Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
Serleth wrote:
"
Asheren wrote:
Well then they need to do it again because this is happening offen enough to be noticeable.

Wanna know what else is noticeable?

That the majority of people are quiet about this. That's because they understand RNG and they're going to have good streaks and bad streaks.

The only people bitching about this are a) new players who don't get it yet b) entitled children who expect every t15 map to drop an entire set of t16s so they can immediately farm Shaper.

I'm going to repost this, because it's the closest I can get to explaining this with crayons, and maybe then you'll get it:

"
...basically copying what streamers do, and they're doing fine, but you're not.... that means the only distinction is RNG, and probably your Atlas bonus.

Listen up dude i know how RNG work and i also know that geting s..t like single t5 map from chiseled dual extra dmg corrupt t12 on regular basis means someone does not did his job properly.

This seem to be particulary noticeable in T11-T12. T13 and higer usualy drop ok is you are willing to risk it.

Second issue is that when comparing atlases with friends and map prices on Poe trade there are several maps that seem to be harder to unlock than other. Given that we have 150+ maps with multiple ones that connect to 3 higer tiers its perhaps time to consider a non RNG dependant secondary mechanic.

And i do get enough maps within what are my expectations but it does not change the fact that RNG is way to RNG at times.

ps. the atlas bonus does make difference
Last edited by Asheren on Jan 2, 2018, 1:41:15 AM
I find the map drop rate finally is very well balanced. It should be a little hard to sustain T14+ maps. Using chisels/vaal/sextants/prophecies/shaper% bonus , I managed to slowly accumulate T14+ maps.
Never had as much problem completing the Atlas in any league as I have this league. Yes, it is RNG, but there's nothing more boring than deep "RNG valleys", especially when we're talking about actual content. I ran 23 Vault maps without ONE single Geode or Orchard drop. THAT is as unfun as it gets, and give NO sense or feeling of progression.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 2, 2018, 3:37:15 AM
I dont know, Im at 95 and it feels like unless I buy the maps, I will never see them drop, I regularly run 100+ quantity 30% packsize with bloodlines on top and just yesterday, even while running some maps with a friend, I wasnt even close to break even on maps, let alone the currency I invested in it, Im at 140 or so bonus but that doesnt help when maps just. dont. drop. just for the funsies, while i was fishing for sextant mods for the challenge, I run 3 shaped strands with fortune and rolled lucky with breaches twice, I got ONE t10 map out of three runs.

I might have chalk up the luck with map drops to pure rng two weeks ago, but its getting old now, I havent got a t16 fragment in like 10 days now, despite running as many t14s/15s as my drops allowed, I regularly have to go back to t9s/10s just to restock t11s/12s for when the elder spawns in the area.

The saving grace so far for me are some really expensive drops so I can actually buy the damn maps on top of pretty much anything for my build
If maps are not dropping, how are others selling their spare ones? :thinking:
I have an Alien pet.
"
kelongngu wrote:
If maps are not dropping, how are others selling their spare ones? :thinking:

A lot of those are just peoples trying to lower prices by listing below value. I have few buddies who do that then buy from poor idiots who list at their price.

Imho mineral pools/geode area seem to be one of those zones with issues. I have seen only 1 mineral pools drop since unlocking it.
Last edited by Asheren on Jan 2, 2018, 5:59:33 AM
using pretty much the same setup as the OP
windripper, bisco amulet, 2x 10% iiq ventors
i can't even sustain red maps and i'm at 121/157
i have 5 T10 maps right now and nothing higher, i've completed my last like 15 red maps without a single red map dropping...
lot's of currency dropping tho

right now i'm considering quitting the league

harb league was fun because you could "craft" your own maps / reroll shit maps into ones you like but right now it's all about fucking rng and it sucks
well, i skipped(mapping) on Harbringer and Breach leagues and played STD... Abyss RNG seems normal, i pretty much sustain T10's and thats because i only alch+go.

on STD i see reds but there i have fully chiseled maps and every now and then i even sextant and Zana mod my meeps.

And even in 2018, people still thinks that player IIQ affects mapdrops :facepalm:
d:-D*
Yeah I agree. After 3.1 I am not able to sustain red maps anymore. It was always a struggle but now drop rate is definitely way lower. Very frustrating.
Confirm Shaped Vault Drop Nerf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info