People are overreacting

What good is a company if it can't make you money? You can't make money unless you make people happy. I have full confidence tencent will make people happy to make thier investment back and then some.

You will be happy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 21, 2018, 3:09:07 AM
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 1:55:51 PM
I play LOL which tencent owns and it's still great. You are overreacting.
Git R Dun!
Tencent won’t make us happy or unhappy.

GGG are doing work, and Tencent are taking 80% of the money that work nets them. They’ve no real reason to inject themselves in GGG’s affairs - or the western gaming market - if the people already there know what they’re doing. So long as the player base is growing and revenue is climbing, they’ll be content to stay out of the way. As for the Chinese version... well, that was already theirs.

How much micromanaging do you think they do in LoL or Fortnite? Tencent likely view buying western game development studios similarly to how western game development studios view hiring employees. First you spend money on people, then the people make you more money.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on May 21, 2018, 3:17:43 AM
Not overreacting, but stating a fact:

Blizzard : Diablo 2
Activision Blizzard: Diablo 3

Need I say more?
You're naive.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I agree with Sarno, Tencent doesn't want to micromanage companies, they want to lob millions of dollars at companies and collect on their shares. This really is getting blown out of proportion (per usual.)
"
You're naive.

For everything a first time: I agree with I_NO.
"
Sarno wrote:
Tencent won’t make us happy or unhappy.

GGG are doing work, and Tencent are taking 80% of the money that work nets them. They’ve no real reason to inject themselves in GGG’s affairs - or the western gaming market - if the people already there know what they’re doing. So long as the player base is growing and revenue is climbing, they’ll be content to stay out of the way. As for the Chinese version... well, that was already theirs.

How much micromanaging do you think they do in LoL or Fortnite? Tencent likely view buying western game development studios similarly to how western game development studios view hiring employees. First you spend money on people, then the people make you more money.

Well said. There is a reason you have highlight postage.
Git R Dun!
"
bablo wrote:

Need I say more?

And this is relevant how?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
bablo wrote:

Need I say more?

tencent is not activision and do not have their track record ?
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info