[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
ewarwoowar wrote:
Thanks Guffinn!

I bought a 5L prophecy and linked my Belly for 22c.

I've tried to get a new ring and/or amulet but the fact I need intelligence is causing the prices to be muuuuuuuch higher, it sucks. Really finding it hard to get any upgrades with 100c :(

Connecting your tree on the right side gives you one free Point like I said, could put that into 30 INT for now. And Uber Lab will give you plenty more Skillpoints, which you can invest into reaching the Jewel on the top right for 20 INT from Pathing. With that Jewel Socket, you need exactly 40 INT on Gear. At that point, your Amulet alone would cover that. With a 30 INT Node as well, you only need 10. Also, the Meek Tree gives 2 more INT than Aspect of the Lynx, you can get INT on Statsticks, etc.

Any of these Rings: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/90mvp8fK
is better than your Ruby. Put in Res according to your Needs.

Gearing with Rares can be incredibly easy, people usually just don't search for the right Stuff. That's why I included the trade Links as a guideline (which you should always adapt to your personal situation and compare Options in PoB)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 12, 2018, 5:27:36 PM
Thanks again Guffin. Turns out I cant connect like that until I pass Uber Lab as I need the last 2 points to be able to start at ranger.

Staying in 820 waiting for someone to give away last trial...
IGN: EwarShanks EwarBooms EwarTank
"
ewarwoowar wrote:
Thanks again Guffin. Turns out I cant connect like that until I pass Uber Lab as I need the last 2 points to be able to start at ranger.

Staying in 820 waiting for someone to give away last trial...

I mean this mate:
One wasted Skillpoint. Just respec one somwhere else, allocate that one there, then respec the 2 on the other side, and take back the one you initially respecced.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 12, 2018, 5:32:47 PM
Thanks for the build idea, I have been using a majority of it with only some minor changes to fit what I have to work with at the moment.

Really liking this build. Got lucky hitting my 60C stat stick with an exalt and ended up with this!

Rest of my build feels pretty good. Need to work on rings/ammy, and trying to decide about the belt.

Main hand claw, rings/ammy. These are the priorities for now until I can work the belt in. Corrupted main hand is also really hindering my flexibility with Reave socketing.

Opted for crit/crit damage for now on my 6L to allow freezing until I can properly link Reave in a pseudo5L etc.

Rest of gear for now:

***WILL UPGRADE SOONISH***

***PRETTY MUCH DONE, LOW PRIORITY TO UPGRADE***

***PRIORITIES - Ring/Ammy/Belt all need some work but the Hatred effect seems to be additive so the +34% isnt awful. (36% base)***

Flask setup

Running Bisco's for now since I found it and am hoping it will help fund further upgrades hehe. The extra Aura Effect of Hatred (belt/ring) seems to be noticeable, although should be outpaced by some better upgrades.

Also the Ele Weakness Curse-on-Hit via Lightpoacher/Spirit Burst is feeling fairly reliable as well even if Spirt Burst itself is fairly unreliable to "aim". It shines in tight melee range though as you cant miss =P.

Any glaring needs feel free to critique ;)

Thanks for the build idea!
Last edited by qwertypoopslam on Jul 12, 2018, 8:19:58 PM
"

"
Aeistrya wrote:
Hi, Guffin! Thank you so much for such a fun build! Having a blast with it so far. I'm sitting around 530k~ DPS (BF) and around 300Kish for Reave, and I'm positive I have ways to go!

I'm aware that most of my gear can be upgraded, but I was wondering what you'd recommend first -- getting a 6L? Taste of Hate? 2 socket Tombfist? I'm sitting at around 5.8k HP, and have a second watcher's eye ready to slap in at Lv90~ approximately. I'm in the territory of HUGE investment upgrades, and I was curious what you think will give me the most bang for my buck, so to speak. Do you think I'd be able to up to T15/16/ShaperGuardians with what I have so far?

Thanks again! Cheers.

Hey mate, glad you're having fun with it :)

Second Watchers Eye? I guess you mean you will replace your current one? Since you can't use 2 at once.

As for Upgrades, I recommend respeccing to the Might of the Meek Trees (and buying 3 Meeks :P). It's the same DPS, while giving you more Life, Res, and more reliable Crit. Just respec the whole part with Heart of Oak and Aspect of Lynx.

Your Statstick is ok, your Claw is good (but could use Crit to feel a lot better). I would try looking for a Innervate/Hypo+Inc AoE helm to make mapping even faster and safer if thats a concern.
Flasks are ok, but personally I would have dropped all Life Flasks by now. Or at least drop one more for a Stibnite or Quartz.
The Rings and Amulet are the biggest offenders in my eyes, they are all pretty bad. Check out some of the Endgame Trade Links, and maybe remove a mod or so from the search to find some cheaper results. Like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/YQwvq6CY Just an example, you can do better.
These should all be very cheap to upgrade tho.

