[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

I have a question regarding claw choices.

If there was a choice between a 350 pdps claw with 25% ish attack speed and a 400 pdps claw with crafted atk speed, which one would be the better choice? Assuming they are both approximately equal in price.
Hello Guffinn!

I want to thank you a lot. This is the first league i'm able to do all the content of the game.
I killed Minotaur, Hydra and Red Elder deathless on the first try and now I only need to do The Shaper and The Uber Elder. I'm also near to complete all the atlas.

Here is my equipment:

As you can see, I use your tree but I made some modifications with the stuff.
I only use BF because I don't like Reave and I wanted to have Kaom's Roots all the time.
So it's only personnal preferences and not an efficacity question.

I really enjoy your work.
Keep going. :D
"
madziar169 wrote:
Hi ! I have a question. How much DPS u had when u kill uber elder with 330p dps claw ? Im thinking if i will be able to kill it too. I've done all the content but not him didnt try yet but i have 15 ex to spend and dont know if i should get better claw+statstick or get better rings ect. I got perf fire and light. res for "pokemon flask" xd so im more into getting better claw but im here to ask if it's the right way and what pdps should i look for

I don't remember anymore, like 3 Million Shaper DPS or something maybe.
Your Gear looks fine honestly, should be dandy for Uber. That said, you should be able to get a better Claw for sure.

"
Mad_Mike wrote:
I have a question regarding claw choices.

If there was a choice between a 350 pdps claw with 25% ish attack speed and a 400 pdps claw with crafted atk speed, which one would be the better choice? Assuming they are both approximately equal in price.

400pdps Claw always will have the better DPS. When looking at Claws, pdps comes first. 2 Claws with equal pdps: the one with higher Crit wins.
APS is factored in to pdps already. It's just that a higher APS Claw will feel significantly better to play with. So if it's a drastic difference, I'd go for higher APS since you don't need something too crazy.
Higher Crit can also feel better while mapping.

Will actually clarify that in the Endgame Gear Section, ty for bringing it up.

"
orbebop wrote:
Hello Guffinn!

I want to thank you a lot. This is the first league i'm able to do all the content of the game.
I killed Minotaur, Hydra and Red Elder deathless on the first try and now I only need to do The Shaper and The Uber Elder. I'm also near to complete all the atlas.

Here is my equipment:
Spoiler

As you can see, I use your tree but I made some modifications with the stuff.
I only use BF because I don't like Reave and I wanted to have Kaom's Roots all the time.
So it's only personnal preferences and not an efficacity question.

I really enjoy your work.
Keep going. :D

Ty mate, cool to see you progressing so much :)
And yeah, people have personal preferences. Do what you like, but sometimes I throw out some recommendations.
Gl on Shaper etc. :)

btw, 100k Views. Yay.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 15, 2018, 5:00:24 AM
Hi Guffin, just wanted to say that its my first character that cleared whole endgame content. Really fun to play, amazing clear speed and damage, i did uber elder 6 times and 4 was deathless, i lost portals only one time but i was doing it for the first time and i had worst gear then now. I have invested like 35ex into this build and im very satisfied. You should add to cons that you can't do vorici mission "keep the target on low life" becouse its getting 1 shot every time xD Also you can use Storm prison carved wand to generate 4 power charges instead of 3 before bosses. Recently i slammed white sockets on my belly and still want to upgrade helmet to Tempest binding, cool build bro, thanks:)))

Last question, any tips how to burst shaper between phases? Is it only about damage? I'm doing it super easy but still cant burst it down like you on the gif, greetings.
"
Mewerath wrote:
Hi Guffin, just wanted to say that its my first character that cleared whole endgame content. Really fun to play, amazing clear speed and damage, i did uber elder 6 times and 4 was deathless, i lost portals only one time but i was doing it for the first time and i had worst gear then now. I have invested like 35ex into this build and im very satisfied. You should add to cons that you can't do vorici mission "keep the target on low life" becouse its getting 1 shot every time xD Also you can use Storm prison carved wand to generate 4 power charges instead of 3 before bosses. Recently i slammed white sockets on my belly and still want to upgrade helmet to Tempest binding, cool build bro, thanks:)))

Last question, any tips how to burst shaper between phases? Is it only about damage? I'm doing it super easy but still cant burst it down like you on the gif, greetings.

