Post your reason why you hate doing labs.

Quoting myself from April 19th last year. Things haven't changed since.

"
Ceri wrote:
..every time I've voiced my opinion, a small army of (the same) people turn up and insist I'm doing things wrong, that I'm bad, or whatever. And yet I keep saying, over and over again, that difficulty has never been a problem for me. I don't find the Lab difficult, I don't find it challenging, and I don't enjoy it at all. That's all there is to it.

The main problem is that they gate the ascendancy classes behind it. If it wasn't for that, I'd just stand back and be happy that some players got a new thing they seem to enjoy. Which is great of course, I'm honestly happy for those who enjoy it. To me, however, it really has killed the desire to roll new characters. Leveling and labyrinthing (nice word huh) and the act 4 slog - it just adds up, I don't like it anymore. And making new builds is one of my favourite things in PoE, so obviously this makes me sad.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

*sigh*
Here goes the probably...
Please point out to me, YoursTruly, where I attacked you/ your post in this thread.
As for thread you are linking, I was not attacking you there, either, unless your definition of attack is rather broad and includes not agreeing with you.

Now, is it coincidence? Not at all. I quoted one of your posts and tried (and failed) to make a joke of it. This resulted in, for want of a better word, a discussion. So of course my posts were directed at you and were made roughly at the same time. What else would you expect?

Why did you quote my initial message while omitting the best sentences ; ) ??

Anyway, I would like to say this again because it just feels so good to say it.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Feeling humiliated and switching to different thread to attack the other person in whichever thread he makes in a clean environment, in an attempt to boost your winning chances? LOL
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You attacked my post by implying what I have said was wrong and I perceived it as a direct challenge. Is it not obvious enough for you to understand?

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

you can of course come here and state that you have no reasons (as you did), but you should not be surprised that people might find that irrelevant.

Next thing I wanted to point out is that you did not have the intention to tell a joke in any of your posts, at least in an amicable manner.

Fact is that you created an argument or make a comment involving a specific phrase/word and make a fool out of yourself because first and foremost, you did not understand the meaning of the word/phrase and resulted in you making a joke out of yourself. Seriously, integrity is lacking to admit the truth. There is a great difference between telling a joke and making a joke out of yourself due to ignorance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911005/page/6 >>>>>> page 6 onward

"
k1rage wrote:
Do you two have some kind of history we should know about?

seem like you guys are at war in at least 3 threads lol

Of course.

Just check up all his recent posts dated months ago.....

All his posts were directed right at me in a negative way and each time i made a thread about about a topic he would come in and start an argument.
I don't hate doing the Labyrinth, but...

I just returned to POE after months away and was reminded of my love/hate relationship with the Labyrinth as I tried sending a L90 2.1 character through the Labyrinth to activate ascendancies and check some of the mechanics changes since 2.3 when I last played. In 30-40 minutes I was reminded in the most forceful way, that

1. I love playing in the Labyrinth every now and then for a different challenge from the usual ARPG gameplay.

2. I hate the way POE occasionally disconnects when moving between areas, wasting all the time I have invested up till then in a Labyrinth visit, and forcing me to start over.

Today it was two times in 30 or 40 minutes or so, which is much more frequent than I remember it being, so perhaps I just chose a bad time for playing, but it has been a consideration from the beginning since the POE client-server architecture has never been a model of stability.

Frankly, if they'd just get rid of the "if you die or disconnect we dump the Labyrinth instance" it would make for a much more enjoyable proposition.

It is annoying enough to have POE's architecture occasionally fail you when doing a map, costing you a portal; Having the same type of failure cost you an entire multiple-map Labyrinth visit and requiring a restart is beyond annoying - it is aggravating.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

You attacked my post by implying what I have said was wrong and I perceived it as a direct challenge. Is it not obvious enough for you to understand?

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

you can of course come here and state that you have no reasons (as you did), but you should not be surprised that people might find that irrelevant.

This time it's you having trouble understanding. It's not the first time, either. We've had this in one or more of our other legendary threads. Please go back (Page 4) and read my post again and try to figure out who's "you". Hint: It's not you (i.e. YoursTruly86). It would make absolutely no sense had I meant you, YoursTruly86.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Next thing I wanted to point out is that you did not have the intention to tell a joke in any of your posts, at least in an amicable manner.

