Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

But it isn't gated by RNG. It would be gated by RNG if that was the only way to progress. And it's not. It's irrelevant how you vieuw trading, it's still an option.

By your logic, loots are not gated under RNG as well, since you can trade for them!

I never seen whiteknighting as crazy as the ones in this forum.

That's not even close to the same thing. If you don't even understand what I said don't bother responding. Keep up your doomsday talk without learning a thing. People like you always exist in this world. Never will get anywhere.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

But it isn't gated by RNG. It would be gated by RNG if that was the only way to progress. And it's not. It's irrelevant how you vieuw trading, it's still an option.

By your logic, loots are not gated under RNG as well, since you can trade for them!

He is most likely fear if GGG take this thead serious and increase map drop rate nobody will buy maps from him
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Jan 10, 2018, 4:33:40 PM
Every map change was made to promote the overpriced map stash tab.
"
SerenaDrake wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

He is most likely fear if GGG take this thead serious and increase map drop rate nobody will buy maps from him

That's weird. How do I get maps to sell? I thought map drops sucked? Why do I have 1k red maps in abyss I wonder?
While I am not a fan of the new quantity values of map mods (and associated higher dependence on chis/zana mods/frags) what really shits me is the overbearing impact of sextant blocking and the lack of non trade access to sextants (vendor recipe, for example).
Last edited by ladish on Jan 10, 2018, 6:16:16 PM
This is by far the worst map drop league in a very long time for me
Something is not right, and this opinion has been said by many of my fellow guildmates.
Maps drop but of a much lower map tier.
Getting a return or even a +1 (let alone a +2) is extremely rare for me and my friends.
157 / 157 atlas; purchased most of my red tier and run most maps solo or with 1 or 2 friends. Just a little vent/rant.

I've not tracked my experience as diligently but it very much feels like map drop rates have been reduced to the point of toil. I am grinding out 100 elder guardians and must purchase 2-3 of the red tier maps each time they spawn, because running an entire quadrant (~15?) of red tier maps will generally net me 5-7 red tier maps (almost all 11s) in return, which are not guaranteed to be in the same quadrant.

I just completed 4x Forge of the Phoenix, 2x Maze of the Minotaur, 1x Lair of the Hydra this morning and netted 1 Excavation, 1 Geode, and 1 Precinct. 7 complete tier 16 maps with 20% quality, ~25% pack size and the Bloodlines map mod (+20% quantity) -- 3 maps in return. I did have 10x Encroaching Darkness cards drop, though, so I got more unique maps from a completed card sets than red tier maps in 7 t16 maps. That's frustrating.
I see a lot of people in this thread jumping to GGG's "defense" (as if they've done something wrong) and rabidly proclaiming that there's nothing off about map drops.

3.1 completely reorganized the Atlas, added, what, 32 maps? and radically altered the way packsize mods are calculated (and while IIQ doesn't affect map drops, obviously packsize will).

...how can there NOT be something different about map drops?

The leap I won't make is to say whether the change is good or bad. But I think there's no denying that something is different this league. It can't not be.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Why do I have 1k red maps in abyss I wonder?

Probably because you play this game for an ungodly amount of hours every single day.

[Removed by Support]

The only hole in your argument, which I agree with by the way, is that GGG have designed their game to be no-lifed, so Miska's argument that map drops are Working As Intended(TM) is technically correct, but irrelevant to those of us with lives.
Let me correct one possible fallacy: Pack size will surely affect map drops.

There's plenty of evidence that some drops are decided when the instance is created, like Charan's sword or map drops in a Zana Mission to find the map.

We don't know the extent to which map drops are "planned".

Note that I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that "surely" has never proved anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info