Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

Yeah Horizon Orbs (not Harbingers though, no +1) would really help with the new atlas and all the related mechanics. GGG should consider bringing them back, and make them as rare as Chaos/Vaal imho...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
As rare as chaos and vaal? You do know vaals are rarer than chaos and chaos are common as fuck.
Since my last post (a few days ago) I STILL have NOT seen any map drops higher than a t9, Second character in. One level 89 and one lvl 91 and I am STILL not in t10 maps. I ALCH EVERYTHING add fragments, chisel, roll increased pack size, beyond monsters.....and ZERO returns. I'll get 5-7 map drops in t3-7 but NOTHING above that. Maybe if I'm lucky I will get ONE t9. Getting EXTREMELY annoying! I do NOT want 100 t3-7 maps thats complete BS. Even if I upgrade all my maps I will only get t3-7 drops.
chisel, fragments, re-roll or Zana mod are just useless on yellow maps...
I've made my road to t15 without all of that until t13

just wait to have all the maps for the tier above, buy those you don't have, and then run all of them...simple as that
if you put that amount of currency in yellow maps, obviously you can't afford the "+1 tier" ones

another thing, elder/shaper influence is realy great for map drop, I can assure you that a well rolled red influenced map will give you awesome return

map drop have been nerfed since harbinger, it's a fact, but in a way it seem to me more satisfying going to the shaper with a bit more strategy

"
IQof3 wrote:
Since my last post (a few days ago) I STILL have NOT seen any map drops higher than a t9, Second character in. One level 89 and one lvl 91 and I am STILL not in t10 maps. I ALCH EVERYTHING add fragments, chisel, roll increased pack size, beyond monsters.....and ZERO returns. I'll get 5-7 map drops in t3-7 but NOTHING above that. Maybe if I'm lucky I will get ONE t9. Getting EXTREMELY annoying! I do NOT want 100 t3-7 maps thats complete BS. Even if I upgrade all my maps I will only get t3-7 drops.

that is bad luck. Are you SSF? When you get a streak u will need to buy some higher tier maps. Also atlas clear % DO matter
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:
When content to a game is locked behind a economy/trade system it is bad design and inspired by elitist minds. What occurs is the greed/prideful in the game who are lacking proper morals and step over others get rich, people with morals don't because they want to be fair, a lot them giving things away not bother to set heart on things at all. So remain poor, this means the wealthy can buy the maps run them get more wealth and repeat, the poor struggle to get a map to run, hence content is behind a gate designed for the wealthy and elite.

nothing is locked behind trading
some people reach level 100 in SSF
some people kill guardians and shaper in SSF
some people complete their 36/40 (or even more) league challenges in SSF

trading makes things easier, faster, and more convenient. that is all.
"
Eldubs wrote:
As rare as chaos and vaal? You do know vaals are rarer than chaos and chaos are common as fuck.

As rare as chaos OR vaal [at most].
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:
When content to a game is locked behind a economy/trade system it is bad design and inspired by elitist minds. What occurs is the greed/prideful in the game who are lacking proper morals and step over others get rich, people with morals don't because they want to be fair, a lot them giving things away not bother to set heart on things at all. So remain poor, this means the wealthy can buy the maps run them get more wealth and repeat, the poor struggle to get a map to run, hence content is behind a gate designed for the wealthy and elite.

nothing is locked behind trading
some people reach level 100 in SSF
some people kill guardians and shaper in SSF
some people complete their 36/40 (or even more) league challenges in SSF

trading makes things easier, faster, and more convenient. that is all.

Some people can run 100m in less than 10 sec. Ignore that like 200
Out of 6 billion

Some people can finish a marathon in less than 2hour 30 min. Ignore it’s less than 0.01 percent of runners

Some people can be president currently. Ignore the some is ONE person.

‘Some’ is meaningless without context of how much is that some.

If we want to present an agreement, we need to consider the realistic and proportional and along these line like that payers that reach that target.

"
KiadawP wrote:
If we want to present an agreement, we need to consider the realistic and proportional and along these line like that payers that reach that target.

You just have to forget about that point of view. You can't get anywhere with that point of view in a community created around a so-called "hard core" game where time investment is viewed as a "skill".

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
what kind of meme argument is that supposed to be lmao
the point is that none of the content in this game is 'locked behind trading' as the guy i quoted originally claimed, proven by the simple observation that people are in fact successfully clearing all content the game has to offer without engaging in trading at all.

trading merely adds some degree of convenience and cuts down the time you need to invest to reach whatever goal you have set for your character. that is all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info