As for the rest: I would upgrade to ToH before getting a 2 socket Tombfist. ToH is great for survivability and damage everywhere, makes a noticeable difference.

I 100% meant a second Might of the Meek. I have one on already, ahahahaha. I'm just saving up those points to respec into the Might of the Meek tree.

I actually got the stat-stick following your trade link! :O What would you say would be priority stats I should look for in the next one?

I'm so thrilled you think the claw is good. A good friend of mine bought it for around 10c, dumped an annulment into it, and got that attack speed on it for me. The crit is pretty low, for sure. The trade links get me claws that are 5ex+ which I can't afford right now :'(

Fingers crossed on upgrading the rings/amu. I was checking out a few within the last few days, and most of the ones I liked were miles out of my price point. Definitely on my radar tho!

After ToH, would you say 6L or 2Socket Tombfist?

Thanks again!
"
Thanks for the build idea, I have been using a majority of it with only some minor changes to fit what I have to work with at the moment.

Spoiler
Really liking this build. Got lucky hitting my 60C stat stick with an exalt and ended up with this!

Rest of my build feels pretty good. Need to work on rings/ammy, and trying to decide about the belt.

Main hand claw, rings/ammy. These are the priorities for now until I can work the belt in. Corrupted main hand is also really hindering my flexibility with Reave socketing.

Opted for crit/crit damage for now on my 6L to allow freezing until I can properly link Reave in a pseudo5L etc.

Rest of gear for now:

***PRIORITIES - Ring/Ammy/Belt all need some work but the Hatred effect seems to be additive so the +34% isnt awful. (36% base)***

Flask setup

Running Bisco's for now since I found it and am hoping it will help fund further upgrades hehe. The extra Aura Effect of Hatred (belt/ring) seems to be noticeable, although should be outpaced by some better upgrades.

Also the Ele Weakness Curse-on-Hit via Lightpoacher/Spirit Burst is feeling fairly reliable as well even if Spirt Burst itself is fairly unreliable to "aim". It shines in tight melee range though as you cant miss =P.

Ty for the kind words, glad you enjoy your time :)

Do I see it right that you are mapping with BF? That's fine, but then you really should use InC AoE for that :P
That said, a Innervate+Inc AoE Helmet with 90 Life goes for like 20c or so right now, super cheap. And Reave is far better for mapping.

DPS wise the claw is okayish, but I would upgrade it a bit as well. When you are looking for your next one, get one that has Life Gain on Hit as an Implicit. That shit is super busted.
The statstick is sick tho, gz!

Cyclopean Coil is cool for the Freeze Immunity, but even with Hatred Aura Effect it is worse Damage wise than a Stygian Vise that has WED + Abyss Jewel. The Vise also obviously offers res and has more Life usually :P

I really wouldnt use Whirling Blades in a 2 Link, Faster Attacks 20/20 makes it feel so much smoother. Try it out for a bit.
The CoH Ele Weakness Setup is a cool thought, but on Shaper etc. Curses don't matter that much since they have so much Curse Effect Reduction. You really need to build for Curses to have it make any significant Impact.

Overall it seems that you are mapping with the Bossing Loadout, I would recommend going with some Rare Boots + the Reave Helmet. The Rare Boots allow for a HoI+CoH setup, which gives you more Mapping Speed. Overall your Life and Res would be much better as well.

Kraken Torc is not really a good Ammy, but Brood Grip is a sick Ring. You could look into upgrading your Abyss Jewels as well, they're not all that good. You even still have a magic one :P Really decent 3 props go for 40c or so.

Overall, do what you enjoy. If it works for you currently then stick with it. But give the Mapping Setup etc. a shot to see how it feels :)

"
Aeistrya wrote:

I 100% meant a second Might of the Meek. I have one on already, ahahahaha. I'm just saving up those points to respec into the Might of the Meek tree.

I actually got the stat-stick following your trade link! :O What would you say would be priority stats I should look for in the next one?

I'm so thrilled you think the claw is good. A good friend of mine bought it for around 10c, dumped an annulment into it, and got that attack speed on it for me. The crit is pretty low, for sure. The trade links get me claws that are 5ex+ which I can't afford right now :'(

Fingers crossed on upgrading the rings/amu. I was checking out a few within the last few days, and most of the ones I liked were miles out of my price point. Definitely on my radar tho!

Thanks again!

I think I said the Statstick is decent, theres nothing to criticize there really.

I would really look into upgrading the Rings/Ammy as a priority, there is tons of Damage to be gained there.

As for 6l vs Tombfist, your call. 6l will help your Singletarget tremendously, but the Tombfist will help both Clear AND Singletarget a bit.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 13, 2018, 10:41:22 AM
Hi ! I have a question. How much DPS u had when u kill uber elder with 330p dps claw ? Im thinking if i will be able to kill it too. I've done all the content but not him didnt try yet but i have 15 ex to spend and dont know if i should get better claw+statstick or get better rings ect. I got perf fire and light. res for "pokemon flask" xd so im more into getting better claw but im here to ask if it's the right way and what pdps should i look for
Spoiler
"
Guffinn wrote:
"

Spoiler

Rest of gear for now:

Flask setup

Ty for the kind words, glad you enjoy your time :)

Do I see it right that you are mapping with BF? That's fine, but then you really should use InC AoE for that :P
That said, a Innervate+Inc AoE Helmet with 90 Life goes for like 20c or so right now, super cheap. And Reave is far better for mapping.

