Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Completed 8 Challengesasdfen wrote:
guess I am not the only one who has the "no map" issues. I am upset by doing a map in under 5 min then spending 5 minutes trading for the next one because the map I just did with all the mods I had to put up with like temp chains just dropped 0 maps again. that or looking for the last 10 mobs and all the chests in hope that at least a single one would actually drop.
its so bad that I actually do not have any white maps to spend on chisel recipe...

love the league mechanics and changes compared to 3.0 but cant really enjoy myself due to the map shortage.

The exaggeration is real lol.
"

Yeah, that kind of hyperbole is not going to help :/ White maps are plentiful as F, and Yellow maps are diffinately sustainable. It's not until red maps that you hit a brick wall of nothing dropping.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Jan 6, 2018 10:05:07 PM
"
"

Yeah, that kind of hyperbole is not going to help :/ White maps are plentiful as F, and Yellow maps are diffinately sustainable. It's not until red maps that you hit a brick wall of nothing dropping.

This. very much this. To be clear, getting to red maps is easy. Sustaining them after that is another matter. I am pretty burnt out of this league/path, and it's absolutely 100% because of map drop rates.
"
All this seems like a joke!
it is absurd that to progress in the art you are OBLIGED to buy the preche maps in the t10 fall t2 and t5!
a player from my guild has paid more than 200 chaos for red maps! ABSURD and shameful!
I do not start to buy maps to please the GGG rather abandonment POE!

I agree, I think? I understand like half of it, the rest is garbled nonsense. Google Translate fail?

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 7, 2018 2:59:48 AM
Recently some guy told me to go f... wait wrong text. Some guy told me that bonus from the atlas doesn't work.
In other words, if white mob was supposed to drop t6, he won't drop t7, even with 157 atlas bonus
Guess why
WHITE MOBS CANT DROP UPGRADES
on this very day I felt cheated
Why do I even complete all those fucking maps
In the past I did a "corridor" of the most fun maps, from 1 to 10
Oasis, Arid lake, Acid lakes, Dunes, Strand, Forgotname, Shore, Forgot name, Forgot name. Like one map of each tier

The mapping from 68 to 85 was the most fucking fun experience under the sun
I even hidden the "bad" maps from the filter
Ofc later I have done every map 1-10 because duh- shaped strand

But YAY I don't have to - the bonus is useless for half the maps that drop! If not more

guys, dont unlock those red maps. SCREW THEM . buy shaper orbs on shaped maps, shape your atlas , ignore elder
You can buy everything yourself running those shaped maps, because other guys are considering quitting with those great drop rates and also they drop shit with those bad maps
Even bakedchicken wants to shoot himself in the foot, because he unlocked whole atlas
LUL

I'd never suspect I'd say this, but 3.0 was better in every way than 3.1 when it comes to mapping
[Removed by Support]
nice to see people bashing the experience I am having with my atlas.
I am not kidding I have 0 white maps too few to keep up with chisel recipes that I need to chisel higher tier maps.
I also had to buy most of the map on my atlas thats 100+ of them
I just dont run the same exact map with all the sextants and influences
I seta goal for myself to uncover the atlas and maps are just not dropping at all.
Its very common for me to do a 6-8 mod red map and have 0 maps drop.
The amount of currency and more importantly time I am spending buying the maps is detrimental to the fun this game has to offer.
"
nice to see people bashing the experience I am having with my atlas.
I am not kidding I have 0 white maps too few to keep up with chisel recipes that I need to chisel higher tier maps.
I also had to buy most of the map on my atlas thats 100+ of them
I just dont run the same exact map with all the sextants and influences
I seta goal for myself to uncover the atlas and maps are just not dropping at all.
Its very common for me to do a 6-8 mod red map and have 0 maps drop.
The amount of currency and more importantly time I am spending buying the maps is detrimental to the fun this game has to offer.

come on, what is the issue : map drop or your lack of experience ?

it take some time to stabilise a yellow pool when you just started running yellow maps, and it take some more for red maps (a few set back are usuals).

bad RNG can happen, i had some (almost 50 maps with about 10 same tier drops), but there is just as mutch good RNG in the long run (got 7 red maps on a single red map) and a map pool decently managed (chiesels on T13+, fragments on T14+, bloodlines if you are not running breaches) just keep inflating once you have enought maps to cover bad RNG streaks. i'm not even talking about sextants and stuff, those are not needed to grow a map pool. hell, any decent player won't even pick up yellow maps a few weeks after the league start.

run maps efficiently (AKA no chiesels recipe), don't even bother with chiesels until you reach high tiers, maps WILL drop in the long turn, just don't stop after a long bad RNG streak.

good luck !

"
n

Why are you chiseling white maps, and why do you think we are complaining about white maps, which aren't hard to sustain?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 7, 2018 2:39:22 PM
So I all ready said I for one agree with OP there is no problem until you hit the red maps, specific around t12-t13, then its allmost impossible with to keep a decent map pool with out going trough some hoops at least.

How ever for me having to roll specific mods, corrupting and using zana to even sustain a map pool for your own use is a cruel joke at the players expense and time. That is what you should be doing if you wanna make a profit off of it by extra getting maps for selling or upgrading via vendor recipe.

I get that it was to easy in harbinger there was no map market at all since we drowned in useable maps how ever having to jump to loops just to keep having maps above t13 is just not fun for me and that is why I voiced my opinion here.

I for one just want to chill get to end game slay some bosses and min max my toons NOT MY DARN ATLAS.

If you enjoy the game as is, I respect that, I just dont enjoy it atm so please respect that to ;)
Last edited by donlup on Jan 7, 2018 8:23:15 PM
Just leveled my second character to level 90. Still cant break into T10 maps. This is BS. They just wont drop. And yes I kill the bosses too. Got a ton of t3-t7.......Gave up on upgrading them because when I do I get 0 returns.
thats why i didnt bought the map tab useless thing if you dont get maps lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info