Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

My 2 cents, fully complete atlas. I've had it complete less than a week into the league I want to say.

Map drops rates have been nerfed.

You start to see maps drop more often when you invest into 4+ sextants, bloodline, 20 quality, obviously rare.

You also get 1 maps of equal level or higher for every 4-5 lower map drops.


To maclarca,

horrible league. I'm on the verge of uninstalling myself. These bull holes you follow that map you backtrack half the map only to drop you junk? Into the abyss in hopes to find a boss that drops more junk.

Elder spreading that makes no sense, I got this clown 3x in a row on tier 11+ maps, i cleared all the surrounding maps, he pushed towards yellow, I cleared a few of those. Bam elder and his clowns spawn at the lower tier maps. I stand there wasting time going through the motions of the fights, only for it to happen again and again. Said to myself, screw it, let them keep this garbage for themselves. Not spreading anymore elders. I want a good fight from elder, not some rng garbage that lets you stand there afk while it goes through the scenes.

Shaper stopping your fight for 10 seconds for no reason, to say the same thing he's said the last 50x.

Tier 15 boss fights that last 1 seconds, and have 40 seconds of nonsense. I've just begun to skip all the boss fights that have some sort of retarded mechanism which prevents you from ending the fight when it should. Sunken city as an example, I get the spider lady down to 0 hp, whole bar is gone, she then vanishes down, comes up, vanishes down again, spawns on the other side only to die again. Sadly the fight is the fastest one of them all, the brine king one is horrible, fight starts, he's down, she sings, etc.. for no reason are these fights being dragged out that long, this isn't an end game boss fight. Kitava fight is just awful, goes low, has a seizure, grabs innocents/sin, more seizures. just endless garbage, I want to kill stuff and be challenged, i dont need some lady singing to a crab for no reason when he's getting his shell cracked. That crab is going into my pan and is being served with butter, dont delay it.

To Telzen,

if you've been reading these threads for the last 4 years, why dont u have anything of substance to contribute to them? After 4 years you should have something decent to add, but that's not the case. Makes you think how much are you really comprehending. Why dont you do us a favor and make your characters public so we can see what builds you got going on. I'm wondering what amazing setups you have after 4 years of playing this game, or are we going to be disappointing?
Last edited by Bab4Yaga on Dec 25, 2017 9:40:37 PM
I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to a Streamer .. cause Streamer RNG is a thing and is not a myth. I tuned into Alkaizer's stream, and just watched him get 8 Shaped Vault Maps from 3 Shaped Vault Runs.....

He has his Map Tab Shaped Vault slot almost completely full.

With 93/157 Atlas Completion and doesn't use any Zana Mods, runs 6 sextants.

I don't understand how the hell he is in such a surplus when I cant get a map drop to save my life?

I just want to be able to sustain for a little bit.. thats all
"
Bab4Yaga wrote:
To Telzen,

if you've been reading these threads for the last 4 years, why dont u have anything of substance to contribute to them? After 4 years you should have something decent to add, but that's not the case. Makes you think how much are you really comprehending. Why dont you do us a favor and make your characters public so we can see what builds you got going on. I'm wondering what amazing setups you have after 4 years of playing this game, or are we going to be disappointing?
What do my characters have to do with anything? And what do you want me to say that already hasn't been said by hundreds of others over the last few years? Every league people who are having bad luck with maps make threads talking about it. And when people who are also having bad luck see it, they take it as evidence that something must of changed. Anyone who has been here for years knows that maps have gotten infinitely easier to sustain than they were in the past. The fact that people get through the story and complete their damn atlas in two weeks already shows how easy it has become.
Last edited by Telzen on Dec 26, 2017 9:46:34 AM
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.
"
Completed 35 ChallengesEldubs wrote:
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.


How do people be able to let the dev knows, if you don't complain?

Does it occured to you that people complained cuz they hope part of the game they have issue with improved or addressed, so they can enjoyed their game more?
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Completed 35 ChallengesEldubs wrote:
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.


