Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
IQof3 wrote:
"
Eldubs wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:
Still havent made it to t10 yet. Pretty much had to buy all my maps up until t9. Had a few here and there but always the same map drops. getting really annoying. PLayed 4 days and 5 hours so far....and still no lich either.

Another one with no tangible contribution, you do know for new maps you need to do the previous one in the chain?

Thanks for the non tangible contribution as well....yes I know that. Still dont have any t10.

I suck dicks as a free time attraction. The previous sentence has the same level on involvment.

And yes, my reply to you had very tangible non personal info in the form of a game mechanic related to this thread.
Last edited by Eldubs on Dec 25, 2017, 2:20:57 AM
Bah, bosses should at least get a chance equal to the completion bonus of the Atlas post 100%, as to not drop a lower level map that the tier your currently playing, as nothing, but nothing is more disheartening than dropping a tier 4 map out of a tier 10 boss.

And at least by running maps and killing their bosses, you should feel either your progression or either at least the maintenance of the "status quo". To experience a backtrack on the Atlas is asinine, as you have all the other monsters from the map with a chance to drop maps of various levels...

Not to mention that due to the new "current" maps, everyone on Standard has the benefit of playing the previous version maps to bypass said mechanics and increase the map pool for the attempts at shaping and influencing the war. Unfortunately, league players have drawn the short straw, especially with the removal of the orbs that gave a lot of help bypassing those limitations...

I still find it sad that GGG can't make up their mind and either make accessing end game skillplay based entirely, or make it mandatory to trade for sustain. For all players the same ruleset, not these excuses regarding "shaping is better" or "completion is moar rewarding" and then go with asinine RNG to mess up everything...

And trading to access all the game content, instead of specific end game orientated one, is a lacklustre approach to say the least, especially when they came up with a "new carrot" in the form of the War for the Atlas...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 25, 2017, 5:05:51 AM
People just want to run maps. if it dosen't drop they quit league.
For me thsi 3.1 is one of the worst change in poe, red map dosen't drop, new maps sucks, shaper orb change sucks, elder boss sucks, abyss league is just boring and all thing is nerfed. This is easily one of the worst patch in poe hystory, i quit the league 1 week ago hoping for 3.2. no regret.
the only good thing of this league it's that last only 3 months and not 4.
Seems that this league is dead after 3 weeks. Something wents wrong.
It's not my opinion but all my guild mate opinion
For my the map drop is ok, not to easy, not to hard, i DONT want to reach stable T10+ on two day, i want to working for it, i WANT to go up and down based on drop, i want to go up and down based on atlas shaper/elder, i want to farm cards, propechy, breach shard, etc, i DONT want to ragelevelling by running a single type of map over and over just for levelling, for my the actual drop is almost perfect.

LV 85 SSF HC Abyss.

GGG did something.

I do not believe that RNG can effect SO MANY people at the same time.
Come on!
Look at the map price and it will be clear as a day - people do not have maps and as I result they try to buy them -> rediculos prices.

I have been trying to go past T10 for 3 days, and I cant.

PS
In harbringer I had a lot of T10-13 map even without orbs.
Last edited by Apachy on Dec 25, 2017, 9:09:17 AM
I think ggg ninja nerfed the map drops of higher lvl maps cause of the extra atlas bonus. Im having a hard time sustaining T12/13, t14+ are extremely rare. My atlas is 138/157 unlocked btw.
"
maclarca wrote:
Seems that this league is dead after 3 weeks. Something wents wrong.

Ehm... it's not even 3 weeks. It's hardly 2.5 weeks. I'm just getting started...

But, yes, map drops suck. Especially when playing ssf, like me. Seems I have to settle for white and yellow maps this league.
"
Apachy wrote:
GGG did something.

I do not believe that RNG can effect SO MANY people at the same time.
Come on!
Look at the map price and it will be clear as a day - people do not have maps and as I result they try to buy them -> rediculos prices.

I have been trying to go past T10 for 3 days, and I cant.

PS
In harbringer I had a lot of T10-13 map even without orbs.
Yeah well then why do we find these same threads every league for the last 4 years?
My 2 cents, fully complete atlas. I've had it complete less than a week into the league I want to say.

Map drops rates have been nerfed.

You start to see maps drop more often when you invest into 4+ sextants, bloodline, 20 quality, obviously rare.

You also get 1 maps of equal level or higher for every 4-5 lower map drops.

To maclarca,

horrible league. I'm on the verge of uninstalling myself. These bull holes you follow that map you backtrack half the map only to drop you junk? Into the abyss in hopes to find a boss that drops more junk.

Elder spreading that makes no sense, I got this clown 3x in a row on tier 11+ maps, i cleared all the surrounding maps, he pushed towards yellow, I cleared a few of those. Bam elder and his clowns spawn at the lower tier maps. I stand there wasting time going through the motions of the fights, only for it to happen again and again. Said to myself, screw it, let them keep this garbage for themselves. Not spreading anymore elders. I want a good fight from elder, not some rng garbage that lets you stand there afk while it goes through the scenes.

Shaper stopping your fight for 10 seconds for no reason, to say the same thing he's said the last 50x.

Tier 15 boss fights that last 1 seconds, and have 40 seconds of nonsense. I've just begun to skip all the boss fights that have some sort of retarded mechanism which prevents you from ending the fight when it should. Sunken city as an example, I get the spider lady down to 0 hp, whole bar is gone, she then vanishes down, comes up, vanishes down again, spawns on the other side only to die again. Sadly the fight is the fastest one of them all, the brine king one is horrible, fight starts, he's down, she sings, etc.. for no reason are these fights being dragged out that long, this isn't an end game boss fight. Kitava fight is just awful, goes low, has a seizure, grabs innocents/sin, more seizures. just endless garbage, I want to kill stuff and be challenged, i dont need some lady singing to a crab for no reason when he's getting his shell cracked. That crab is going into my pan and is being served with butter, dont delay it.

To Telzen,

if you've been reading these threads for the last 4 years, why dont u have anything of substance to contribute to them? After 4 years you should have something decent to add, but that's not the case. Makes you think how much are you really comprehending. Why dont you do us a favor and make your characters public so we can see what builds you got going on. I'm wondering what amazing setups you have after 4 years of playing this game, or are we going to be disappointing?
Last edited by Bab4Yaga on Dec 25, 2017, 9:40:37 PM
I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to a Streamer .. cause Streamer RNG is a thing and is not a myth. I tuned into Alkaizer's stream, and just watched him get 8 Shaped Vault Maps from 3 Shaped Vault Runs.....

He has his Map Tab Shaped Vault slot almost completely full.

With 93/157 Atlas Completion and doesn't use any Zana Mods, runs 6 sextants.

I don't understand how the hell he is in such a surplus when I cant get a map drop to save my life?

I just want to be able to sustain for a little bit.. thats all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info