Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

I kinda regret playing SSF HC. It seems I just can't get to red tier maps. Legacy league and Harbinger I had no problem with maps. Its very obvious that they nerfed the droprate.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Last edited by Rusherboy on Jan 10, 2018, 7:20:24 AM
"
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao

Meme argument? The question is simple: Do YOU think the amount of time needed to progress through the map tiers without trading is at a good place right now? Do you think the amount of time needed to do this is fair? Do YOU even KNOW how much time the SSF players are using to clear the atlas, or are you just argumenting; "they can do it - ergo; everyone can" without an inch of insight into your own argument? Are YOU playing SSF? Have you ever played SSF?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

Meme argument? The question is simple: Do YOU think the amount of time needed to progress through the map tiers without trading is at a good place right now? Do you think the amount of time needed to do this is fair? Do YOU even KNOW how much time the SSF players are using to clear the atlas, or are you just argumenting; "they can do it - ergo; everyone can" without an inch of insight into your own argument? Are YOU playing SSF? Have you ever played SSF?

Why would anyone care about that? This is a game revolving around trade, it's not that strange that full atlas completion is part of that. Nobody really cares about hipster 'I don't trade' people. If you wanna handicap yourself, don't whine about the consequences later. I completed 80% of the atlas up to t14 by myself this league, the ones I was missing I traded in my guild for, and I bought a few maps to finish it off. Seems to me it's working exactly like intended.
"
Miská wrote:
Why would anyone care about that? This is a game revolving around trade, it's not that strange that full atlas completion is part of that. Nobody really cares about hipster 'I don't trade' people. If you wanna handicap yourself, don't whine about the consequences later. I completed 80% of the atlas up to t14 by myself this league, the ones I was missing I traded in my guild for, and I bought a few maps to finish it off. Seems to me it's working exactly like intended.

You have a very weird definition of "nobody".

The whole point of an ARPG for many ("nobody?") players, is to progress. The feeling of progressing through the content/difficulty. And it's not about "SSF" or not, it's about playing the damn game. I'm not against trading; far from it. This game needs trade, and is - as you say - revolved around it. And it's not even about putting a handicap on yourself. It's about "why". Why make the easiest, most OP mechanic (trade) a requirement for actual content? A monkey can buy all its maps. And a monkey could STILL buy all its maps even if they made the time investment needed to do it yourself a little... Shorter? Like Breach, Legacy or Harbinger league. Do you feel these leagues were BAD, just because the time investment needed to progress through maps was a little bit shorter? Did it hurt the game?

When you have NO problem in taking the easy way out, trading for all your maps, why do you care so much about how much time investment you need to do this without trade? It's not like it would EVER be close to the time investment needed to buy "all" your maps.

The balance was fine in Breach. Legacy. Harbinger. But a lot ("nobody?") clearly feels that the balance has made a change for the worse this league. If it's a direct change to drop rates, or just an indirect change because of the amount of maps added I really don't care about.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Miská wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

yeah, and you also spent some serious ammount of time playing this league, as you cant just casually get 36 challenges... and you still had to buy or trade for 20% of your atlas...

but not everyone gets to play 5-6 hours a day for a month, IMO if the game is getting more and more balanced only around hardcore people, its not going to grow.

Also the fact, that you state the game is balanced around trading, but we dont really have a good ingame interface for trading and have to use websites, trading has to be done manually and depending on stuff, can take a while, its no suprise some people just dont want to bother, if they have 2 hours of free time for PoE each evening, but have to spend 40 minutes of that time sitting in hideout, trying to trade and cant really try to sell much themselves, because, for the same reason, cant really actually play the game, if they have to sit in their hideout or return from valuable map portals, when they are getting messages...

"
Phrazz wrote:

You have a very weird definition of "nobody".

The whole point of an ARPG for many ("nobody?") players, is to progress. The feeling of progressing through the content/difficulty. And it's not about "SSF" or not, it's about playing the damn game. I'm not against trading; far from it. This game needs trade, and is - as you say - revolved around it. And it's not even about putting a handicap on yourself. It's about "why". Why make the easiest, most OP mechanic (trade) a requirement for actual content? A monkey can buy all its maps. And a monkey could STILL buy all its maps even if they made the time investment needed to do it yourself a little... Shorter? Like Breach, Legacy or Harbinger league. Do you feel these leagues were BAD, just because the time investment needed to progress through maps was a little bit shorter? Did it hurt the game?

When you have NO problem in taking the easy way out, trading for all your maps, why do you care so much about how much time investment you need to do this without trade? It's not like it would EVER be close to the time investment needed to buy "all" your maps.

The balance was fine in Breach. Legacy. Harbinger. But a lot ("nobody?") clearly feels that the balance has made a change for the worse this league. If it's a direct change to drop rates, or just an indirect change because of the amount of maps added I really don't care about.

What I was trying to say is that this game does not center on non trade people. If you want to handicap yourself then you are free to do so, but don't complain about it afterwards.

I traded for some maps because I chose that it wasn't worth my time chasing the few low level maps I was missing. It was doable, just not what I wanted to do. So I traded for them >>>> working as intended.

And yes btw, I do think Breach and especially harbringer maps were meaningless. It felt like they were just pointless pixels. Not how I want to map, I rather the drops be meaninful, although I agree to some extend it doesn't have to be so annoying to get the last few maps. Once you get 9/10 of a tier done, the last one is to hard to get a hold off. But again, this is what they want. You to communicate and interact with others.

