Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Bab4Yaga wrote:
To Telzen,

if you've been reading these threads for the last 4 years, why dont u have anything of substance to contribute to them? After 4 years you should have something decent to add, but that's not the case. Makes you think how much are you really comprehending. Why dont you do us a favor and make your characters public so we can see what builds you got going on. I'm wondering what amazing setups you have after 4 years of playing this game, or are we going to be disappointing?
What do my characters have to do with anything? And what do you want me to say that already hasn't been said by hundreds of others over the last few years? Every league people who are having bad luck with maps make threads talking about it. And when people who are also having bad luck see it, they take it as evidence that something must of changed. Anyone who has been here for years knows that maps have gotten infinitely easier to sustain than they were in the past. The fact that people get through the story and complete their damn atlas in two weeks already shows how easy it has become.
Last edited by Telzen on Dec 26, 2017, 9:46:34 AM
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.
"
Eldubs wrote:
I am with telzen on this one, its just stupid how people complain about maps, if you dislike the way the game treats you, either spend money for bulk t15 or whatever you like to run, or quit, the sensless complaining is pathetic.

How do people be able to let the dev knows, if you don't complain?

Does it occured to you that people complained cuz they hope part of the game they have issue with improved or addressed, so they can enjoyed their game more?
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Eldubs wrote:

Does it occured to you that people complained cuz they hope part of the game they have issue with improved or addressed, so they can enjoyed their game more?

Have you ever tried sending suppprt tickets? Posting on suggestion forum? Posting solutions? Relevant thoughout posts instead of complains.
"
Eldubs wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Eldubs wrote:

Have you ever tried sending suppprt tickets? Posting on suggestion forum? Posting solutions? Relevant thoughout posts instead of complains.

Thats more productive answer than your original post which called for

1) Quit game
2) Call people stupid

Also many people have good suggestion in this thread, if you bother to read. Even from yourself 'buy maps'.

Good constructive critisizm and proper advancing suggestions merit good behaviour towards them, but people who just say "Last league i hd good maps now i dont pls fix" should get scolded and talked bad upon. If you dont have the proper brain capacity to explain a problem and possible solutions you dont deserve to be taken seriously, not talking to you specifically. I have read every single post here, and there are good things there for players of different calibers, my tastes are not universal and no ones should be, but I cant be bothered posting super long explining posts on my tablet when a simple "you are wrong because this" in a bad manner is more than enough andnwhat is deserved. And yes I consider my self higher that a lot of other people due to my ego.
The problem is the design of it to begin with, it was not a good idea to even have maps as a content to begin with, the only reason they did it was to make people buy more stash tabs. No other game would use such a pointless system that prevents half the content in game from even being accessed by half the players. It should never have become a economy to play a map 'some maps costs exalts for example', it should been something that unlocks as you play each map which should been already available from the device if wanted to do it that way to begin with. If people say well then people can run maps non stop then just add kool-downs like instances in other games of similar concepts. But the fact that progression in content is behind a marketing system of trade is a bad design; one based on drop rates and map pricing.

To explain what I mean ill give a example, at tier1 unlocks all tier1 maps, before tier2 maps are available tier1 maps must be defeated, once they are defeated they can be limited to a number of times aloud to be repeated a day to prevent people from exploiting certain maps.

As tiers unlock more maps and options of content become available but it is all part of the map device system itself and is based upon your own capability and progress to unlock them, the special maps as in unique can be limited option to prevent abuse, such a system solves this issue removes the need of wasting of stash tabs and should have been in place to begin with; the only reason I see that it wasn't is they wanted to waste inventory space to encourage buying tabs like many other things do. It clear that could been the case since now their is a map tab people must pay alot for.

They wont want to use this idea now because of the money making of tabs, and hence only solution to the issue is to increase drops rates that a map will drop the next tier map.
Last edited by Un4seenMaji on Dec 26, 2017, 6:00:32 AM
I completely disagree, and I will try to briefly explain why (typing on a tablet).

