An open letter to casuals asking to dumb down the game or make rare items more common

"
Completed 6 Challenges鬼殺し wrote:

Wait, are you calling him 'bud', or do you really just have one taste bud? Because that'd be weird. Really weird.

Meant to say my taste senses, but that is bit hardcore. :3
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 8, 2017 1:52:52 AM
"
Meant to say my taste receptors, but that is too hardcore. :3

Fixed. You're welcome.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
Completed 12 Challengessystemdown wrote:
"

Fixed. You're welcome.

That is way too hardcore, needs to be more casual. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"

True. My apologies.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
As the resident casual gamer but hardcore wordsmith, allow me:

THREAD TO CASUAL GIT GUD SCRUB LOL #REKT
"You need to stop punching Nazis and talk with them." -- Just more amazing wisdom found in this incredibly intelligent community.
Stupid topic. Every player has right to ask what he wants.
GGG has plan and business model that works. Some stuff can be adjusted/balanced but telling GGG what to do or how to do and expecting GGG to comply is simply silly. Just look at steady number of players complaining about lab and what has GGG done about it? lol And that one, IMO, is kind of legit complaint. Most players learn to deal with parts of game they find frustrating. Compared to early days poe is super easy now.
"
"
Completed 12 Challengessystemdown wrote:
"

Fixed. You're welcome.

Shit man, how do I ever get it right? :V

Reddit is enough to give me a bad feeling about what kind of feedback GGG is listening to. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like some of the changes (for example that build enabling uniques are more available, but not trivial to get).

But we are reaching the point of PoE being actually popular. Not underdog. And what I see is more and more people asking (Reddit) for changes that, at short sight, might seem QoL or logical, but many of them cause (sometimes irreversible) damage to the game. Gem vendors is one of the examples.
And this is a change that GGG made because of the constant moaning about gems being annoying to get.
So yes, I think that this kind of feedback exists. :V

@Sidad
Of course every player has right to ask what he want. And I have right to ask GGG to not listen to those requests. :@
This thread's purpose is to raise the (apparently huge lack of) awareness about changes affecting EVERYONE. Not only the person asking for those changes.
When you ask GGG to change game because you don't have time to play, someone who does have time to play (and like it that way) will also be affected.
Look around and see how many long-time players have already left because of those changes. I won't (yet), because I'm somewhat find with current state. But given what is upvoted on Reddit, I'm a lil bit afraid about the future. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Builds - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g34poofo61g4fv4/Builds.txt?dl=0
Hall of Lame - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1456980
Last edited by Perq on Mar 8, 2017 4:15:11 AM
"
Completed 25 ChallengesPerq wrote:
Please stop.

If you have less time to play, expect to get fewer items or be lower level.

Ps. Yes, that is my letter. Because quite frankly this is how simple this issue is. .-.

What kind of letter is this? Where is the greeting " Dear Casuals, "

and the signing off :

"Sincerely,

Dedicated Expert Letter Writer of Original Content and Ardent and Blind Supporter of everything GGG related" ???
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril

Crazy Basketball Trickshots Training: https://youtu.be/xsBALzj6bjM
@EKTELESTES

Check his Legacy league chars. lol He sure looks like "casuals" to me. lol Now I think it might be troll topic. lol
"
Completed 18 ChallengesSidad wrote:
@EKTELESTES

Check his Legacy league chars. lol He sure looks like "casuals" to me. lol Now I think it might be troll topic. lol

I'm casual in terms of skill, but I play a lot. Come at me, bruh. :D I know you are mad, but I'm not really concerned about you talking shit, really.

If you think about it (I dare you, try), me being casual and having low level characters proves my point even further. You don't have to play 20h a day to understand what I'm trying to say, really.

But yes, yet another argumentum ad personam. A poor one, too. :) It would work if I were trying to convince you that I want game easier.

@EKTELESTES

Dedicated Expert Letter Writer of Original Content and Ardent and Blind Supporter of everything GGG related

Lmao. You sure don't read shit I write, do you? :-D Even more - haven't you noticed that I'm opposing GGG now, asking to not listen to people asking to dumb down the game (which they are doing right now)?
Nice try tho, made me chuckle a little. :')
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Builds - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g34poofo61g4fv4/Builds.txt?dl=0
Hall of Lame - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1456980
Last edited by Perq on Mar 8, 2017 5:56:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info