Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

One thing peopel seems to forget, the people who post here are the 'hardcore ones'. From a research several years ago, its estimate only about 10% of players base post in game forum, I have friends that play PoE that don't make a single post.

If people here are having problem with maps, you can bet a vast majaority of palyers have problems too.

GGG already said most players do not make it past 90, even far less beat shaper. For reason, GGG seems more interested to design the game around the 1-5% of the hardcore base then the majority. Less than 0,1% of people reached level 100, but for reasons, they decided to make reaching level 100 harder.

GGG done a decent job, adding Horizon & Harbringer orbs, & for reason, decided to drop them & add even more maps, making getting higher maps harder.

Horizon orbs should be introduced beack into the game. Make them something in between a chaos and a Regal rarity.

Anyway, I messed up my SSF progression in Abyss and now I'm stuck with several holes in the Atlas. For SSF progression this rule should be strictly observed: do not complete any of the next tier maps, until you have collected all of them. Which means you have to progress from all four corners simultaneously.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
KiadawP wrote:
One thing peopel seems to forget, the people who post here are the 'hardcore ones'.

I suppose.

The dude that I quoted, who seems to be on his own high horse about being "hardcore" while blindly dumping money into Chris's wallet has worse gear and perceived game knowledge than my friend that started playing casually 2 leagues ago. I don't consider people like that anywhere close to hardcore, just [Removed by Support].
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Dec 30, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
One thing peopel seems to forget, the people who post here are the 'hardcore ones'.

I suppose.

The dude that I quoted, who seems to be on his own high horse about being "hardcore" while blindly dumping money into Chris's wallet has worse gear and perceived game knowledge than my friend that started playing casually 2 leagues ago. I don't consider people like that anywhere close to hardcore, just [Removed by Support].

I was with you until you bring BS political slander into the discussion, on a discussion that has nothing to do with politics.
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Dec 30, 2017, 11:48:17 AM
Here we are again filling up my atlas this morning. I'm spending more time PM'ing people are trying to buy the maps then actually running them.

Snooze.
Pretty happy with the map drops myself, i have not been stuck yet.
As someone else earlier mentioned i do agree that the atlas should not be completed on a single char but rather on several chars. You can still get to the shaper on the first char without getting every single map completed.
"
morbo wrote:
Horizon orbs should be introduced beack into the game. Make them something in between a chaos and a Regal rarity.

Anyway, I messed up my SSF progression in Abyss and now I'm stuck with several holes in the Atlas. For SSF progression this rule should be strictly observed: do not complete any of the next tier maps, until you have collected all of them. Which means you have to progress from all four corners simultaneously.

Good rule... but a better one is to complete all "drop only" maps of a tier before completing any of the ones with vendor recipes. An updated wiki would have been really useful.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 30, 2017, 9:49:12 AM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Pretty happy with the map drops myself, i have not been stuck yet.
As someone else earlier mentioned i do agree that the atlas should not be completed on a single char but rather on several chars. You can still get to the shaper on the first char without getting every single map completed.

Hasn't completed uber lab and runs white maps. Must comment on map drops while running tier 1 maps. Memer alert.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
kto9 wrote:
"
Artaniz wrote:
Maps are fine , some of us also love the design of maps. So many casuals here that want everything handed to them . I play all parts of PoE . I make multiple chars each league i play , i map ( buy many maps myself ) , i participate in the trade based economy to buy and to sell.

Maps are one of the best things in PoE , the idea of everything being craftable ( or really the idea everything can be rolled like loot not really crafting but semantics) along with the actual choices you get to make in characters and skill gems makes PoE the great game it is. All you casuals that want to water it down into some kind of D3 bullshit should move on and stop trying to kill a great game that has almost always had maps ( few of you played when there was no map just the semi endless dungeon) Mapping is a major part of PoE , trading for maps is a major part of PoE , having to use currency to roll maps is a major part of PoE .

Stop trying to turn this into some sort of casual game that all content is just open to everyone regardless of the effort they put in . Those games exist all over now in fact almost every fucking game has gone that way . Leave PoE alone with your casual wants and go find one of the other thousands of games that cater to people who dont want to earn anything in game.

Dude what is your problem. How the F do you know if someone is a casual. I've done over 2,500 hours into POE and just because I believe that maps are not easy to sustain does NOT make me 'casual'. 12 hours a day in POE.

Why don't you get off the high road, son, and off your high horse cause you're not fit to be on it.

The game is great, but it can be greater. That's the point.

I don't even have a terrible problem with maps. What I don't like is the fact that maps aren't based on item quantity.

P.S. BTW if I am casual, then I am sure kicking your ass in challanges, fff*** noob

I recently encountered this guy, it's funny to go through his posts and then look at his gear and challenge history. So hardcore. Let the child be, it's pretty funny.

Umm what?

Not to compare dicks or anything, but 40 challenges last league in harbinger. Legacy had to quit half way through due to life getting in the way. Started late breach... so?

Wtf does any of that have to do with map drops???? Does that somehow disqualify my opinion?
Last edited by kto9 on Dec 30, 2017, 11:33:41 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:

I suppose.

The dude that I quoted, who seems to be on his own high horse about being "hardcore" while blindly dumping money into Chris's wallet has worse gear and perceived game knowledge than my friend that started playing casually 2 leagues ago. I don't consider people like that anywhere close to hardcore, just looks like an idiot/Republican.

Blindly dumping money into Chris' wallet? I've barely spent any money on the game.

Never said I was hardcore. Can you find me a quote please?

Thanks for the insults btw. All you are is a forum troll and internet griefer.
Last edited by kto9 on Dec 30, 2017, 11:53:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info