Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Miská wrote:
Maps are part of the economy. They have made it ALOT easier over the last years to get maps. And even high red maps are easy mode sustainable with the right investment.

You shouldn't ask for more map drops. Just get someone to teach you how to get those map drops.

With the right investment you could always maintain any tier of maps. Just make sure you always have 2 maps of the desired tier, if you drop to 1 map, use a mirror to copy it. Done.

However, "sustain" for me means that I am not losing currency when playing alone. In Harbinger, I could do that on T16 maps. If I can only do that on T11 maps in Abyss, why bother? Lose currency (on average) every time I play a T13+ map? Great.

I know how to sustain maps. Support + Support + Windripper/Bisco DPS character on sextant blocked maps is one option. Not my style, don't enjoy that.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Dec 29, 2017, 6:13:51 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Last league t16 maps were 10c per 1 map. Now 30c per 1 map.

Pretty obvious map drops were severely nerfed.

I bought mine for 3-4c last league. After beating shaper, I never felt the need to buy them again.

But I did buy again for another character, just so to test the char if she is capable of beating guardians & shaper , after beating 2 guardians, & spending 10mins on Poe.trade & not getting responses for the other 2 guardians, I say FU, this shouldn't be how to play the game, putting RNG to content I have no problem beating & quit the league.

But due to 'good design', there is little incentive to beating end game bosses once you beat them 1st time, so I never bother to.

I am never a fan of the map as a currency. Contents should never be locked under RNG.

Amen.

Since day 1 of this game, I knew I was going to dislike mapping when they started talking about rolling affix / prefixs on maps, that drop, to perpetuate their fantasy of a game 100% devoted to abstract currency that you craft with.

Atlas 2.0 solidified that, where I was hoping they would ditch the tedium of farming maps, like what Diablo 3 eventually did.

3.1 is just tripling down on a system that is clearly broken and disliked, by the very statistics they show multiple times a league ( like just the other day ). Habringer orbs, the new maps tab ...this is getting way out of hand. They're trying way too hard to make players deal with farming maps and map accessories.

It's like watching someone spend every waking moment of their time trying to convince you to keep using your black and white television box from 40 years ago. "Buy this adapter that converts RCA to HDMI ! Try our new mobile app that will turn the channel dial on your TV for you!"

Why?!
Guys the problem is maps themselves not the drop rate, the system that is being used is broken. Content shouldn't be gated behind maps that become a economy, that only the rich can truly buy enough to farm and remain rich while rest struggle to get any and most good maps always taken. The solution is simple, make the map device have all maps, allow progressive unlocks as you beat each tier, allow access to next. To prevent over farming of the higher maps they could just limit the access similar to what instances do in games like wow. This would mean people could progress the maps without having to be part of the whole greedy trade system in place, and waiting forever for a certain map. It also means that the game would be more fun as you can actually progress it at a decent pace.

My view is maps where a way to gain more income by stash tabs, now guys before you say the game is free mtx is good, remember that this game was funded by players in it creation and was presented to people as a game being made for gamer by gamer who love rpgs, no hint of mtx was ever present when people backed it in the beginning. It was greed that ultimately leads to mtx as the chosen options since their is always whales who overspend and make a market.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Maps are part of the economy. They have made it ALOT easier over the last years to get maps. And even high red maps are easy mode sustainable with the right investment.

You shouldn't ask for more map drops. Just get someone to teach you how to get those map drops.

With the right investment you could always maintain any tier of maps. Just make sure you always have 2 maps of the desired tier, if you drop to 1 map, use a mirror to copy it. Done.

However, "sustain" for me means that I am not losing currency when playing alone. In Harbinger, I could do that on T16 maps. If I can only do that on T11 maps in Abyss, why bother? Lose currency (on average) every time I play a T13+ map? Great.

I know how to sustain maps. Support + Support + Windripper/Bisco DPS character on sextant blocked maps is one option. Not my style, don't enjoy that.

Weird, I am playing t14 maps solo, and sustaining easily. While making way more currency then I invest. You are overreacting. You don't need any of that stuff you mentioned.
The exaggerations in this thread are really not serving to strengthen your argument.

You do not "have to buy maps". You have to spend more time if you don't.

You don't "have to roll maps". You have to spend more time if you don't.

You don't "have to sextant-block". You get better results if you do.

By exaggerating the problem you turn off anyone you might be trying to convince.
"
Miská wrote:

Weird, I am playing t14 maps solo, and sustaining easily. While making way more currency then I invest. You are overreacting. You don't need any of that stuff you mentioned.

Care to share your strategy? I'm not even being sarcstic here, I'm genuinely interested. Unless, of course, the strategy is "first you need to make a few thousand chaos, then buy a ton of sextants/chisels/alchs/scourings..."

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

And since "more time" is not available in a temp league... Well, you get the idea.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Dec 29, 2017, 9:27:15 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The exaggerations in this thread are really not serving to strengthen your argument.

By exaggerating the problem you turn off anyone you might be trying to convince.

He not exaggerating, it larger problem than he even highlighted.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Its not an exaggeration by any stretch
I would personally like to see sextants nerfed as they currently are just overpowered. They encourage and reinforce people to only run single maps because they almost always revolve around buffing up a shaped map.

I'd like to see them changed on a whole so that they provide 'fun' modifiers while mapping rather than just raw mobs. Cool things like slipstreams or mysterious barrels.
Failing that, removing sextant blocking would be great. Just let people roll two overlapping mods, but would only get the benefit of a single one whilst consuming charges on both of them.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Don't need to nerf sextant, instead stop making maps like vault where there is 7 sextant effects that just outright makes every other map unappealing to run.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info