Important: How We're Changing Capturing

Thank you for these changes!!! So far the league has been a nightmare to try and capture beasts.

I heavily DISAGREE with some people saying we should not be able to capture dead monsters... as a summoner, this is kinda the only way.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Thank you for these changes!!! So far the league has been a nightmare to try and capture beasts.

I heavily DISAGREE with some people saying we should not be able to capture dead monsters... as a summoner, this is kinda the only way.

3 sec Capture window should solve the problem? See a rare mob, Get over to it...net it...minions kill it.

Capturing dead monsters feels like such a hashed together compromise.
dead capture would completely and utterly ruin the feel of the league, and just pander to people who don't actually want to interact with its mechanics but still want its rewards.

Please, don't do that. You've already made beasts tradable to cater to their style, that's more than enough, no need to defile the spirit of the league further.

Solution #1 is fine, although the stun abuse thing is definitely an issue... maybe instead of always stunning them, make them still able to fight back and move at a slowed pace, and if they're lowered to 1 life while netted they become 'stunned' until einhar shows up?

"
sarannah101 wrote:

if you're now given a 3 second window to net them before, you've got plenty of opportunity to net them before your minions get to them.
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 3, 2018, 5:17:52 AM
Dear GGG, why complicate things so much?
1) I will skip this league since it's obviously made for people with lots of time, and I have less time to dedicate to gaming nowdays, so I will stick to standard and just play Poe the good old,fun way, slaying and getting loot and crafting with benches.
2) I would really like for bestiary to roll into the core game, but if u keep making these leagues so exotic regarding accessibility and cumbersome, people won't like them for the core game. For example harbinger and legacy was straight forward, kill and get the loot from monsters , shards and league stones. And yet you didn't add them on the core game.
Now you designed bestiary with the clear intention for it to become core game, yet you made it's systems so cumbersome, that the spirit of arpg ,killing, getting loot,crafting in a simple and elegant way is no longer there.
3) instead of nets, make a flask capable of suckin in the beasts just like the souls of bosses.
You tag/mark the monster you want the flask to capture with a tracking dart or whatever by pressing "v" ,activate the flask then you have to quickly get the monster to low life, and the flask will suck it in. After that the guy will come and take the monster from the flask away into the menagerie.

This solves all problems , the monster is just tagged so that the game knows what beast you want to capture, but the monster is in no way incapacitated , and you still fight it the normal way, also the monster remains dangerous, and when it gets to low life, if the flask effect is still on, it will suck it in.
Last edited by arkolyno on Mar 3, 2018, 5:20:28 AM
Sucks. I'm really enjoying the capturing mechanic. Capturing dead beasts loses their value of being unique or legendary beasts. Oh well, can't argue with whiners lol. The first option is way better. Just make the beasts invulnerable to ailments and stuns while on net so it wont really be abused.
"
Miffy23 wrote:
These prompt reactions are why you guys are the best in the business! Top notch!

best in business are known for NOT making mistakes

being known for quickly fixing own mistakes is a strong indication of well.. not being there yet
I have a feedback: If multiple beats are caught in a small area instead of having him despawn then instantly respawn a brand new portal, instead jsut having one animation of him blood magicing away all the creatures at once, i dont need to see him have a one liner 15 times in a row in a single zone.

Also, for the love of GOD, speed up his animations, its already a pain to wait for strongboxes to spit out their loot, but forcing me to wait through his 20 second capture animation becuase i caught a strongbox rare mob is a pain in the ass, it feels like i slammed face first into a brick wall, and its even worse if i have buffs up that then run out completely becuase he takes so long to do his business.

Finally, and this might be too OP, but please get rid of the net cooldown, it soudns crazy, but i like to spam nets on large packs to quickly get the mobs i want/need, having to wait 10 seconds between casts feels bad when in those 10 seconds i could have cleared a quarter of a map (GC mines btw).
Can't wait for this change so i can get back to lague and play my summoner.
I had intended to write a paragraph about the over complications in this new league and the effect that must have had on its execution. But I dont want to pile on further. Thank you for working over the weekend again to quickly address some issues.

I feel for the GGG employees who no doubt crammed and worked overtime to make this league deadline once again.
add my vote into the "first change only" pool. People have been nuking maps for several leagues now, and in my opinion it's nice to see the clearspeed warriors have an actual opportunity cost this time around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info