I really hate lab

"
ewolow wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:
Lab can take 45 minutes to an hour, and that's if you don't die, look for chests/keys and Argus.

uberlab run takes between 4.5 min and 15 min(2 silver chest, intricate+curious)
git gud

15 minutes to clear uber lab?

Clear, not run though spamming flasks, not going to poelab.

You got a link to your youtube video clearing all mobs from uber lab without poelab in 15 minutes?

it's your prob actually. that's what you have in common with every crybaby out here.
you have your own problems, and want someone to fix them for you
PS i play ci
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 24, 2017, 10:14:34 AM
"
JohnWeps wrote:
Returning player after 2 and a half years, and I can say that the labyrinth traps are pretty annoying. First of all, they don't match the game's fast, gory, non-stop action vibe, but that's a matter of taste I suppose.

But the main issue, for me at least, is that they don't fit within the game's isometric view at all. I can force myself to take it slow and work the trap layouts if I really want to, but more often than not I find succession of traps down a narrow corridor which will simply lead to my death, no matter my build or my skill. Rotating saw blades after spikes after more rotating blades without a single tile where I can stand still without taking damage, so that I can work my way back or observe.

Either there's a problem with the way trap layouts are generated and it needs to be more permissive, or the concept behind it (corridors of doom you can't anticipate) simply sucks.

PS: love what the Ascendancy classes did to my char.

Yeah I can agree on that, if you don't know a layout you might end up running into it without a clear path in mind. Giving players the option to oversee them would be good, however this is only true for a few layouts that lack safe spots within the gauntlet. Many trap layouts allow for the player to step of the gas and take a look around. In some cases you can even safely LW from one safe spot to another.

"
My original suggestion wasn't to change the lab much, but rather, once you've already completed it once, the slow way, that you can then choose to portal to the Aspirants trials. You would still need to beat the 3 Izaro fights, but you wouldn't have to wade through the timesink again.

Like I said I would change the Lab layout entirely. Get rid of trials, because not only are they entirely different than the gauntlets in the lab they are also not rewarding and boring.

The first Lab would be in Act 3 and it would maybe be a bit longer than the current first lab, but it would have waypoints and give 4 points. The next lab would be merciless like it is now, just without requiring trials, instead requiring the completion of the normal lab. Uberlab and Uber Trials would be unchanged (although some of the Trials are way too annoying, while some of the same trials are incredible easy, Burning rage has one incredible fast layout and one rage inducing one).

This change would mean the following things:

a) 4 Ascendancy points are essentially safe for the player as long as he managed to beat Izaro, he might have to invest a bit more time, since he gets to learn all the Izaro mechanics but he will have waypoints and this lab is essentially normal and cruel combined and no trials.
b) With 3.0 we are essentially revisiting previous areas, it just wouldn't make sense that you run through the same Trial in Act 1 and again in Act 6, so removing those would likely be better, but even just having to do them once in A1 - 3 would be a huge improvement, but I don't feel they are necessary, but there are lore reasons for their existence
c) Right now a lot of players face unnecessarily hard Izaro fights because they don't understand the mechanics of the fight and I can't even blame them, because they work so different. Sometimes just beating Izaro quickly disables them, sometimes not, sometimes they must be inactive at the end to not move over, sometimes activating once is enough for them to carry over etc. Teaching those better would be a major thing to reducing the issues people have with Izaro.
"
mezmery wrote:

it's your prob actually. that's what you have in common with every crybaby out here.
PS i play ci

That's what I thought. You can't actually back up a single thing you say and you have your profile set to private.

When someone resorts to name calling I can tell exactly how much they will contribute to discussions and the game itself.

True, true. Bring the emperor's mastery as a proof.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
ewolow wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:

PS i play ci

That's what I thought. You can't actually back up a single thing you say and you have your profile set to private.

When someone resorts to name calling I can tell exactly how much they will contribute to discussions and the game itself.

Who clears all of Uber Lab though

That argument doesn't even make sense, it's a Level 75 zone, literally worse than a t8 map.

You can do the run in about 5-7 minutes quite easily with a good layout. I actually think CI is pretty good in Lab
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Who clears all of Uber Lab though

That argument doesn't even make sense, it's a Level 75 zone, literally worse than a t8 map.

You can do the run in about 5-7 minutes quite easily with a good layout. I actually think CI is pretty good in Lab

The progression in the discussion has been that some peeps farm lab, therefore, don't change lab.

Others want to just get to the end and get their progression.

And others like to farm the enchants.

How do you know what the layout is that you can do the run in 5-7 minutes? I can't even imagine trying to beat all 3 uber izaro fights in 5 minutes, let alone knowing how to run exactly through the lab without using poelab.

CI is great in lab. High life melee builds, not so much. Remember, lab has to work for everyone, not just favorite or lab specific builds.

How many players do you think clear uber lab in 5 minutes? 50%? 30%? 10%? 5%? 1%?

If that number is lower than 30%, why should the game cater to such a low demographic?
"
ewolow wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:

PS i play ci

im not crying about single aspect of this game.
you are.
if you were at least 16 y old, you would've known that stuff is fixed by actions, not by crying.
No rest for the wicked
"
ewolow wrote:

If that number is lower than 30%, why should the game cater to such a low demographic?

check challenge progression stats, they disclose player activities pretty much.
majority of players dont even make it to lvl 90, so remove lvl 100, right?
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:

Sorry, I'm not taking your bait.

Do you actually have a suggestion to make things work for everyone or do you just plan on shitting on every suggestion while offering none of your own, cause that is very safe and restricts criticisms.

Again, I pose the question. If only a small percent plays a certain way, why should the game devs cater to that small percent and not their larger base?

Give us a good reason, not some red herring about max level.
"
ewolow wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:

Sorry, I'm not taking your bait.

Do you actually have a suggestion to make things work for everyone or do you just plan on shitting on every suggestion while offering none of your own, cause that is very safe and restricts criticisms.

Again, I pose the question. If only a small percent plays a certain way, why should the game devs cater to that small percent and not their larger base?

Give us a good reason, not some red herring about max level.

you propose a nerf, because you are bad, you dont propose anything new, but willing to kill what we have.
that what noobs do in every game.
git gud.

PS i dont like my tax bill. i think i should get to local supervisor office and try to cry under their door for some cuts.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 24, 2017, 11:53:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info