Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

Smart man arknath with great advice, small addition here, you can also use the zana mod for extra nagic monsters, it is 3 chaos and provides 25% extra magic monsters on top of 20% quantity, but do remember that magic monsters have increased chance to drop maps, its a huge factor in using this zana mod.
"
Eldubs wrote:
do remember that magic monsters have increased chance to drop maps, its a huge factor in using this zana mod.

Source? I thought it was just "maps dropped from magic monsters can be +1s". You get an increased chance of getting a map by having more mobs -> more chances for meep drop, but that's different than an innate increased chance of a map drop.
you ran ~10 maps and wonder why theyres no return? are you serious dude? come back with results of 100 runs and MAYBE you can start to talk... also IIQ on GEAR does not effect map drops only IIQ on MAPS. your sample size is extremely extremely small get real
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
i completely understand the philosophy behind map drop rate. The game NEEDS a currency sink, and when you reach high tier maps, you NEED to spend currency on them to get good returns. They try to force you to take advantage of the tools available to progress, even trade. It's all good in theory, but when you've run you twentieth map, rolled with 100+ IIQ and several sextants - without returns, you start to wonder about the point of it all.

I say increase the drop rate of maps slightly for bosses, and make maps dropped from bosses at least "on level" with the current map. Not progressing to the next tier is one thing, being forced down a tier is completely different. This would also give a bigger incentive to run bosses. Would this make it too easy? Easier than to trade for all of your maps?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm on the other side of that... boss drops are already too liberal. +2 maps are nine times the vendor value of the map you're running. If you gave that a even a 10% chance, you would have all maps have positive expectation. Boss drops are fine. They let you progress.

What I'm finding most annoying is that there aren't enough lower level maps available to "play" at this war. You can't manipulate it if you don't have the maps you need. People can grey them out with their filters or eliminate them entirely if they don't like them showing up. But other people need them.
Still havent made it to t10 yet. Pretty much had to buy all my maps up until t9. Had a few here and there but always the same map drops. getting really annoying. PLayed 4 days and 5 hours so far....and still no lich either.
"
Daknarian wrote:
More DATA

3 Shaped Vault Maps
7 Sextant
20% Qual
90% IIQ
30% Pack Size
Fortune Favors the Bold Zana Mod
Shaper/Elder Flip flop influence

T15 - NONE
T14 - NONE
T13 - Terrace
T12 - Defiled Cathedral, Racecourse
T11 - NONE
T10 - NONE
T9 - Estuary, Sepulchre
T8 - Geode x3, Courtyard, Armoury, Mud Geyser
T7 - Residence, Bazaar, Lava Chamber x2, Underground River

Once again, I have No other T14 maps except for Shaped Vault, I have no T15 maps at all. The system is either Heavily nerfed or my client is broken. Im starting to think its me.

Oh.. and no Divination cards either (ie: Hoarder/Abandoned Wealth).

I had fun last league Farming Vault and Shaped Spider Forest. All the way up till the end of league. Its been 2 weeks into Abyss and If I cant sustain Maps like the Streamers do.. whats the point?

just a thought, last league u were trying to sustain t11 and t12, this league ur trying to sustain t14 and t15 and youre trying to do it in a couple of fairly linear maps that have probably fallen victim to the xp per hour rebalance of monster density. Im not saying thats 100% the difference this time, but Im guessing those are significant factors in it.

I find it hard to judge with this league because last league I basically chained T2 beaches for the most part and never went beyond T7, its been a good while since I bothered pushing the high high maps in leagues. I didnt even use the orb things last league

still have a bunch in standard I never used in the league. I havent played much of this league, been mostly back on standard. I will say that in the league Ive not played a great deal of it but at lvl89 or whatever Im sitting at over there Ive unlocked a single T11 map which ran without return and Im back down to the two T10 maps Ive unlocked, with most of my maps being kind of T5ish. Ive hardly unlocked anything, maybe 60 map completion, theres a lot of t2, 3, 4 maps I still havent unlocked, never mind stuff higher than that.

Im in 2 minds about it because I think that red maps are kind of designed for lvl90+ players, and Im starting to hit red maps around lvl89 and maybe thats decent balance in terms of the game pacing you so we dont get these players on the forums "my build cant do t10 maps whats wrong?" and then you look and theyre lvl78 with gear that would make most self found players laugh. However with the way its going I feel like Ill be about lvl93 before I can even sustain red maps.

The collecting all the T2 maps before running them and progressing that way, thats what I should have done, but I already didnt do that and now it feels a bit fucked tbh. On standard where I started with something like 125 map completion... hard to say, it still feels a little worse than it was, not entirely sure if thats a big deal or not, but Im maybe just about breaking even. Maybe.
"
IQof3 wrote:
Still havent made it to t10 yet. Pretty much had to buy all my maps up until t9. Had a few here and there but always the same map drops. getting really annoying. PLayed 4 days and 5 hours so far....and still no lich either.

Another one with no tangible contribution, you do know for new maps you need to do the previous one in the chain?
"
Eldubs wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:

Another one with no tangible contribution, you do know for new maps you need to do the previous one in the chain?

Thanks for the non tangible contribution as well....yes I know that. Still dont have any t10.
Might be RNG, but after about 10-15 maps since starting atlas yesterday, I'm back to T1 and 2 maps. I mean, it shouldn't be this hard to progress to T5 or above, right? Players should be able to leave T1-4 with minimal play, that's my take. A bit of sustain needed for T5-10, and maybe T13 onwards you need to put in effort for trade.

And what's this +2 map drops from bosses? So far only 1 boss dropped 1 map for me, the rest nada. Which means it's not enough, whatever the measure is.
Last edited by Hayrich on Dec 25, 2017, 2:14:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info