG to crash and burn. Because as of today, it is not a game company owned and operated in New Zealand. It's just another Tencent sub-company.

So now you will actively try to destroy GGG because they made a decision you don't like. Ooooooook. That is something a reasonable grown up man would do.

Also, please take your own advice - if you don't like the game so much (and hate GGG now, apparently), just don't play it and move along.

"
Head_Less wrote:

Perq ridicule take on buying GGG shares made me remember you once said somewhere you asked GGG if you could invest into buying shares and from my memory they answered you they wanted to stay away from such move... How things have changed.

Records will remembers they refused a genuine ARPG lover to buy share from them to stay "independent" but agreed to an evil corporation to do it.

Iiiiiiii don't recall doing that, but ok. :P
Evil company. Honestly I'll pick evil Tencent over Activision or EA.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 21, 2018, 4:38:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info