Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Telzen wrote:
God I love how EVERY single league we get this exact same thread, it never fails.

And yet, the underlying issues have never been fixed.

EDIT: Well, Harbinger did fix it, was great. Then they unfixed it.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Dec 28, 2017, 4:21:18 PM
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Last league t16 maps were 10c per 1 map. Now 30c per 1 map.

Pretty obvious map drops were severely nerfed.

Yea harbinger and horizon orbs had nothing to do with that. /s
"
diablokiller1 wrote:

They were 3c mid-league. Reason: Harbinger Orbs. But I would still assume map drops got nerfed, for other reasons.
They lowered the drop rate in Harbinger.

I bet they never adjusted it..

Makes leagues simply shorter for me as constant running out and having to do lower tier is just no fun for me.

Same with the bisco's, it gave people reason to farm, now you can pay 15 ex for them and people get easy bored because there is not much return.

With the expansion and the elder/shaper spawning in lower tier, they kinda force you to play the elder/shaper game and they do that by not letting you sustain easier on higher tier and sit there.

For some this might be fun, i really do not care. But it looks to be that way.

Last edited by roetetoet on Dec 28, 2017, 10:45:50 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
God I love how EVERY single league we get this exact same thread, it never fails.

There is no issue. Some people think maps don't drop enough, while others think they do. So say they did increase drop rates, how much should they increase them by? There is always going to be people who don't think they drop enough, so where should the limit be?
Maps are part of the economy. They have made it ALOT easier over the last years to get maps. And even high red maps are easy mode sustainable with the right investment.

You shouldn't ask for more map drops. Just get someone to teach you how to get those map drops.
Bleah, stop it.

Map sustain isn't the problem. With a fully completed Atlas maps do tend to drop, albeit at a lower rate for red tier maps (dare I say at the "intended" rate).

There are 2 problems:

1) The unlocking of adjacent maps is mind boggling regarding it's clunkyness. This needs improved, either via vendor recipes or the reintroduction of Horizon orbs. It's asinine to be forced to trade NO MATTER WHAT, if you want to complete the Atlas due to the ABSURD amount of underlying RNG - or they could just make sure that you ALWAYS drop those adjacent maps when hitting a threshold of the currently completed maps...

2) Maps dropped from bosses need to stop going up to tier 1 for tier 16 bosses. No but's and no questions asked. Nerf their rate if needed, but keep them at least on the current tier as a MINIMUM, especially post a 100/157 Atlas completion (or when you hit the red tier maps).

You vanquish the harshest enemy the game can throw at you on a tier 16 map, and all that he drops is a "puny" tier 4 map and some magic "junk", really? That's ASININE and counter-productive. That needs to stop. Heck, it shouldn't have EVER, and I mean NEVER, EVER HAPPEN, no matter the amount of layers of RNG.

As soon as they address these LEGITIMATE gripes, the Atlas of maps would gain it's "rightful" place as PoE content. Until than. it remains as subpar as the "Labyrinth" currently is (and no, a "straight line" sequence of chambers should never in a million years deserve the therm "Labyrinth", no matter what)...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 29, 2017, 1:51:20 AM
"
Miská wrote:

You shouldn't ask for more map drops. Just get someone to teach you how to get those map drops.

You mean - teach you how to pull hundreds of chaos required for sextants/chiesels/rerolls/Zana mods out of your ass? There's nothing complicated about increasing item quantity and, therefore, map drop rate, the mechanics are fairly straightforward. The problem is that it requires you to be wealthy AF in the first place. Back in Legacy, I could sustain red maps just by running them alched. In Abyss, this only works up to T13. Starting with T14, map drops become absolutely horrible.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
diablokiller1 wrote:

I bought mine for 3-4c last league. After beating shaper, I never felt the need to buy them again.

But I did buy again for another character, just so to test the char if she is capable of beating guardians & shaper , after beating 2 guardians, & spending 10mins on Poe.trade & not getting responses for the other 2 guardians, I say FU, this shouldn't be how to play the game, putting RNG to content I have no problem beating & quit the league.

But due to 'good design', there is little incentive to beating end game bosses once you beat them 1st time, so I never bother to.

I am never a fan of the map as a currency. Contents should never be locked under RNG.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

There is no issue. Some people think maps don't drop enough, while others think they do. So say they did increase drop rates, how much should they increase them by? There is always going to be people who don't think they drop enough, so where should the limit be?

As I said, Harbinger was good. Maps were not free, but easy enough to sustain or buy if you needed to. Was a very fun league just because of that.

Abyss, I am not even going to try. I might go to 12/40 later in the league, when I have time to play, but I am not sure I will. Might just skip it entirely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info