Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Harbinger league was an aberration... don't use it as a standard.

How so?

I was just gonna ask.
"
kto9 wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

How so?

I was just gonna ask.

Seriously ??? It had mechanics to make mapping easier , that is not the norm nor will it ever be the norm which is why that part of Harb didnt make it into the main game. Stop using it as an example because its what is called an outlier and thus not representative of the game as a whole or in the norm .
"
Artaniz wrote:
Maps are fine , some of us also love the design of maps. So many casuals here that want everything handed to them . I play all parts of PoE . I make multiple chars each league i play , i map ( buy many maps myself ) , i participate in the trade based economy to buy and to sell.

Maps are one of the best things in PoE , the idea of everything being craftable ( or really the idea everything can be rolled like loot not really crafting but semantics) along with the actual choices you get to make in characters and skill gems makes PoE the great game it is. All you casuals that want to water it down into some kind of D3 bullshit should move on and stop trying to kill a great game that has almost always had maps ( few of you played when there was no map just the semi endless dungeon) Mapping is a major part of PoE , trading for maps is a major part of PoE , having to use currency to roll maps is a major part of PoE .

Stop trying to turn this into some sort of casual game that all content is just open to everyone regardless of the effort they put in . Those games exist all over now in fact almost every fucking game has gone that way . Leave PoE alone with your casual wants and go find one of the other thousands of games that cater to people who dont want to earn anything in game.

Dude what is your problem. How the F do you know if someone is a casual. I've done over 2,500 hours into POE and just because I believe that maps are not easy to sustain does NOT make me 'casual'. 12 hours a day in POE.

Why don't you get off the high road, son, and off your high horse cause you're not fit to be on it.

The game is great, but it can be greater. That's the point.

I don't even have a terrible problem with maps. What I don't like is the fact that maps aren't based on item quantity.

P.S. BTW if I am casual, then I am sure kicking your ass in challanges, fff*** noob
Last edited by kto9 on Dec 29, 2017, 3:00:36 PM
"
Artaniz wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

How so?

Seriously ??? It had mechanics to make mapping easier , that is not the norm nor will it ever be the norm which is why that part of Harb didnt make it into the main game. Stop using it as an example because its what is called an outlier and thus not representative of the game as a whole or in the norm .

Yeah seriously.

There is nothing wrong with comparing to Harbinger. If that person chooses to use it as a metric because he had more fun during that league, he can compare it if he wants!!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Daknarian wrote:

As you can see Setting this up and running this can be very expensive. When you factor in the cost of buying the maps every time, and not getting a single Return. Its just plain stupid.

I watch Streamers get 1 to 3 maps per run.. AlKaizer and Emperyian Gaming. I follow what they say and their Atlas strategy. But this has been my 3.1 experience and this is my outlet to vent. If there is anyone out there who took the time to read this and know what i'm doing wrong. Please let me know.

Dak

TLDR
Maps don't drop for me. Please help...

I believe, you're doing all right. It's not your fault, for me it seems like GGG stealth-nerfed drop rates for red-tier maps.
Just look at map prices. The cheapest T16 map costs ~17 chaos (hydra)! Phoenix costs 24c, and Chimera/Minotaur - 27c for map!
WTF?
Last league T16 maps could be bought for 3-4c each, in previous leagues, their cost was about 8-15 chaos.
ATM, i feel like i'm returning to Open Beta times, where running highest-tier maps was absurdly expensive and unrewarding!

For me, Abyss league is the WORST PoE league since Rampage!!! It's just the same to Harbingers, but those were almost stationary, while for cracks, you must run half of map to clear them. And for what? Liches are just hidden behind insane RNG, why we dont just get fragments for them every time we clear a crack, like in Breach?
GGG, i'm really, REALLY dissapointed with that shitpile (oh, sorry, "abyss") league!

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
kto9 wrote:
"
Artaniz wrote:
Maps are fine , some of us also love the design of maps. So many casuals here that want everything handed to them . I play all parts of PoE . I make multiple chars each league i play , i map ( buy many maps myself ) , i participate in the trade based economy to buy and to sell.

Maps are one of the best things in PoE , the idea of everything being craftable ( or really the idea everything can be rolled like loot not really crafting but semantics) along with the actual choices you get to make in characters and skill gems makes PoE the great game it is. All you casuals that want to water it down into some kind of D3 bullshit should move on and stop trying to kill a great game that has almost always had maps ( few of you played when there was no map just the semi endless dungeon) Mapping is a major part of PoE , trading for maps is a major part of PoE , having to use currency to roll maps is a major part of PoE .

Stop trying to turn this into some sort of casual game that all content is just open to everyone regardless of the effort they put in . Those games exist all over now in fact almost every fucking game has gone that way . Leave PoE alone with your casual wants and go find one of the other thousands of games that cater to people who dont want to earn anything in game.

Dude what is your problem. How the F do you know if someone is a casual. I've done over 2,500 hours into POE and just because I believe that maps are not easy to sustain does NOT make me 'casual'. 12 hours a day in POE.

Why don't you get off the high road, son, and off your high horse cause you're not fit to be on it.

The game is great, but it can be greater. That's the point.

I don't even have a terrible problem with maps. What I don't like is the fact that maps aren't based on item quantity.

P.S. BTW if I am casual, then I am sure kicking your ass in challanges, fff*** noob

I recently encountered this guy, it's funny to go through his posts and then look at his gear and challenge history. So hardcore. Let the child be, it's pretty funny.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Dec 29, 2017, 8:05:09 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Artaniz wrote:

I played Harbinger more than any other league so far due to the fact I could run endgame content pretty much non-stop and have fun. This league it's back to 1ex shaper sets and overpriced guardian maps, basically the same shit as standard but even worse because it's a 3 month temp league.

Say what you want about D3 (I haven't played in years myself) but at least the game catered to your gear and level with grifts, this game just throws a giant wall in front of you once you get to a certain point.

This game doesn't put a giant wall up at all. For you maybe, but it has been proven time after time that it's just lack of 1. motivation and 2. knowledge. Stop being a victim and make this game like Diablo is. Rift farming is the most boring shit they ever invented in a game.
147/157 Here. Tried to unlock everything and left vault as my only t14, as I've done in few previous leagues with different maps. And here comes the problem, after running 50+ t13's I came out with maybe 2 shaped vaults and 30+ of garbo t14. Chances should be near 50/50, but they are clearly not. Hell, getting vaults from t12's as it's the only t14 that can drop seems way easier. Guess its time to lock bunch of maps and go for a fully shaped atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info