Important: How We're Changing Capturing

Wow there is some serious overreacting from some people here...
Yeaaaaa, how about no. Not even remotely interested in this capturing crap. This is easily one of the worst mechanics you've ever put into this game. I am completely ignoring the capturing of beasts
The system needs changes but capture dead body is not the solution, it will be less funny.

What about if u can use the net but the monster can still attack and move near that zone, etc? Only if his health goes down to... 10% it's captured.

And that net has 5 secs duration.

It would be like...

-Use the net.

-Hit it super hard before 5 secs.

-Done.

"
"
IPACE wrote:
I feel like there should be a reward for being able to catch it live though. Although I certainly do enjoy the change to capturing dead beasts, those who design their playstyle for the intended playstyle of the league should be rewarded as well.

This post right here is why we can't have nice things.

People complain about something they want changed and GGG finds a middle ground to allow those frustrated participate.

All of a sudden people who were fine with the original concept want to be issued additional rewards, lol.

I think you do not see the issue so let me explain it to you.

The past leagues were always for the Meta guys with speed. Breach, Harbinger, Abyss, it was all about maximum DPS races. We casuals saw the short end of the stick, couldn´t engage with the final encounters because we were too slow and didn´t had the damage to take them down.

Now there is finally a league, where slow play is rewarded. I play a summoner and therefore my movement speed and said of my minions is lower, plus we do less damage. I like the league, because I have to actually target a mob and then take it down slowly.

If we now change this mechanism to dead beasts, then we are once again punished. Not only, do we have to do it the hard way, by actually targeting the right beast (which is really hard as a summoner, since we have so many minions on screen), no we will also be punished because we actually take the risk of our beast being slain and / or enraged.

I do not know what Chris is thinking, but he has to really make up his mind. This league was announced for casuals and slow gamers, making it now into Breach 4.0 is just terrible.

I feel a fine tuning of a capturing window would solve all these problems. The capturing of dead mobs feels terrible.
Im fine with whatever, but, the guys that didnt think about what build they
were supposed to play to capture beasts, they made a mistake
In my opinion its not supposed to be "99999x damage" builds and then "capture em all and win"
It should be a clever adjustment to mechanics, and only builds that works with that should
be used for capturing beasts

But i guess the "no brainer i do 999999million damage so i win" thinking will win because
thats whats in the forums
"
HeyCarl wrote:
Honestly, I think the first solution is the only one you need. The capture mechanic just needs to feel less clunky and we're good. The dead creature capture seems to ruin the spirit of the league.

this, please don't destroy the idea of the league because of the vocal minority complaining

"
"
Hawdskinna wrote:
Dead captures takes away from the excitment of trying to catch them imo

IT'S NOT FUCKIN G EXCITING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I find it exciting & I know many people that do so too.
Love the league, finally a mechanic, not just more mobs from somewhere.

"
Archimtiros wrote:
To be honest, I'm against the idea of dead captures.

Yeah, it sucks for those people who want to go faster, faster, faster, can't stop, won't stop, but that's their choice! They're trading potential captures for faster farm.

I'd actually believed this capturing mechanic was purposefully designed to push back against the speed meta and reward people for taking a bit more time in doing things, while speedrunners could use their higher currency per hour to trade for whatever they happen to miss.

+1
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Thankyou, the league would have been total crap without the changes..
"
Wow there is some serious overreacting from some people here...

It's actually unreal how some people carry on, screws loose doesn't even cover it haha.

Fair play to GGG for trying to reach a compromise, the capturing mechanics are clunky and awkward currently. I think the dead beast capture mechanic is pretty sound really, it will allow totem/summoner/bleed/etc builds a shot at capturing but at a higher cost (assuming more expensive nets). The other change regarding having time to whittle down beast health whilst it is netted is good too. I really like the concept of Bestiary league, it's something a bit different and is a new variation on crafting. Hopefully once the kinks are ironed out it will function more fluidly.
The method of capturing already slain beasts as proposed in this post seams to be too convenient, to the point that standard method of capturing would be irrelevant.

The idea I came up with is to: when the trap is thrown on dead best it will ressurect it with full life, enraged and with maybe some other buff like onslaught, along with all nearby dead monsters. That would potentialy create some nice challenging encounters and would have nice risk/reward balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info