In my opinion the map system is an attempt at creating something new in a genre that previously was considered complete with the existance of diablo 2, people thought that diablo 2 had everything and poe came out with its amazing balance between too many and not enough mechanics to fondle with in creation of working builds, for a long time it has been revolutiinary with every expansion as new uniques that were unique were introduced enabling strong or weak builds its for the players to test and experience, keword being experience. The game gave options for players and maps were one of these options, maps werent as refined back in the day, content was miles more scarcer than now, the game had a base and things to experience with the chracter crafting was expanded. But everything was in kinda ruined with the appearance of calculating services like google sheets where each skill was calculated how much damage it does etc, eventually to the introduction of pathofbuilding where you can min max every build with relevant numbers that made other builds obsolete creating this "meta chasing" bunch of players who can only play whats meta and nothing else, diversity in builds faded and so did in maps. And the map crafting is also a huge currency sink, people have to have something to sink their currencies in.

In the end my post makes no sence to this thread, shortly shortly current map state is in my opinion much better than a cooldown based system.

And no maps are not balanced round trading.
Hey Exiles. I just wanted to share a quick strategy I use for sustaining maps. Some may not like this, but this what I do and it works for me.

My general opinion is that IIQ on maps has a marginal effect on maps dropping. I believe that every map has a generated seed when opened that determines how many maps will drop (or an underlying coefficient that affects map drops only).

Most of this is supported by my own experience, some will agree. If you're cool with this general idea read on.

So let's say you've gone a while without any maps dropping. Let's say you do 2 maps with zero maps dropping, or maybe just 1 map dropping out of 2 completed. What you do, is simply do a higher tier map at this point.

Granted, this isn't a surefire way to sustain, because there are times when you time the drop incorrectly, but for the most part I've been able to run lower tier maps, get a dry spell and then switch to higher tiers and find myself with about 2-4 higher tier maps.

That's it. You can chisel maps or alch them, but for the most part it doesn't have much of an effect. Path of Maps has some good stats on IIQ affecting map drops. While there appears to be an IIQ influence on map drop rate, based on currency expended to chisel, or vaal, the return for maps alone is insignificant.

Again, this is only my opinion. It works for me and it works well. It's how I build a big map pool early on league. I rarely buy maps, unless I've gone through a big dry spell. That's usually the only time I will buy a high tier map. Often times I do time it right.

Do with this information what you will.
"
kto9 wrote:
Hey Exiles. I just wanted to share a quick strategy I use for sustaining maps. Some may not like this, but this what I do and it works for me.

My general opinion is that IIQ on maps has a marginal effect on maps dropping. I believe that every map has a generated seed when opened that determines how many maps will drop (or an underlying coefficient that affects map drops only).

Most of this is supported by my own experience, some will agree. If you're cool with this general idea read on.

So let's say you've gone a while without any maps dropping. Let's say you do 2 maps with zero maps dropping, or maybe just 1 map dropping out of 2 completed. What you do, is simply do a higher tier map at this point.

Granted, this isn't a surefire way to sustain, because there are times when you time the drop incorrectly, but for the most part I've been able to run lower tier maps, get a dry spell and then switch to higher tiers and find myself with about 2-4 higher tier maps.

That's it. You can chisel maps or alch them, but for the most part it doesn't have much of an effect. Path of Maps has some good stats on IIQ affecting map drops. While there appears to be an IIQ influence on map drop rate, based on currency expended to chisel, or vaal, the return for maps alone is insignificant.

Again, this is only my opinion. It works for me and it works well. It's how I build a big map pool early on league. I rarely buy maps, unless I've gone through a big dry spell. That's usually the only time I will buy a high tier map. Often times I do time it right.

Do with this information what you will.

Well, I have more map drop doing magic map than rare or corrupted one. Probably just me. doing 10 rare map drop only 3 maps compared to doing 4 magic and get more than 6+ maps. Probably just me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info