How do people be able to let the dev knows, if you don't complain?

Does it occured to you that people complained cuz they hope part of the game they have issue with improved or addressed, so they can enjoyed their game more?


Have you ever tried sending suppprt tickets? Posting on suggestion forum? Posting solutions? Relevant thoughout posts instead of complains.
"
Completed 35 ChallengesEldubs wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Completed 35 ChallengesEldubs wrote:
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.


How do people be able to let the dev knows, if you don't complain?

Does it occured to you that people complained cuz they hope part of the game they have issue with improved or addressed, so they can enjoyed their game more?


Have you ever tried sending suppprt tickets? Posting on suggestion forum? Posting solutions? Relevant thoughout posts instead of complains.


Thats more productive answer than your original post which called for

1) Quit game
2) Call people stupid

Also many people have good suggestion in this thread, if you bother to read. Even from yourself 'buy maps'.

Good constructive critisizm and proper advancing suggestions merit good behaviour towards them, but people who just say "Last league i hd good maps now i dont pls fix" should get scolded and talked bad upon. If you dont have the proper brain capacity to explain a problem and possible solutions you dont deserve to be taken seriously, not talking to you specifically. I have read every single post here, and there are good things there for players of different calibers, my tastes are not universal and no ones should be, but I cant be bothered posting super long explining posts on my tablet when a simple "you are wrong because this" in a bad manner is more than enough andnwhat is deserved. And yes I consider my self higher that a lot of other people due to my ego.
The problem is the design of it to begin with, it was not a good idea to even have maps as a content to begin with, the only reason they did it was to make people buy more stash tabs. No other game would use such a pointless system that prevents half the content in game from even being accessed by half the players. It should never have become a economy to play a map 'some maps costs exalts for example', it should been something that unlocks as you play each map which should been already available from the device if wanted to do it that way to begin with. If people say well then people can run maps non stop then just add kool-downs like instances in other games of similar concepts. But the fact that progression in content is behind a marketing system of trade is a bad design; one based on drop rates and map pricing.

To explain what I mean ill give a example, at tier1 unlocks all tier1 maps, before tier2 maps are available tier1 maps must be defeated, once they are defeated they can be limited to a number of times aloud to be repeated a day to prevent people from exploiting certain maps.

As tiers unlock more maps and options of content become available but it is all part of the map device system itself and is based upon your own capability and progress to unlock them, the special maps as in unique can be limited option to prevent abuse, such a system solves this issue removes the need of wasting of stash tabs and should have been in place to begin with; the only reason I see that it wasn't is they wanted to waste inventory space to encourage buying tabs like many other things do. It clear that could been the case since now their is a map tab people must pay alot for.

They wont want to use this idea now because of the money making of tabs, and hence only solution to the issue is to increase drops rates that a map will drop the next tier map.
Last edited by Un4seenMaji on Dec 26, 2017 6:00:32 AM
I completely disagree, and I will try to briefly explain why (typing on a tablet).

In my opinion the map system is an attempt at creating something new in a genre that previously was considered complete with the existance of diablo 2, people thought that diablo 2 had everything and poe came out with its amazing balance between too many and not enough mechanics to fondle with in creation of working builds, for a long time it has been revolutiinary with every expansion as new uniques that were unique were introduced enabling strong or weak builds its for the players to test and experience, keword being experience. The game gave options for players and maps were one of these options, maps werent as refined back in the day, content was miles more scarcer than now, the game had a base and things to experience with the chracter crafting was expanded. But everything was in kinda ruined with the appearance of calculating services like google sheets where each skill was calculated how much damage it does etc, eventually to the introduction of pathofbuilding where you can min max every build with relevant numbers that made other builds obsolete creating this "meta chasing" bunch of players who can only play whats meta and nothing else, diversity in builds faded and so did in maps. And the map crafting is also a huge currency sink, people have to have something to sink their currencies in.

In the end my post makes no sence to this thread, shortly shortly current map state is in my opinion much better than a cooldown based system.

And no maps are not balanced round trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info