Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
When content to a game is locked behind a economy/trade system it is bad design and inspired by elitist minds. What occurs is the greed/prideful in the game who are lacking proper morals and step over others get rich, people with morals don't because they want to be fair, a lot them giving things away not bother to set heart on things at all. So remain poor, this means the wealthy can buy the maps run them get more wealth and repeat, the poor struggle to get a map to run, hence content is behind a gate designed for the wealthy and elite.


nothing is locked behind trading
some people reach level 100 in SSF
some people kill guardians and shaper in SSF
some people complete their 36/40 (or even more) league challenges in SSF

trading makes things easier, faster, and more convenient. that is all.
"
Completed 35 ChallengesEldubs wrote:
As rare as chaos and vaal? You do know vaals are rarer than chaos and chaos are common as fuck.


As rare as chaos OR vaal [at most].
...and stay dead!
"
Completed 13 ChallengesRTC_ wrote:
"
When content to a game is locked behind a economy/trade system it is bad design and inspired by elitist minds. What occurs is the greed/prideful in the game who are lacking proper morals and step over others get rich, people with morals don't because they want to be fair, a lot them giving things away not bother to set heart on things at all. So remain poor, this means the wealthy can buy the maps run them get more wealth and repeat, the poor struggle to get a map to run, hence content is behind a gate designed for the wealthy and elite.


nothing is locked behind trading
some people reach level 100 in SSF
some people kill guardians and shaper in SSF
some people complete their 36/40 (or even more) league challenges in SSF

trading makes things easier, faster, and more convenient. that is all.


Some people can run 100m in less than 10 sec. Ignore that like 200
Out of 6 billion

Some people can finish a marathon in less than 2hour 30 min. Ignore it’s less than 0.01 percent of runners

Some people can be president currently. Ignore the some is ONE person.

‘Some’ is meaningless without context of how much is that some.

If we want to present an agreement, we need to consider the realistic and proportional and along these line like that payers that reach that target.



"
KiadawP wrote:
If we want to present an agreement, we need to consider the realistic and proportional and along these line like that payers that reach that target.



You just have to forget about that point of view. You can't get anywhere with that point of view in a community created around a so-called "hard core" game where time investment is viewed as a "skill".

Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao
the point is that none of the content in this game is 'locked behind trading' as the guy i quoted originally claimed, proven by the simple observation that people are in fact successfully clearing all content the game has to offer without engaging in trading at all.

trading merely adds some degree of convenience and cuts down the time you need to invest to reach whatever goal you have set for your character. that is all.
I kinda regret playing SSF HC. It seems I just can't get to red tier maps. Legacy league and Harbinger I had no problem with maps. Its very obvious that they nerfed the droprate.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Last edited by Rusherboy on Jan 10, 2018 7:20:24 AM
"
Completed 13 ChallengesRTC_ wrote:
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao


Meme argument? The question is simple: Do YOU think the amount of time needed to progress through the map tiers without trading is at a good place right now? Do you think the amount of time needed to do this is fair? Do YOU even KNOW how much time the SSF players are using to clear the atlas, or are you just argumenting; "they can do it - ergo; everyone can" without an inch of insight into your own argument? Are YOU playing SSF? Have you ever played SSF?
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
"
Completed 22 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
"
Completed 13 ChallengesRTC_ wrote:
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao


Meme argument? The question is simple: Do YOU think the amount of time needed to progress through the map tiers without trading is at a good place right now? Do you think the amount of time needed to do this is fair? Do YOU even KNOW how much time the SSF players are using to clear the atlas, or are you just argumenting; "they can do it - ergo; everyone can" without an inch of insight into your own argument? Are YOU playing SSF? Have you ever played SSF?


Why would anyone care about that? This is a game revolving around trade, it's not that strange that full atlas completion is part of that. Nobody really cares about hipster 'I don't trade' people. If you wanna handicap yourself, don't whine about the consequences later. I completed 80% of the atlas up to t14 by myself this league, the ones I was missing I traded in my guild for, and I bought a few maps to finish it off. Seems to me it's working exactly like intended.
"
Completed 32 ChallengesMiská wrote:
Why would anyone care about that? This is a game revolving around trade, it's not that strange that full atlas completion is part of that. Nobody really cares about hipster 'I don't trade' people. If you wanna handicap yourself, don't whine about the consequences later. I completed 80% of the atlas up to t14 by myself this league, the ones I was missing I traded in my guild for, and I bought a few maps to finish it off. Seems to me it's working exactly like intended.


You have a very weird definition of "nobody".

The whole point of an ARPG for many ("nobody?") players, is to progress. The feeling of progressing through the content/difficulty. And it's not about "SSF" or not, it's about playing the damn game. I'm not against trading; far from it. This game needs trade, and is - as you say - revolved around it. And it's not even about putting a handicap on yourself. It's about "why". Why make the easiest, most OP mechanic (trade) a requirement for actual content? A monkey can buy all its maps. And a monkey could STILL buy all its maps even if they made the time investment needed to do it yourself a little... Shorter? Like Breach, Legacy or Harbinger league. Do you feel these leagues were BAD, just because the time investment needed to progress through maps was a little bit shorter? Did it hurt the game?

When you have NO problem in taking the easy way out, trading for all your maps, why do you care so much about how much time investment you need to do this without trade? It's not like it would EVER be close to the time investment needed to buy "all" your maps.

The balance was fine in Breach. Legacy. Harbinger. But a lot ("nobody?") clearly feels that the balance has made a change for the worse this league. If it's a direct change to drop rates, or just an indirect change because of the amount of maps added I really don't care about.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
"
Completed 32 ChallengesMiská wrote:
"
Completed 22 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
"
Completed 13 ChallengesRTC_ wrote:
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao


Meme argument? The question is simple: Do YOU think the amount of time needed to progress through the map tiers without trading is at a good place right now? Do you think the amount of time needed to do this is fair? Do YOU even KNOW how much time the SSF players are using to clear the atlas, or are you just argumenting; "they can do it - ergo; everyone can" without an inch of insight into your own argument? Are YOU playing SSF? Have you ever played SSF?


Why would anyone care about that? This is a game revolving around trade, it's not that strange that full atlas completion is part of that. Nobody really cares about hipster 'I don't trade' people. If you wanna handicap yourself, don't whine about the consequences later. I completed 80% of the atlas up to t14 by myself this league, the ones I was missing I traded in my guild for, and I bought a few maps to finish it off. Seems to me it's working exactly like intended.


yeah, and you also spent some serious ammount of time playing this league, as you cant just casually get 36 challenges... and you still had to buy or trade for 20% of your atlas...

but not everyone gets to play 5-6 hours a day for a month, IMO if the game is getting more and more balanced only around hardcore people, its not going to grow.

Also the fact, that you state the game is balanced around trading, but we dont really have a good ingame interface for trading and have to use websites, trading has to be done manually and depending on stuff, can take a while, its no suprise some people just dont want to bother, if they have 2 hours of free time for PoE each evening, but have to spend 40 minutes of that time sitting in hideout, trying to trade and cant really try to sell much themselves, because, for the same reason, cant really actually play the game, if they have to sit in their hideout or return from valuable map portals, when they are getting messages...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info