Important: How We're Changing Capturing

"
HeyCarl wrote:
Honestly, I think the first solution is the only one you need. The capture mechanic just needs to feel less clunky and we're good. The dead creature capture seems to ruin the spirit of the league.

capturing dead creature is to give summoners, golemers n totemers a chance at playing tis league
34pre98qua
you can CAPTURE dead beasts? just to accomodate that your game turned from ARPG into racing sim?

this is THE most ridiculous and lore-and-immersion breaking 'change' ive ever seen in gaming history

'we made a go-slow league because we though the game and playerbase had not been busted so badly over last 2 years of power creep AND now because we finally realize we did turn our game into a racing sim we will apply the sketchiest bandaid ever'

it is pretty damn sad

maybe the strategy of 'always buff' and 'more more more' multipliers wasnt viable long term strategy after all?
"
sidtherat wrote:
you can CAPTURE dead beasts? just to accomodate that your game turned from ARPG into racing sim?

this is THE most ridiculous and lore-and-immersion breaking 'change' ive ever seen in gaming history

'we made a go-slow league because we though the game and playerbase had not been busted so badly over last 2 years of power creep AND now because we finally realize we did turn our game into a racing sim we will apply the sketchiest bandaid ever'

it is pretty damn sad

maybe the strategy of 'always buff' and 'more more more' multipliers wasnt viable long term strategy after all?

capturing dead creature is to give summoners, golemers n totemers a chance at playing tis league
34pre98qua
glad to hear things are changing, i was genuinely thinking this was the worst league ever just because capturing felt so awful but capturing dead beasts sounds like a massive improvement. i just hope the nets aren't harder to get than the regular ones or the league will be miserable, which is a shame as i'm a big fan of the basic concept.

i'm hoping it'll be easier to capture mobs in a pack too? i can never target any of the beasts that spawn ads because they're in a giant pack and i can't highlight them reliably

oh right and the nets should let me try again much sooner, right now it feels like there's a really long cooldown or something, half the time i fail my first net the beast's dead before i can throw a second
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Mar 3, 2018, 4:33:06 AM
Now we are talking. I always believed in you Chris. Good job
It would be nice to be able to capture the beasties that I want to capture, instead of killing them with DoT and/or having nets that just don't bloody work.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
I feel like there should be a reward for being able to catch it live though. Although I certainly do enjoy the change to capturing dead beasts, those who design their playstyle for the intended playstyle of the league should be rewarded as well.
Being able to capture dead beasts seems to go against the whole idea of the league to me.

I like that you have to be careful and think about your situation instead of murdering everything as fast as possible. If players can simply capture dead beasts, then they'll clear maps in 15 seconds with broken builds just like before without worry. The beasts will become just another item to loot.
"
stkmro wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

it is pretty damn sad

tell me then: how this concept even got trough planning and design? noone at ggg realised that summoners, offscreeners, pew-pew-speed-meta etc wont be able to interact with single-target-slow-mechanic?

nor would people actually WANT to do it - because last 2 years we were rewarded ONLY for speed-clear and got conditioned to that

how this league got even released?.. this is the part i do not get. the implementation delays are result of rushed release but the entire concept shows great disconnect
Do make the changes fast before I lose my mind.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info