An open letter to casuals asking to dumb down the game or make rare items more common

"
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Please stop.

If you have less time to play, expect to get fewer items or be lower level.

Ps. Yes, that is my letter. Because quite frankly this is how simple this issue is. .-.

No, it is not. I've been advocating for a long time to make acquiring items easier, but the game itself harder (and not through untelegraphed one-shots). Make skill matter more than playtime.

But yeah, maybe that is too complex.

I would agree with you, but average people don't want challenge...they want items.

People play slot machines despite the process being binary and relatively boring. People want the prize and don't care much for the process (the average person i'm talking about).

Similarly if you made the game more challenging, but items easier to get you wouldn't have the "addiction" that is POE. The game would still be good, but it would have far less people playing it for longer duration.

You are unfortunately probably right. While I would most likely play the game more, I am probably not a very typical player.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Perq wrote:
Please stop.

If you have less time to play, expect to get fewer items or be lower level.

Ps. Yes, that is my letter. Because quite frankly this is how simple this issue is. .-.

0/
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 8, 2017, 1:49:12 PM
/Signed

Really, I don't think anyone takes these forums seriously anymore because of all the crying weeaboo casuals.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
/Signed

Really, I don't think anyone takes these forums seriously anymore because of all the crying weeaboo casuals.

depends on your definition of casual i suppose. tbh the way i read the OP post was in the way of

"casual - anyone not playing the game all day...everyday."

when in fact a casual i more better defined as someone who only plays a couple hours a day at most.

Wow, so many UCLA wise shots in, the game shoud be kept from the SJW of the game industry.
Or we shoud do as the trending winds say to.... do the social justice purge and do the middleground for all to be walked with skyforth, power to the people !!!

Lets make everything mediocre again, for the justice for all!!!
ing: mater_suspiriorum_pl
Hey another no-lifer mad about stuffs. Don't see this every day.

10/10.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
innervation wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
This thread is too casual for my taste buds.

The guy finds one six link and thinks he's got some kind of hardcore streamer RNG now. Sheesh.

Inorite?! At the end of the day, it is still another divine orb drop.

Spoiler
I need to check my total hour played to see how long it took to finally drop on me. Tabula never counted since they are more common.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
M0rO wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
/Signed

depends on your definition of casual i suppose. tbh the way i read the OP post was in the way of

"casual - anyone not playing the game all day...everyday."

when in fact a casual i more better defined as someone who only plays a couple hours a day at most.

A casual is someone who gets on for an hour at most and plays for a bit then gets pissed when he doesn't get a mirror.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:

A casual is someone who gets on for an hour at most and plays for a bit then gets pissed when he doesn't get a mirror.

A mirror does not discriminate. I have seen a fair amount of QQ from nolifers wanted entitlement for playing +6k hours and no mirror drop in the past.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Thegzagenius wrote:

No, that's a fool, not a casual. A full-time worker and a casual worker can both be equally knowledgeable, motivated, experienced and professional - the only difference is that one is able (or is forced, or chooses) to spend more or less time at it.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info