No, as I said I did not want to tell a joke, I wanted to make a joke (and failed), quoting your post. That's a huge difference. And while it was not in a perfectly amicable manner but more tongue-in-cheek, it was nowhere near what most people would call an attack.

One more thing:
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jun 17, 2017, 1:03:16 PM
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
Going for one of the two Cyclone enchants to my Devoto's.. I've done around 80-100 lab runs now in the past few weeks (Using Twice enchanted prophecy for all of them). Haven't gotten it yet.

This is why I hate lab. It's like GGG is trolling us. It's actually insulting. I get RNG in a ARPG but seriously. The odds of getting what you want are nearly non existent. That's not cool.

Then there's DCing in the lab, rendering your time 100% wasted. It's a terrible, terrible design.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 17, 2017, 1:32:57 PM
I hate the lab because its mechanics does not belong to the ARPG genre.
The lack of a checkpoint system makes it even worse, as you can lose all your progress due to disconnections/lags/crashes.

And yet, Ascendancy points are mandatory in this game, as monster health would be increased in 3.0 to account for the power creep in Ascendancy.

GGG is simply too arrogant to admit their mistake with the lab and how this has bitterly divided the community.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

This time it's you having trouble understanding. It's not the first time, either. We've had this in one or more of our other legendary threads. Please go back (Page 4) and read my post again and try to figure out who's "you". Hint: It's not you (i.e. YoursTruly86). It would make absolutely no sense had I meant you, YoursTruly86.

LOL at your rubbish and accusations. Just lol at your desperate attempt. You quoted a message which i replied to adghar, but that was a message i made in a sarcastic manner. The actual intention was to say that his replies was irrelevant to the topic. But, you are too quick to jump into conclusion because hate gets the better out of your judgement that you forgot how to think properly. You were so eager to argue with me that you forgot to read the later part of my argument in the post directly below the message that you quoted on page 3 (not page 4 btw so learn how to read properly). I considered his comments irrelevant.

You on the other hand came in and said that it is "ok" to say that you like the lab in a topic which was created to discuss why you hate the lab. Your words implies that I am wrong and that's why i see it as an attack on me.
Thus, it is you who have trouble understanding.

Next I want to point out is that it is not me who have trouble understanding it, rather it is YOU have the trouble understanding it as proven and as seen in this thread below as well as in this thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911005/page/6>>>> page 6 onward..just an example

Some people provides explanation to support his claims whereas some people likes to make empty claims without any real explanation just LOL-ed at you.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

No, as I said I did not want to tell a joke, I wanted to make a joke (and failed), quoting your post. That's a huge difference. And while it was not in a perfectly amicable manner but more tongue-in-cheek, it was nowhere near what most people would call an attack.

One more thing:

Seriously, do I have to screenshot the message that you wrote to prove that you created an argument or make a comment involving a specific phrase/word and make a fool out of yourself because first and foremost, you did not understand the meaning of the word/phrase and resulted in you making a joke out of yourself before you start to admit it?

What I am trying to say is that you did not have the intention to make a joke or tell a joke in the first place by quoting my post and failed. What I am saying is that you made yourself look like a joke by using word/phrase that you are unsure of which resulted in you yourself making irrelevant arguments. Is it too hard to understand and/or admit it?

Please stop trying to rephrase the words to your advantage.There is a great difference between telling a joke/making a joke whatsoever and making a joke out of yourself due to ignorance.

My replies in bold above as well as within your replies.

It's simple, the traps are oversized hitboxes that don't respect how the game controls but are placed haphazardly, including stair ramps that are half set on fire resulting in scenarios where there are no escape unless you can somehow find a magic pixel to stand on. It's an ode to old arcade games with none of the love put into carefully crafting them.

Connection errors make even successful attempts at the labyrinth punishing for the players that do get past it.

Also, Uber Lab is more about hoping Izaro doesn't spawn with game ending buffs which reeks of Diablo 3 release-era design.
"
lorem331 wrote:
I hate the lab because its mechanics does not belong to the ARPG genre.
The lack of a checkpoint system makes it even worse, as you can lose all your progress due to disconnections/lags/crashes.

And yet, Ascendancy points are mandatory in this game, as monster health would be increased in 3.0 to account for the power creep in Ascendancy.

GGG is simply too arrogant to admit their mistake with the lab and how this has bitterly divided the community.

pretty much this...

3 portals and 1 checkpoint before each izaro phase ? at least for the non uber labs.
Last edited by tuttifrutas on Jun 17, 2017, 3:27:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info