Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

nice to see people bashing the experience I am having with my atlas.
I am not kidding I have 0 white maps too few to keep up with chisel recipes that I need to chisel higher tier maps.
I also had to buy most of the map on my atlas thats 100+ of them
I just dont run the same exact map with all the sextants and influences
I seta goal for myself to uncover the atlas and maps are just not dropping at all.
Its very common for me to do a 6-8 mod red map and have 0 maps drop.
The amount of currency and more importantly time I am spending buying the maps is detrimental to the fun this game has to offer.
"
asdfen wrote:
nice to see people bashing the experience I am having with my atlas.
I am not kidding I have 0 white maps too few to keep up with chisel recipes that I need to chisel higher tier maps.
I also had to buy most of the map on my atlas thats 100+ of them
I just dont run the same exact map with all the sextants and influences
I seta goal for myself to uncover the atlas and maps are just not dropping at all.
Its very common for me to do a 6-8 mod red map and have 0 maps drop.
The amount of currency and more importantly time I am spending buying the maps is detrimental to the fun this game has to offer.

come on, what is the issue : map drop or your lack of experience ?

it take some time to stabilise a yellow pool when you just started running yellow maps, and it take some more for red maps (a few set back are usuals).

bad RNG can happen, i had some (almost 50 maps with about 10 same tier drops), but there is just as mutch good RNG in the long run (got 7 red maps on a single red map) and a map pool decently managed (chiesels on T13+, fragments on T14+, bloodlines if you are not running breaches) just keep inflating once you have enought maps to cover bad RNG streaks. i'm not even talking about sextants and stuff, those are not needed to grow a map pool. hell, any decent player won't even pick up yellow maps a few weeks after the league start.

run maps efficiently (AKA no chiesels recipe), don't even bother with chiesels until you reach high tiers, maps WILL drop in the long turn, just don't stop after a long bad RNG streak.

good luck !

"
asdfen wrote:
n

Why are you chiseling white maps, and why do you think we are complaining about white maps, which aren't hard to sustain?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 7, 2018, 2:39:22 PM
So I all ready said I for one agree with OP there is no problem until you hit the red maps, specific around t12-t13, then its allmost impossible with to keep a decent map pool with out going trough some hoops at least.

How ever for me having to roll specific mods, corrupting and using zana to even sustain a map pool for your own use is a cruel joke at the players expense and time. That is what you should be doing if you wanna make a profit off of it by extra getting maps for selling or upgrading via vendor recipe.

I get that it was to easy in harbinger there was no map market at all since we drowned in useable maps how ever having to jump to loops just to keep having maps above t13 is just not fun for me and that is why I voiced my opinion here.

I for one just want to chill get to end game slay some bosses and min max my toons NOT MY DARN ATLAS.

If you enjoy the game as is, I respect that, I just dont enjoy it atm so please respect that to ;)
Last edited by donlup on Jan 7, 2018, 8:23:15 PM
Just leveled my second character to level 90. Still cant break into T10 maps. This is BS. They just wont drop. And yes I kill the bosses too. Got a ton of t3-t7.......Gave up on upgrading them because when I do I get 0 returns.
thats why i didnt bought the map tab useless thing if you dont get maps lol.
A few people in my guild quit the league due to this. Personally I have been too busy with work and real life to try to focus on mapping to much.

However they really should implement something to make players able to break out of bad rng streaks. It´s worse not getting maps than not getting good items. Not getting maps means you feel like you aren´t doing ¤"#% in game, just going backwards.
"
IQof3 wrote:
Just leveled my second character to level 90. Still cant break into T10 maps. This is BS. They just wont drop. And yes I kill the bosses too. Got a ton of t3-t7.......Gave up on upgrading them because when I do I get 0 returns.

No offense but your issue is a different one. You're doing something wrong. Sustaining whites AND yellow maps is easy. Red is the tier that's hard to sustain, and the drop rate that is in question.
When content to a game is locked behind a economy/trade system it is bad design and inspired by elitist minds. What occurs is the greed/prideful in the game who are lacking proper morals and step over others get rich, people with morals don't because they want to be fair, a lot them giving things away not bother to set heart on things at all. So remain poor, this means the wealthy can buy the maps run them get more wealth and repeat, the poor struggle to get a map to run, hence content is behind a gate designed for the wealthy and elite.
To all the people complaining that there is something with the map drop rates I wanted you to take a moment to think about something in correlation to the fact that you mentioned you also need to buy maps to sustain.

If there really is a problem with drops ask yourself how are you able to buy maps. Wouldn't the person selling you maps have the same issue? How do they afford to sell you maps if they cannot sustain like you do?

My point being, in case you miss it, that it's about RNG. Sometimes you get bad steaks and sometimes incredibly lucky streaks:

- I was stuck for 3 days in Yellow map tiers this league.

- I bought a few maps to progress to red tiers and got the ball rolling.

- I got my Atlas to 157/157. This helps a lot no matter what people state that it does not. Some guy stated that white mobs don't drop high maps. He does not understand how the atlas bonus works: Two tiers higher doe snot mean compared to the tier you are running BUT compared to the usual map that mob would drop. Most white mobs would drop low maps and very rarely a high tier so with the bonus if you get a +1 tiered map from them be happy.

- I had my best ever map in terms of maps sustain RNG (ever): T16 Maze of the Minotaur = 5 other T16's, around 7 red tier maps PLUS a keepers of the trove pack with 16 Bog maps.

To the people complaining: this is by far the best state of this game in terms of map sustain. You DO NOT want to be back in the day we used these as maps:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info