Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Im stuck doing T10 at clvl 85. Ok back to standard.

I'm in the exact same boat. Gave up on map drops. Just started another toon since the only maps that WILL drop are t3-t7. I am NOT going to run nothing but t7's when I'm level 90. Might as well use them with another toon. Maps higher than the tier I'm running NEVER drop and I am NOT paying for anymore maps because when I do, only t3-t7 drop. They added WAY to many maps mid tier. This is ridiculous. Still stuck at T10 as well, Even after leveling 2 toons.
I'm not 'Stuck' at T11 in the terms of atlast progression, since I went ahead and dumped over 100c on buying most of my atlas. But the thing is, despite all the red maps I bought and ran as 20% rare and vaaled, often getting 8 mods (My 8 mod challenge is completed for every tier 11 to 15 but nothing below that lol) - I got like, maybe half as many maps back as I bought and run - and the average tier of those were diffinately lower then the average tier of all the maps I've bought. I then bought a few more red maps just to see if I could sustain... and Despite having a farily high atlas bonus (143/157), I got almost no returns.

Not only is red mapping not sustainable, but it's pants-on-head retarded to keep trying, because from what I paid for my red maps... I'll never get that much in value back out of running any future red maps I get to drop. They simply sell for more on poetrade then any reasonable expected returns I could get from them.

I think they have just balanced endgame maping around people who shape their atlas and sextant block. I hate that sh**, and just refuse to do it, which I guess to GGG means I should'nt be doing the upper tiers of atlas now. And that just sucks.
Ya, this shit makes me want to quit. Like really, why am I even playing.

Is this the reaction you want Chris?
Same problem 92 running T10s - IMO they tuned these map drops to people to sextant block and then more pack size 6+ sextant on a chosen map and guys maintain then. It's completely unfair to people who just want to progress and complete an atlas 100% and not fuck with engineering let alone running 3000 Atolls or Vaults in a row.
Git R Dun!
The interesting Question is:

If there are no map droping for anyone how comes so many people, including myself (and i never use any sextants), are able to sell them to you?

And im really impressed this Thread made it so far!
Well, I'm starting to run out of ideas here. My atlas is at 156/157 atm, and since I'm mostly done gearing, I can now afford to invest more money into maps, so I chisel every T14+ map to 20% quality, apply at least 1 sextant, reroll until I get at least 70-80% quantity, and usually throw a random Zana mod on top of it. And guess what - high-tier map drops are still shit :( I consider myself lucky if I can get 1-2 T14+ drops out of 3-4 T14+ maps I run. At this point, I'm really not sure what else to do. Maybe some of those players who've been talking down to everyone else here and telling them to "learn to play" would care to share the actual strategies they're using to maintain high-tier reds?

"
Nogonoma wrote:

If there are no map droping for anyone how comes so many people, including myself (and i never use any sextants), are able to sell them to you?

Are you running, pardon my French, rotas? If so, that would explain a lot of things, because rotas let you run 6 maps for the price of 1.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jan 6, 2018, 3:34:58 AM
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Well, I'm starting to run out of ideas here. My atlas is at 156/157 atm, and since I'm mostly done gearing, I can now afford to invest more money into maps, so I chisel every T14+ map to 20% quality, apply at least 1 sextant, reroll until I get at least 70-80% quantity, and usually throw a random Zana mod on top of it. And guess what - high-tier map drops are still shit :( I consider myself lucky if I can get 1-2 T14+ drops out of 3-4 T14+ maps I run. At this point, I'm really not sure what else to do. Maybe some of those players who've been talking down to everyone else here and telling them to "learn to play" would care to share the actual strategies they're using to maintain high-tier reds?

"
Nogonoma wrote:

Are you running, pardon my French, rotas? If so, that would explain a lot of things, because rotas let you run 6 maps for the price of 1.

No, i prefer playing alone. Chisel, alc, sometimes a vaal and always a zana mod.
What obviously no one is really willing to understand is the fact that we are not meant to sustain t14 and above so easy. You always have to drop one Tier. But i never have to go below t12 (like many people stating Here).
There DEFINATELY is something wrong with this patch... In harbinger i had t12 vault and t13 gorge as only t12-13 and i managed to sustain them without issues with 55 goddamn atlas completion... I decided to play standard now and i have 115 atlas completion here. Vault as only t14 and Lava lake as only t15. I farmed like 50 t13-t16 maps and i got only ONE shaped vault drop. Also only one lava lake.
Last edited by jekoff on Jan 6, 2018, 6:24:26 AM
You can't compare this league to harbinger, especially if you trade. Night and day. There's a good reason why most of Harbinger didn't make it into the core game.

I can't imagine much of Abyss will either.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can't compare this league to harbinger, especially if you trade. Night and day. There's a good reason why most of Harbinger didn't make it into the core game.

I can't imagine much of Abyss will either.

I dont really think there were good reasons to not put some things from harbinger into the main game, harbingers? sure, upgrading maps to higher tier and beachhead dropping tons of high level maps (as well as being great for XP) needed to go, but horizons were fine, they basically just removed the tedium of trading or selling/buying same tier maps, engineer and some other orbs were fine too, they just werent "popular." As if Blessed Orbs or smth are popular or what...

Also, all we hear is "you cant compare this league to Harb/Legacy/Breach" etc, but Abyss DOES provide alot of extra mobs and extra zones on maps and we have access to breaches in addtion to that, Abyss should easily be comparable with Breach, the fact that it isnt really close should tell you something

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info