"
Sarevokcz wrote:

yeah, and you also spent some serious ammount of time playing this league, as you cant just casually get 36 challenges... and you still had to buy or trade for 20% of your atlas...

but not everyone gets to play 5-6 hours a day for a month, IMO if the game is getting more and more balanced only around hardcore people, its not going to grow.

Also the fact, that you state the game is balanced around trading, but we dont really have a good ingame interface for trading and have to use websites, trading has to be done manually and depending on stuff, can take a while, its no suprise some people just dont want to bother, if they have 2 hours of free time for PoE each evening, but have to spend 40 minutes of that time sitting in hideout, trying to trade and cant really try to sell much themselves, because, for the same reason, cant really actually play the game, if they have to sit in their hideout or return from valuable map portals, when they are getting messages...

Why does it matter how much time someone has? The leagues last for 3 months. Not everything has to be achievable in 1 week. And GGG already explained that trading is easier then they even ever wanted. Again sounds to me like intended. The hyperbole arguments aren't really helping either.

Last edited by Miská on Jan 10, 2018, 9:10:06 AM
"
Miská wrote:

And yes btw, I do think Breach and especially harbringer maps were meaningless. It felt like they were just pointless pixels. Not how I want to map, I rather the drops be meaninful, although I agree to some extend it doesn't have to be so annoying to get the last few maps. Once you get 9/10 of a tier done, the last one is to hard to get a hold off. But again, this is what they want. You to communicate and interact with others.

And that is where our differences lies: You view maps as any other drops. And you're right to do so, because that's how they're designed. But I'm a gamer, and have never played a game in my life (apart from PoE) where actual content is gated behind RNG, solely to artificially prolong the game. Yes, it has always been this way in PoE. But that doesn't make it the "perfect way".

You CHOOSE to bypass the RNG, because you find it annoying - or you do not want to put in the hours required. Yet, you defend the drop rate/progression. I could've grinded for a VERY long time, if there was only some way of KNOWING that you will reach a certain point in the Atlas. But you do not know. You CAN play for months without that one, two, three or four maps dropping.

I'm not fighting RNG here. I'm not fighting trading. I'm advocating to "work" towards something. To feel the progression along the way. To have a known, achievable goal. And yes, I separate actual area content from gear. My head does it based on all other games I've played in my life. If YOU or your CHARACTER is good enough, why hinder me? Just to make me spend more time? Gear can be as scarce and random as humanly possible in my mind. I can easily play for 2047824 months without finding a BiS item. But to not be able to get my hands on content my character is MORE than ready to handle - without trading - is... VERY counterproductive in my mind. To be forced to roflstomp "lower" tier maps for days is... Sad.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 10, 2018, 9:55:56 AM
That's what makes it a game. It's random, but you can choose to influence the nature of that randomness. You have choices. Complaining about the results of your choice is human nature. You want to blame it on something else. Natural. Keep it up.

Or... do the rational thing and accept the environment that you're in and adapt to it. Either modify your goals to suit the drop rate, or modify the drop rate with the tools given to you to suit your goals.

Most will simply keep on complaining.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

And that is where our differences lies: You view maps as any other drops. And you're right to do so, because that's how they're designed. But I'm a gamer, and have never played a game in my life (apart from PoE) where actual content is gated behind RNG, solely to artificially prolong the game. Yes, it has always been this way in PoE. But that doesn't make it the "perfect way".

You CHOOSE to bypass the RNG, because you find it annoying - or you do not want to put in the hours required. Yet, you defend the drop rate/progression. I could've grinded for a VERY long time, if there was only some way of KNOWING that you will reach a certain point in the Atlas. But you do not know. You CAN play for months without that one, two, three or four maps dropping.

I'm not fighting RNG here. I'm not fighting trading. I'm advocating to "work" towards something. To feel the progression along the way. To have a known, achievable goal. And yes, I separate actual area content from gear. My head does it based on all other games I've played in my life. If YOU or your CHARACTER is good enough, why hinder me? Just to make me spend more time? Gear can be as scarce and random as humanly possible in my mind. I can easily play for 2047824 months without finding a BiS item. But to not be able to get my hands on content my character is MORE than ready to handle - without trading - is... VERY counterproductive in my mind. To be forced to roflstomp "lower" tier maps for days is... Sad.

But it isn't gated by RNG. It would be gated by RNG if that was the only way to progress. And it's not. It's irrelevant how you vieuw trading, it's still an option.

And what do you mean by 'months' to unlock? That's completely relative. People unlock the atlas fully in leagues on SSF. I mean if you choose to fully complete an atlas selffound then you gotta expect it will take time and effort and alot of hours. I don't understand what's wrong with that? Especially because completing the atlas does nothing for you. You will barely notice any difference between 130 or 157.

I don't want to get into the map debate. I reached red maps myself easily this league within a few days, and I have sold 1k+ t13+ maps this league already. It's laughable how easy map sustain is these days, if you are willing to invest into it. That's completely something else then specific atlas completion though.
"
Miská wrote:

But it isn't gated by RNG. It would be gated by RNG if that was the only way to progress. And it's not. It's irrelevant how you vieuw trading, it's still an option.

By your logic, loots are not gated under RNG as well, since you can trade for them!

I never seen whiteknighting as crazy as the ones in this forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info