DPS wise the claw is okayish, but I would upgrade it a bit as well. When you are looking for your next one, get one that has Life Gain on Hit as an Implicit. That shit is super busted.
The statstick is sick tho, gz!

Cyclopean Coil is cool for the Freeze Immunity, but even with Hatred Aura Effect it is worse Damage wise than a Stygian Vise that has WED + Abyss Jewel. The Vise also obviously offers res and has more Life usually :P

I really wouldnt use Whirling Blades in a 2 Link, Faster Attacks 20/20 makes it feel so much smoother. Try it out for a bit.
The CoH Ele Weakness Setup is a cool thought, but on Shaper etc. Curses don't matter that much since they have so much Curse Effect Reduction. You really need to build for Curses to have it make any significant Impact.

Overall it seems that you are mapping with the Bossing Loadout, I would recommend going with some Rare Boots + the Reave Helmet. The Rare Boots allow for a HoI+CoH setup, which gives you more Mapping Speed. Overall your Life and Res would be much better as well.

Kraken Torc is not really a good Ammy, but Brood Grip is a sick Ring. You could look into upgrading your Abyss Jewels as well, they're not all that good. You even still have a magic one :P Really decent 3 props go for 40c or so.

Overall, do what you enjoy. If it works for you currently then stick with it. But give the Mapping Setup etc. a shot to see how it feels :)

"
Aeistrya wrote:

Thanks again!

I think I said the Statstick is decent, theres nothing to criticize there really.

I would really look into upgrading the Rings/Ammy as a priority, there is tons of Damage to be gained there.

As for 6l vs Tombfist, your call. 6l will help your Singletarget tremendously, but the Tombfist will help both Clear AND Singletarget a bit.

Yeah, I have a whole stash tab of abyss jewels. Been doing alot of alt spamming and that magic one is awaiting a regal. Hard to not get a minion related roll though =P. Upgraded my rings yesterday after farming a few ex this week. Next is Amulet+Claw for sure. Life on hit is certainly my goal with 350-400 pdps ideally.

Reave on a 3 link has worked okay-ish simply because I am either spamming low maps with the Bisco's on, or doing high red maps with rippy mods where I use BF to shred packs and take my time. This leaves the mid tier maps as an issue where BF doesnt do enough AOE, and Reave not enough damage. One thing I have done is to gem swap Reave into the 6L for yellow maps which does the trick pretty well, and at this point BF still wrecks even on a 3L for those maps bosses.

Hoping I can get an Elder Claw with life on hit and 1-2 built in support gems so I can pseudo 5L Reave there.

Thanks for the feedback, will try that Whirling Blades setup!
So I decided to take an expensive route and throw kaom's roots on the build since I plan on running uber elder and endgame bosses. It was expensive because I had to pick up two unset rings, one with a curse on hit assassin's mark setup. Anyway, I'm assuming since taking the build this way, the Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics nodes are useless since evading is not possible with Unwavering Stance?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
-----------------------------------------
www.twitch.tv/madebyskinny
www.youtube.com/madebyskinny
"
Hiroyama wrote:
So I decided to take an expensive route and throw kaom's roots on the build since I plan on running uber elder and endgame bosses. It was expensive because I had to pick up two unset rings, one with a curse on hit assassin's mark setup. Anyway, I'm assuming since taking the build this way, the Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics nodes are useless since evading is not possible with Unwavering Stance?

Nice to see that you give the build a shot :)

Dodge and Evasion are two completely seperate things, and our Dodge still works with Kaoms as opposed to Evasion.

You dont need Kaoms for Endgame Bosses, but If you read the Uber Elder segment you have seen that I recommend them there, sure, but consider them useless for all other Bosses.
Btw: they completely trivialize some aspects of the Fight, but they are 100% not needed. Just makes it more fool proof/fixes dodging mistakes.
Unset Rings are cool to offset the loss of Gem Sockets, but your overall DPS goes down a lot compared to a non Kaoms Setup due to being forced into these bases. especially if you want to go with a CoH ring as they are expensive as hell, even for medium Rolls.

I personally wouldnt, and dont, go for Kaoms Roots while mapping and on any other Boss than Uber Elder. If you want pure HP, you can just wear a Kaoms Heart + Doublestrike Gloves and Reave Helmet for mapping.

In the end, do what you want obviously. Like I say, this is Just a Guideline, adapt it to your needs. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Just came Home from a Party, on mobile and cant look at stuff/type too much. Gonna get back to the other Posts in like 9 hours or so.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 14, 2018, 1:31:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info