Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

None of what I said was directed at you.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I agree, I use 6 sextants (with full sextant blocking), 20% quality, though not using Zana modifiers, and yet I'm not able to nearly sustain Vaults. It's actually ridicoulus right now, I had no issues in previous leagues to sustain a shaped map I wanted to focus on, but now it's actually barely even possible and you will eventually run out. Either I'm doing something very specifically wrong that streamers are not, or the map drop rates are actually nerfed.

Idk, feels pointless to try and become more and more efficient when you are literally copying what streamers do and yet get nowhere near their drop rates.
Every league there's a post like this one where someone just has a bad run of RNG and then they think there's a problem with the game.

The game, and most aRPGS for that matter, revolve around the concept of RNG.

Shit happens. Sometimes your drops will suck balls, for extended periods.

The proof of this here is that you go on to say you're basically copying what streamers do, and they're doing fine, but you're not. That means the only distinction is RNG, and probably your Atlas bonus.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
less map drops > people trade more maps > more people buy map stash tab > GGG makes more money

You are welcome.
"
Dettlaf wrote:
less map drops > people trade more maps > more people buy map stash tab > GGG makes more money

You are welcome.

surely more map drops = more need for map stash to store more maps. That makes sense, im not sure what you just posted makes sense tbh.
"
Serleth wrote:
Every league there's a post like this one where someone just has a bad run of RNG and then they think there's a problem with the game.

The game, and most aRPGS for that matter, revolve around the concept of RNG.

Shit happens. Sometimes your drops will suck balls, for extended periods.

The proof of this here is that you go on to say you're basically copying what streamers do, and they're doing fine, but you're not. That means the only distinction is RNG, and probably your Atlas bonus.

Yeah but sometimes RNG is just plain stupid. IF you run a "didn't want that xp anyway" kind of map and get single trash tier map its just slap in the face. Risk vs reward

Making changes in map tiers is step in good direction. Next one should be re-evealuating how mods are weighted.
Last edited by Asheren on Jan 1, 2018, 6:03:04 PM
I wonder how many of the people complaining about a lack of map drops actually naturally progressed their atlas and where running tier 9/10's at lvl 91+

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Asheren wrote:
Next one should be re-evealuating how mods are weighted.

They did.

"
Map mods have also been rebalanced, and every mod now provides increased item rarity, increased item quantity, and increased monster pack size, though the magnitudes are dependent on the difficulty of the mod.

From the 3.1 patch notes.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Asheren wrote:
Next one should be re-evealuating how mods are weighted.

They did.

"
Map mods have also been rebalanced, and every mod now provides increased item rarity, increased item quantity, and increased monster pack size, though the magnitudes are dependent on the difficulty of the mod.

From the 3.1 patch notes.

Well then they need to do it again because this is happening offen enough to be noticeable. They do make steps in the right direction. Now we have incentive to run maps to direct shaper/elder influence.

If they can't balance maps not make it happen too prevent this kind of dry streaks it might be time to think about some other ways. Perhaps guaranteed map drop within certain range from boss if mods weigh exceed certain value.
Last edited by Asheren on Jan 2, 2018, 1:01:45 AM
"
Asheren wrote:
Well then they need to do it again because this is happening offen enough to be noticeable.

Wanna know what else is noticeable?

That the majority of people are quiet about this. That's because they understand RNG and they're going to have good streaks and bad streaks.

The only people bitching about this are a) new players who don't get it yet b) entitled children who expect every t15 map to drop an entire set of t16s so they can immediately farm Shaper.

I'm going to repost this, because it's the closest I can get to explaining this with crayons, and maybe then you'll get it:

"
...basically copying what streamers do, and they're doing fine, but you're not.... that means the only distinction is RNG, and probably your Atlas bonus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info