[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Guffinn wrote:
There are trees withought Meeks, I used these in Bestiary myself and all Videos are without Meeks. The Meek Trees just give more Life, Res and INT than the ones without, so it's a 100% Upgrade to make if you don't have really sick rare Jewels.

The Conversion Watchers Eye is pretty core for the Endgame Gear. You could just use Moonbenders Wing until you can afford one tho. Or a good Shaped Statstick may beat that too, even if you loose a lot of conversion, depending on the rest of the gear.

It will work, it will just result in less DPS. You will have no real problems tho. Out of curiosity, what do you plan on buying instead of the items you talked about/whats your budget/what do you already have?
Ty for the interest in the Build btw :)

I have a good amount of the items already. A good stat stick, good belt, and funds for most everything else (jewels included). I Just usually like to test drive a build before going whole hog into it w/funds. I already have a champion setup for this but after hearing how Scion scales better end game and the leech it gains from slayer ascendancy, I don't know if I can pass it up.
"
Jalopyy wrote:
I have a good amount of the items already. A good stat stick, good belt, and funds for most everything else (jewels included). I Just usually like to test drive a build before going whole hog into it w/funds. I already have a champion setup for this but after hearing how Scion scales better end game and the leech it gains from slayer ascendancy, I don't know if I can pass it up.

Hmm, that sounds like a good starting point.
You can test the feel of the Build mapping and Bossing wise without the Watchers Eye and Meeks, sure. Just like I said, Meek makes a big HP difference, and the Watchers Eye a lot of Damage.

Champion carries bad gear more than Scion, but Scion has more Survivability in a lot of ways.
I prefer the braindead ease of Scion with Overleech, Life Gain on Hit and full Acro, while still having 7k Life with good SC Tree/Gear etc.
Damage is obviously higher than a non conversion BF. A conversion Champ comes close to that tho, at least in the Tests I made. Scion overtakes it with investment by a decent margin, while Champ is king with bad-ish gear. Both will reach insane amounts of DPS tho, and at some point more Damage doesn't really matter anymore. Then stuff like Scions Defensives come into play.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 16, 2018, 6:17:32 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Jalopyy wrote:

Hmm, that sounds like a good starting point.
You can test the feel of the Build mapping and Bossing wise without the Watchers Eye and Meeks, sure. Just like I said, Meek makes a big HP difference, and the Watchers Eye a lot of Damage.

Champion carries bad gear more than Scion, but Scion has more Survivability in a lot of ways.
I prefer the braindead ease of Scion with Overleech, Life Gain on Hit and full Acro, while still having 7k Life with good SC Tree/Gear etc.
Damage is obviously higher than a non conversion BF. A conversion Champ comes close to that tho, at least in the Tests I made. Scion overtakes it with investment by a decent margin, while Champ is king with bad-ish gear. Both will reach insane amounts of DPS tho, and at some point more Damage doesn't really matter anymore. Then stuff like Scions Defensives come into play.

One more question before I start - I'm getting confused between the builds listed.

1) SC POE Planner which notes using 3 MOTM
2) Leveling trees (using the L75 one for this example)

Do the examples where points are obviously regretted away (IE aspect of panther, fangs of frost) originally chosen for ease of leveling purposes? If I was too stubborn to regret away those points, can I just follow the SC 'final' map, generally along with the leveling one, minus later removed nodes? Or is that tree like that specifically for a reason.
Last edited by Jalopyy on Jul 16, 2018, 6:37:14 PM
"
Jalopyy wrote:

One more question before I start - I'm getting confused between the builds listed.

1) SC POE Planner which notes using 3 MOTM
2) Leveling trees (using the L75 one for this example)

Do the examples where points are obviously regretted away (IE aspect of panther, fangs of frost) originally chosen for ease of leveling purposes? If I was too stubborn to regret away those points, can I just follow the SC 'final' map, generally along with the leveling one, minus later removed nodes? Or is that tree like that specifically for a reason.

Ye, the Levelling Trees were made for a barebones, no Items League Start Character. Difference is not too big, it's just Panther/Lynx/Fangs of Frost. I include them in the levelling trees, because these are part of the "non might of the meek" trees. You won't have acces to Meek in the first few days of a League, so I kept em out.
help! i am in act 6 and i am constantly taking massive amount of damage from any enemy, please help my character's name is VDspeds
So i am doing this build at the moment and no matter how much i love the single target it has.., its life is just BS and it cant survive pretty much anything... I dont know what am i doing wrong but i would appriciate if you could tell me how to fix that. Thannks!

OneIceBoy -> IG name

"
help! i am in act 6 and i am constantly taking massive amount of damage from any enemy, please help my character's name is VDspeds

You don't even have 2k Life, that's pretty bad :D. Don't use that many Uniques without HP, get some flat Life. Also, if you feel you are struggling with Life then go for the Scion Life Wheel earlier.
I mention that all in the Guide tho.

Hope your Levelling goes smoother once you grab more Life/different Gear :)

"
Dule1939 wrote:
So i am doing this build at the moment and no matter how much i love the single target it has.., its life is just BS and it cant survive pretty much anything... I dont know what am i doing wrong but i would appriciate if you could tell me how to fix that. Thannks!

OneIceBoy -> IG name

Yo mate, thanks for sticking with the Build for so long :)

6k life is fine for everything. For whatever reason you don't take Acro tho. I explain that it is completely non negotiable IMO. If you are fine with the Damage but struggle with Survivability, why don't you take the biggest Defensive Thing you can get on the right Side of the Tree?
Also, Claws offer significantly more Survivability through Life Gain on Hit than Foils. That's not a deal breaker tho.

That said: if you die with 6k Life you're doing something wrong gameplay wise. Not 100% Flask Uptime, running into unneccessary stuff, standing still/not always being on the move. At least that seems like the only logical reason to me. I did T16s not problem at like 5.5k in Bestiary and earlier this League. Sadly I can't look at your Gameplay, but please tell me what's going wrong.

Your Gear is pretty good btw, Amulet Rings and Statstick are all very cool. You should be able to get a Stygian Vise with WED for cheap tho, and better Abyss Jewels for even less (with more Life and better offensive Stats).
Are you currently in your Bossing Loadout? Or do you map like that? Reave does not only map faster than BF, it's also way safer due to it's insane Range in a pseudo 6l Helmet.

Hope I could at least somewhat help you. Everything except Acro looks dandy IMO.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 18, 2018, 4:41:26 PM
Was wandering if grabbing Hearth of Oak could be better than that 2 Evasion and Life nodes above "Revenge of the Hunted" Same life and some Stun avoidation and recovery which im currently struggling about sometimes. What do you think?
"
Mewerath wrote:
Was wandering if grabbing Hearth of Oak could be better than that 2 Evasion and Life nodes above "Revenge of the Hunted" Same life and some Stun avoidation and recovery which im currently struggling about sometimes. What do you think?

Sure go for it. I never get stunned, so I prefer Hunted. That said, right now I'm playing with neither :P
could i just go blade flurry only?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info