I really hate lab

I mostly like it, the loot could be better in merciless and uber versions though and some reason to find the hidden stashes and stuff would be nice. At least there was some actual design put into it and Izaro isn't some overtuned oneshot machine on steroids like many map bosses.

What ruins it is the speedrunning because there's no benefit in clearing the zone and the fact that adjacement maps reset and randomize after awhile, which once again impairs full clears and promotes rushing.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Surprised Turtledove hasn't shown up to add you to the circlejerk thread yet.

/e

"
Most of us dislike the lab & trials, OP. No matter what some of the resident forum trolls and C Wilson say, it's NOT a minority.

There are many differing views about why it's lousy content, but the common denominator is that most think it's no good. At least not in a point & clicker like PoE.

ye I agree with that actually. I think he said vocal minority as some technicality bullshit because not many people are gonna actually provide feedback about it. You know how I know it's shaky? The one league where I did Uber Lab carries, bitches lined up literally through my fucking hideout waypoint for that shit. I'm sure if these people loved Lab they'd do it by themselves?

uber lab carries? Whats that go for? I know what I'd charge. Like 10ex.
Git R Dun!
Just came back a few days ago after I left for a couple of months. Looked forward to playing PoE, was really enjoying the game and my new character. Then I hit about 65-70 and remembered, fuck, I have to go do all the trials for all the difficulties, find all the trials in the maps then run through the lab 4 fking times.

GOD DAMMIT. Im just tired of it. Ive run it so many times. Its so boring, and theres just that ever constant fear of dcing so maybe you end up doing it more than the required 4 per character.

But thats why I always wait to be extremely over leveled so I can just blaze through it as fast as possible. Its like a band aid that you try to rip off quickly.

Im pretty sure the fact that I level all the way to 70 just so I can spend the least amount of time possible in there is pretty good indication at how boring the lab is.
"
Raudram wrote:
What ruins it is the speedrunning because there's no benefit in clearing the zone and the fact that adjacement maps reset and randomize after awhile,

Do you know how long it takes for zone reset and if the special stuff (Argus == xtra key) is also affected by it?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Surprised Turtledove hasn't shown up to add you to the circlejerk thread yet.

/e

"
Most of us dislike the lab & trials, OP. No matter what some of the resident forum trolls and C Wilson say, it's NOT a minority.

There are many differing views about why it's lousy content, but the common denominator is that most think it's no good. At least not in a point & clicker like PoE.

ye I agree with that actually. I think he said vocal minority as some technicality bullshit because not many people are gonna actually provide feedback about it. You know how I know it's shaky? The one league where I did Uber Lab carries, bitches lined up literally through my fucking hideout waypoint for that shit. I'm sure if these people loved Lab they'd do it by themselves?

Most give a free offering to the carry and allow the carry to get all the loot at the end.

"
goetzjam wrote:

The boss isn't over tuned you simply don't have enough experience it seems like to understand the mechanics around him.

My main point being is the game is easier now then ever before, easier to get items (more frequent drops), easier to get currency, easier to trade, easier to get more power (jewels, ect), more powerful uniques and to top it off the lab provides a massive amount of power for the time invested, probably the largest amount of power you can get per time invested.

1) Uber Izaro is way overtuned compared to other level 75 map bosses.

2) You and I along with others in this thread like Aim_Deep and Sarang are all minorities in that we play this game far more than the average PoE player let alone average person. You can't just state 'this game is easy now' when the game is still an incredibly complex noobtrap 99% of the time.
Last edited by allbusiness on Mar 23, 2017, 7:37:32 AM
"
allbusiness wrote:

"
goetzjam wrote:

The boss isn't over tuned you simply don't have enough experience it seems like to understand the mechanics around him.

My main point being is the game is easier now then ever before, easier to get items (more frequent drops), easier to get currency, easier to trade, easier to get more power (jewels, ect), more powerful uniques and to top it off the lab provides a massive amount of power for the time invested, probably the largest amount of power you can get per time invested.

1) Uber Izaro is way overtuned compared to other level 75 map bosses.

2) You and I along with others in this thread like Aim_Deep and Sarang are all minorities in that we play this game far more than the average PoE player let alone average person. You can't just state 'this game is easy now' when the game is still an incredibly complex noobtrap 99% of the time.

Do level 75 bosses have uber in their names?

Do other level 75 bosses have enrage style mechanics that give him additional damage if not dealt with?

No one said its easy, only that it isn't overtuned.

Its less of a noob trap because the choices you make are less important then in the past, its far easier to fix a mistake now, then it was in the past, its far easier to get access to another leveled gem then it was in the past, its significant easier of a game then it was in the past, except maybe the 6-8 bosses that people deem "difficult"

Could you make other things more difficult with crazy mods, yes you could, but the reward really isn't there, compared to say shaped strands.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Most give a free offering to the carry and allow the carry to get all the loot at the end

Early league these days it's more thirsty imo, or has gotten that way from my observation.

You can't do your offering + my loot anymore because the demand is high if you post in public chat.

In the opening week it has to be Offering + 5 or 10c depending on what other runners or competition you got.

About Izaro I do agree that he's much harder than a 75 zone boss, but the boss difficulty in this game isn't tuned so that 76 is slightly harder than 75, and so forth, which is tough for new players to gauge. It's more like they are all grouped 75-81, difficulty increase at 82, then ROFLBILLIONHPLUL in 83.

Mechanics wise people are bad tho, that's prolly not their fault but they aren't generating 300 APM at LoL any time soon and if you do micro like that I promise you can run around the room and make Izaro dance to your tune.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Raudram wrote:
What ruins it is the speedrunning because there's no benefit in clearing the zone and the fact that adjacement maps reset and randomize after awhile,

Do you know how long it takes for zone reset and if the special stuff (Argus == xtra key) is also affected by it?

I think it's the same timer that normal maps use and no, you can't get another Argus. It just fucks people who want to clear the zones or have to go afk as the whole layout randomizes.
I C S A L T

C

S

A

L

T
Lab in its current incarnation is a cancer on PoE.

Never look forward to it and it certainly stifles me from rerolling. Despite having all 6 map trials still haven't bothered with uber lab because my next two ASC points don't give me enough benefit to deal with that trash.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info