Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Nuhanzer wrote:
"
kto9 wrote:
Hey Exiles. I just wanted to share a quick strategy I use for sustaining maps. Some may not like this, but this what I do and it works for me.

My general opinion is that IIQ on maps has a marginal effect on maps dropping. I believe that every map has a generated seed when opened that determines how many maps will drop (or an underlying coefficient that affects map drops only).

Most of this is supported by my own experience, some will agree. If you're cool with this general idea read on.

So let's say you've gone a while without any maps dropping. Let's say you do 2 maps with zero maps dropping, or maybe just 1 map dropping out of 2 completed. What you do, is simply do a higher tier map at this point.

Granted, this isn't a surefire way to sustain, because there are times when you time the drop incorrectly, but for the most part I've been able to run lower tier maps, get a dry spell and then switch to higher tiers and find myself with about 2-4 higher tier maps.

That's it. You can chisel maps or alch them, but for the most part it doesn't have much of an effect. Path of Maps has some good stats on IIQ affecting map drops. While there appears to be an IIQ influence on map drop rate, based on currency expended to chisel, or vaal, the return for maps alone is insignificant.

Again, this is only my opinion. It works for me and it works well. It's how I build a big map pool early on league. I rarely buy maps, unless I've gone through a big dry spell. That's usually the only time I will buy a high tier map. Often times I do time it right.

Do with this information what you will.

Well, I have more map drop doing magic map than rare or corrupted one. Probably just me. doing 10 rare map drop only 3 maps compared to doing 4 magic and get more than 6+ maps. Probably just me.

It's my experience and from what I've seen the experience of many other players as well so we are not alone.

Reddit and some other people may want you to believe that IIQ matters, but it really doesn't. When a magic map drops more maps than a corrupted 8 mod map, it's quite obvious map drops aren't based solely on IIQ.

So you have to game the system as best you can. When in a dry spell switch to high tier red maps. After you get those maps drop from your high tier red, then switch back to low white or yellows. Wait for that dry spell, switch, rinse repeat.

The only way to sustain.

here is my strategy
farm uber lab buy exalts when they re 40c after that buy all maps u need and try to "MAKE ZANA 8" 2prophecy total cost 36c(i bought cheap silver coins and manage to get 15 zana prophecy+ belly jewelers touch etc so it was cheaper then buy) run t15 maps if its proc sell zana spots for 4c and if guardian maps drop sell it ,it is workin just need 420k exp for zana
if u have zana 8 and bisco it is much more easier to sustain maps but before zana 8 all maps mehhh drop rates
The point is that we shouldnt have to buy maps, the game is too focused on third party trading that it taking away from the rpg itself.
Honestly the map drop rates are clearly fucked up, no matter how much i roll or chisel, the red maps don't drop. And to make worst i got elder on red maps now, but since i don't have any red maps, i just CAN'T do anything related to the new "War for the Atlas" content now.
I have also noticed significant difficulty in sustaining maps. With 120 atlas bonus, I can't sustain t11+ without buying maps. Where as in the last 3-4 leagues I have had no problem sustaining t10-t13 shaped map pool with only 90 atlas bonus.

I'm not against trading, but when it comes to the end game grind, you should not need to buy maps from another player when you're already investing so much into chisels, sextants, zana, and rerolling for good pack size.
I've long held the theory that theres a random number thats generated on a timer behind map drops, I never get consistent drops I'll get absolutely nothing all day or every boss will drop 2 and i unlock like 1/3rd the atlas in a couple of hours (sadly the first is most common :p)

It doesn't feel like flat rng though obvious confirmation bias is present.
Well i normally could sustain alright, had to buy some here and there. I got 130% completion and I have all to T12 unlocked, t13 shaped shore and t14 shaped vault. No other t13, t14 or any t15, so a +2 on vault would be a guardian map.

I mean really getting bored of it atm. I know the adjusted map drops with breach i have a feeling they never set it back.

I chisel, alch, vaal, chaos, packsize, magic, rare you name it it's all rolled well and i can't sustain.

9 vaults, 3 shore and not a single return

Getting bored with it tbh if it has to be this way...
"
roetetoet wrote:

I chisel, alch, vaal, chaos, packsize, magic, rare you name it it's all rolled well and i can't sustain.

The reason you can't sustain is because map drops aren't based on IIQ, no matter what Chris or Reddit tells you.

There is an underlying coefficient that is separate from normal items dropping that determines if a map will drop. That coefficient is generated in a map seed.

Most map drops go like this:

0,1,1,5,2,1,0,1,4,0,1,2,0,5,0,1,0,1,5... and on

If you time your map right, you can sustain red maps, but you have to run yellow or white maps after you get that 4 or 5 + map drop within a single one map run, in order to compensate for the next interval of low volume map drops.

Last edited by kto9 on Dec 28, 2017, 3:17:54 AM
OP needs to learn manners, they could have left out all the bragging. Anyways red map cost is ridiculous.

"
Bab4Yaga wrote:
My 2 cents, fully complete atlas. I've had it complete less than a week into the league I want to say.

Map drops rates have been nerfed.

You start to see maps drop more often when you invest into 4+ sextants, bloodline, 20 quality, obviously rare.

You also get 1 maps of equal level or higher for every 4-5 lower map drops.

To maclarca,

horrible league. I'm on the verge of uninstalling myself. These bull holes you follow that map you backtrack half the map only to drop you junk? Into the abyss in hopes to find a boss that drops more junk.

Elder spreading that makes no sense, I got this clown 3x in a row on tier 11+ maps, i cleared all the surrounding maps, he pushed towards yellow, I cleared a few of those. Bam elder and his clowns spawn at the lower tier maps. I stand there wasting time going through the motions of the fights, only for it to happen again and again. Said to myself, screw it, let them keep this garbage for themselves. Not spreading anymore elders. I want a good fight from elder, not some rng garbage that lets you stand there afk while it goes through the scenes.

Shaper stopping your fight for 10 seconds for no reason, to say the same thing he's said the last 50x.

Tier 15 boss fights that last 1 seconds, and have 40 seconds of nonsense. I've just begun to skip all the boss fights that have some sort of retarded mechanism which prevents you from ending the fight when it should. Sunken city as an example, I get the spider lady down to 0 hp, whole bar is gone, she then vanishes down, comes up, vanishes down again, spawns on the other side only to die again. Sadly the fight is the fastest one of them all, the brine king one is horrible, fight starts, he's down, she sings, etc.. for no reason are these fights being dragged out that long, this isn't an end game boss fight. Kitava fight is just awful, goes low, has a seizure, grabs innocents/sin, more seizures. just endless garbage, I want to kill stuff and be challenged, i dont need some lady singing to a crab for no reason when he's getting his shell cracked. That crab is going into my pan and is being served with butter, dont delay it.

To Telzen,

if you've been reading these threads for the last 4 years, why dont u have anything of substance to contribute to them? After 4 years you should have something decent to add, but that's not the case. Makes you think how much are you really comprehending. Why dont you do us a favor and make your characters public so we can see what builds you got going on. I'm wondering what amazing setups you have after 4 years of playing this game, or are we going to be disappointing?

um if you hate the game so much, why did you spend a shitton of money... dominator pack etc.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Dec 28, 2017, 10:39:34 AM
Last league t16 maps were 10c per 1 map. Now 30c per 1 map.

Pretty obvious map drops were severely nerfed.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info