I really hate lab

I just made a new char, and im all the way through levelling, and just the thought of having to do labs are almost making me quit the game. Im a softcore player, so the mechanic of having to redo a lot of stuff when you die, is not something im very fund of, and on top of that, lab and traps is just really really anoying, and its not fun at all.

I do it 4 times per char, because i have to, and i never ever enter that shithole again. Please GGG stop forcing people into lab. Make the point be a reward from malachai or something.

I was looking forward to play a lot when i got home from work, but now i just died in lab, and i dont feel like playing at all anymore. Its really killing the fun of the game, and almost everyone i talk to feels the same way.
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2017, 12:14:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Willemoesium wrote:
I just made a new char, and im all the way through levelling, and just the thought of having to do labs are almost making me quit the game. Im a softcore player, so the mechanic of having to redo a lot of stuff when you die, is not something im very fund of, and on top of that, lab and traps is just really really anoying, and its not fun at all.

I do it 4 times per char, because i have to, and i never ever enter that shithole again. Please GGG stop forcing people into lab. Make the point be a reward from malachai or something.

I was looking forward to play a lot when i got home from work, but now i just died in lab, and i dont feel like playing at all anymore. Its really killing the fun of the game, and almost everyone i talk to feels the same way.

I think there is a good number of people that dread doing lab, that if that mechanic disappeared tomorrow they wouldn't be very upset about it.

I don't mind grinding through mobs to find something I like, but I hate being held up and slowed down in a gated time sink. My leisure time is limited and very important to me and I don't have 14 hours a day to play this game. I have more like 1-2.

Having a job, family, and responsibility should not be a liability to playing a game. ** Unless that game is Shadowbane **
"
ewolow wrote:

Having a job, family, and responsibility should not be a liability to playing a game. ** Unless that game is Shadowbane **

I mean how did you possibly play this game before they massively increased drop rates, before they added massive amounts of power creep?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
100% agree. I've only died like twice in lab whole time playing but thats because I play it smart. Way OP like do normal and cruel at 60-65, merc at 75, Uber at 85ish or whenever I find all trials.

But thats not the point. It's still lock down mode. Cant trade in a trade game. Can't take a break like if someone rings the door bell without finding a safe space to sit tight.

Still forces a version of HC mode on SC players. You die or DC in trials or lab you wasted 10-30 minutes of your life.

Still nonsense for certain builds. Like VP CI while juggernaut with big life regen laughs at traps. I could walk through all traps and stand on spikes with my juggs who had like 21% life regen 15K base armor and 11 EC.

I hope they get rid of this very divisive mechanic come 3.0.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 22, 2017, 3:39:54 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:

I mean how did you possibly play this game before they massively increased drop rates, before they added massive amounts of power creep?

Same way I play now.

I played back when Merv was the end boss for the difficulty.

I take it by the hyperbole that you intend my suggestion to be unrealistic? Massive amounts of power creep for whom?

And what does that have to do with lab other than min-max players have ensured most face an over-tuned end boss?

"
ewolow wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:

Same way I play now.

I played back when Merv was the end boss for the difficulty.

I take it by the hyperbole that you intend my suggestion to be unrealistic? Massive amounts of power creep for whom?

And what does that have to do with lab other than min-max players have ensured most face an over-tuned end boss?

The boss isn't over tuned you simply don't have enough experience it seems like to understand the mechanics around him.

My main point being is the game is easier now then ever before, easier to get items (more frequent drops), easier to get currency, easier to trade, easier to get more power (jewels, ect), more powerful uniques and to top it off the lab provides a massive amount of power for the time invested, probably the largest amount of power you can get per time invested.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
wonder if turtledove will notice this thread
I get you. I stopped at lvl 9 realising i have to run all the trials and labs again. Well, terrible reliquary drop rates added to this. So ill just sit and wait for 3.0.
Last edited by Zloberik on Mar 22, 2017, 6:25:33 PM
Most of us dislike the lab & trials, OP. No matter what some of the resident forum trolls and C Wilson say, it's NOT a minority.

There are many differing views about why it's lousy content, but the common denominator is that most think it's no good. At least not in a point & clicker like PoE.
Surprised Turtledove hasn't shown up to add you to the circlejerk thread yet.

/e

"
Most of us dislike the lab & trials, OP. No matter what some of the resident forum trolls and C Wilson say, it's NOT a minority.

There are many differing views about why it's lousy content, but the common denominator is that most think it's no good. At least not in a point & clicker like PoE.

ye I agree with that actually. I think he said vocal minority as some technicality bullshit because not many people are gonna actually provide feedback about it. You know how I know it's shaky? The one league where I did Uber Lab carries, bitches lined up literally through my fucking hideout waypoint for that shit. I'm sure if these people loved Lab they'd do it by themselves?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 22, 2017, 8:19:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info