Important: How We're Changing Capturing

I think that the best solution is marking. You have to be able to mark a beast that you are targeting for capture it, then you have 3-5 seconds to kill the beast and capture it. You will receive the loot, but the beast doesn't die and it is captured.
"
Dbri wrote:
maybe players should adapt and tailor their builds around the league, instead of demanding that the league tailor around them.

when build diversity (TradeMark) turned into league diversity
lets call it the Last Jedi of Challenge Leagues
"
stkmro wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
you can CAPTURE dead beasts? just to accomodate that your game turned from ARPG into racing sim?

this is THE most ridiculous and lore-and-immersion breaking 'change' ive ever seen in gaming history

'we made a go-slow league because we though the game and playerbase had not been busted so badly over last 2 years of power creep AND now because we finally realize we did turn our game into a racing sim we will apply the sketchiest bandaid ever'

it is pretty damn sad

maybe the strategy of 'always buff' and 'more more more' multipliers wasnt viable long term strategy after all?

capturing dead creature is to give summoners, golemers n totemers a chance at playing tis league

As if there aren't like a million other corpses around the thing you capture, or a million other ways to CREATE corpses as a summoner...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Just. Autocatch. On. Death. Without. Nets.

TY.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
stkmro wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
you can CAPTURE dead beasts? just to accomodate that your game turned from ARPG into racing sim?

this is THE most ridiculous and lore-and-immersion breaking 'change' ive ever seen in gaming history

'we made a go-slow league because we though the game and playerbase had not been busted so badly over last 2 years of power creep AND now because we finally realize we did turn our game into a racing sim we will apply the sketchiest bandaid ever'

it is pretty damn sad

maybe the strategy of 'always buff' and 'more more more' multipliers wasnt viable long term strategy after all?

capturing dead creature is to give summoners, golemers n totemers a chance at playing tis league

As if there aren't like a million other corpses around the thing you capture, or a million other ways to CREATE corpses as a summoner...

Did you miss the "attaches to the rarest corpse" part?
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
javifugitivo wrote:
I think that the best solution is marking. You have to be able to mark a beast that you are targeting for capture it, then you have 3-5 seconds to kill the beast and capture it. You will receive the loot, but the beast doesn't die and it is captured.

+1
I like this one better than re-animating dead beasts.
Instead of a the kill shot, a net automatically gets deployed instead.
This way there is still the league mechanic of looking at and checking the beast while it is still alive. And if the net is not good enough or you ran out of it, the beast dies instead.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Minion Build is totally lousy to this league. It's no fun. Catching a monster in a group before it will be killed is too difficult. Otherwise I like to play it.

In addition, annoying far too big impressions of new recipes. I do not have a big screen and that just covers too much of everything!
"Poor fish-wife."
"Oops, clumsy me!"
Last edited by Maiky_x3 on Mar 3, 2018, 6:12:42 AM
"
avlee wrote:
Capturing dead beasts takes away the whole point of it. It's about trying to be skillful instead of focusing on clearspeed. If you want to focus on clearspeed focus on it, but let others be patient and capture rare beasts and then then sell them to clearspeeders.

Capturing dead ones just trivializes the whole process and dumbs it down making the whole idea of capturing beasts feel pointless...

Yeah, I agree... The collecting of corpses is kind of ridiculous and the idea that there would be a mechanic to somehow capture destroyed corpses is even more ridiculous. In Abyss, you introduced a lot of new corpse skills... and now you plan to render the choice to destroy corpses meaningless.

I thought form day one, this game was about making tough choices. i thought that is why you re-balanced the Ascendancies -- so that Slayer, Necromancer, and Inquisitor weren't the only Endgame-viable builds out there. You know, so that players could be creative. This increases re-playability of the game and also diversifies the economy so that there isn't just one dominant meta that inflates certain stats to be the only desirable ones.

I like the notion of having to wear a beast down to then capture them, but as a totem build thus far, i am definitely finding it tough not to kill them by accident.

Perhaps there's a solution in just swapping the capture order of mechanics?

1) ID the beast you want to capture like you would target any other monster.
2) Attack in place while throwing the net
3) When the net collides with the monster, it "binds" the monster for a set duration -- weaker nets for 3 seconds, strongest nets up to 20 seconds maybe... the nets are not restricted by level so much as by how players plan to use them. Kinda like a buff or debuff.
4) If monster's health reaches 1 within the net's duration, you capture it. Capture overrides Death, so no matter if it's DoT or overkill damage, the monster is captured at health = 1.
5) If the monster is not reduced to 1 life within the net's duration, it enrages and you must use another net in order to capture it.

I don't know how tough that would be to program, but it seems intuitively along the same vein as existing mechanics: buffs, duration, life quantity = 1.

Or perhaps all nets just have a 10 second window and fancier nets have an additional effect?

Standard Net = 10 seconds
Culling Net = captures the monster at 10% life instead of life = 1
Twin Net = captures an additional copies of normal tier (white) monsters, but only last 5 seconds
Enraging Net = enrages the monster immediately, but lasts 20 seconds, kind of an automatic 2-net catch

I mean, I don't know about programming this stuff, but as a long time player, I think if a mechanic like this comprises an entire League, why not standardize it a bit more so that every build and playstyle can just sort of engage with it on level terms? The last handful of Leagues were all "something spawns, you trigger a stream of monsters, grind these occurrences to get to the league-specific gear" -- Abyss, Harbinger, Breach, Essence, Perandus, Talisman... Every build and playstyle had equal access to the league content. I respect that these efforts are being put into Bestiary with the net/capture mechanics, but I think instead of dealing with monsters that die too quickly, or forcing everyone to play a precision hitting build, maybe just let people determine their own capture timing with whatever their playstyle.

I mean, it's right now kinda feeling like Vorici's "keep target on low life for 8 seconds" mission... a pain in the ass.

Nice work on this league though, broadly speaking. The Menagerie is awesome.
"
Being able to Capture Dead Beasts

We're going to introduce some new nets that can capture dead Beasts. You'll be able to kill monsters at your normal speed without slowing down, and then you throw this net onto the dead monsters. It'll find the rarest monster there and attach to it. Einhar has already demonstrated his skills at blood magic, so he's very capable of reviving the monster as he adds it to your Menagerie.

After this change is made, players who want to go fast or who deal so much damage that nothing stands a chance will still be able to capture whatever Beasts they want. Players who enjoy the existing capture mechanics can still use the regular series of nets, with the option of switching to the new ones if they feel the need later on.

Scrap your idea with reviving dead monsters, because then you cater once more to the FOTM meta community. Just let them suffer, if they kill to fast, then bad luck.

We can not engage an easier Elder either, just because we are low DPS and slow. You don´t hold our hands as Casuals, so why hold the hands of hardcore gamers?

The bolded part above, should also work with beasts that are alive. Why should we have it harder if we catch them alive, by making sure we target the exact monsters, if the speed meta guys don´t need to target anything?

You make things so much easier for them, it´s just not a fair thing to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info