Yo mate, great that this Build could help you so much!
Gz on the kills :)
And good that your Belly didn't poof :P

For these Vorici Missions I just have my Reave on a 1link and chop away at the Exile a few times.
Storm Prison only lets you have 4 PC while you have it equipped, which you won't have during Bosses :P And with Jaws of Agony you don't have to kill stuff, can do it whenever.

Also these are something you can use to get to completely full charges before a fight. Stand in the entry zone, wait till you get to full charges, put on other boots and move to the boss, put these back on to not loose charges, switch back boots once the boss starts.
Takes sooooo long tho, so I don't mention it. Maybe I add it to the Uber Elder Tips.

That's some sick gear you have mate :)

You can't burst him 100 to 0, he goes invulnerable until the last phase. But he heals between Phases until you kill the Miniboss (Unshaped and Uncreated). So what I did for that gif was that I waited afk for 15 Minutes in the last transition so that he heals to full, complete the transition and burst a fully healed Shaper down.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 15, 2018, 6:18:23 AM
Do you feel like flat ele damage to attacks is more valuable than % increased attack speed when you crit? These are my current abyss jewels:

Just curious since the shopping list you put together for me contained a lot of the attack speed gained when crit jewels.
Last edited by Phont on Jul 15, 2018, 8:26:15 PM
How viable is this build would you say without ALL the stuff you suggested?

IE I can get most all of it, but the watcher eye + 3 MOTM jewels might not be immediately obtainable.
So how do you play this, I just don't get it (new player here) :(

You have no room for two 6-link items... so do you use the Reave for mapping now, or the Blade Flurry? And how do you switch then before map bosses? You exchange all the gems manually? Or just do this before hard bosses / uber bosses?
"
Phont wrote:
Do you feel like flat ele damage to attacks is more valuable than % increased attack speed when you crit? These are my current abyss jewels:

Just curious since the shopping list you put together for me contained a lot of the attack speed gained when crit jewels.

The Link I gave you contains Abyss Jewels with ALL Stats that are offensively beneficial to us. You need to compare options in PoB. The official trade Site has a "Copy Item Info" Button for every Item on the down left.
Usually the Attack Speed is better, just tick "crit recently" in the config. It's always safer to compare options tho.

"
Jalopyy wrote:
How viable is this build would you say without ALL the stuff you suggested?

IE I can get most all of it, but the watcher eye + 3 MOTM jewels might not be immediately obtainable.

There are trees withought Meeks, I used these in Bestiary myself and all Videos are without Meeks. The Meek Trees just give more Life, Res and INT than the ones without, so it's a 100% Upgrade to make if you don't have really sick rare Jewels.

The Conversion Watchers Eye is pretty core for the Endgame Gear. You could just use Moonbenders Wing until you can afford one tho. Or a good Shaped Statstick may beat that too, even if you loose a lot of conversion, depending on the rest of the gear.

It will work, it will just result in less DPS. You will have no real problems tho. Out of curiosity, what do you plan on buying instead of the items you talked about/whats your budget/what do you already have?
Ty for the interest in the Build btw :)

"
Edimasta wrote:
So how do you play this, I just don't get it (new player here) :(

You have no room for two 6-link items... so do you use the Reave for mapping now, or the Blade Flurry? And how do you switch then before map bosses? You exchange all the gems manually? Or just do this before hard bosses / uber bosses?

It's literally all explained in the guide. There are pseudo Link Items, that "include" Support Gems in them.
Maybe read more thoroughly :) No offense though, I know it's a lot of text to read through. It's just that I took the time to explain almost everything in this guide and would appreciate it if people spent some of theirs to read through that, and not make me repeat myself.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 16, 2018, 12:26:38 PM
E: made a blank post I guess? Sorry.
Last edited by Jalopyy on Jul 16, 2018, 4:27:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info