An open letter to casuals asking to dumb down the game or make rare items more common

"
systemdown wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
A casual is someone who gets on for an hour at most and plays for a bit then gets pissed when he doesn't get a mirror.

No, that's a fool, not a casual. A full-time worker and a casual worker can both be equally knowledgeable, motivated, experienced and professional - the only difference is that one is able (or is forced, or chooses) to spend more or less time at it.

I work full time and don't complain about shit.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:

I used an analogy to show how the word "casual" is used in the real world. There can be many reasons why someone is a PoE "casual" (including work/life commitments) but that's purely incidental.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
systemdown wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:

I used an analogy to show how the word "casual" is used in the real world. There can be many reasons why someone is a PoE "casual" (including work/life commitments) but that's purely incidental.

I understand, but the logical person who wants to play this type of game should know after an hour of playing what they're in for. You're finding useless rares and crap items / uniques all the time, does the average "casual" player honestly think they should be able to find the best thing after playing for "X" amount of time?

Mors just found his first Headhunters after 5 years of playing the game, I think this is a perfect example of how awesome the game is. If you experience the whole game in a days time of playing it, what will drive players to come back the second day?

Nothing. Its not a unique experience once you've seen and done everything.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
does the average "casual" player honestly think they should be able to find the best thing after playing for "X" amount of time?

I don't know, I haven't seen any posts like that here. Where are these whining "casuals" who want something for nothing? I'm just not convinced that this problem exists to any such extent that we need a thread about it. I get what you're saying I just don't see the evidence for it.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
Casually speaking

I HAVE yet to find anything I consider a real fault in this game

Sure beats the shit out of Diablo and I was a huge fan of that series for years

D3 suckered me for the 100 bucks, POE has EARNED every contribution I have spent.

No complaints, once so ever

I might even get to the fucking end game someday and find something to whine over then, but that's years away, until then, AWESOME GREAT GAME, KEEP UP THE WORK!

Drop %%s are fine, I expect nothing more than shit, considering that I play like shit.. RNG hates me, always has, always will.

Such is life, I keep on plugging away because it is life and then I will die and some other pissed on unlucky fucker will carry the torch onward.

Slaying, waylaying in heat of the midday sun...

Dev
Theories from another world, from another failure
We don't adhere to fascination
Weary, fall on mother earth, call your other saviour
We don't adhere to fascination
Faith divides us, Death unites us.
How is this game dumbed down.. Look how many dead there are in ssf hc ladder.

Not to mention I won't probably even get to merciless difficulty. I still need to solo act3 + act4 which I doubt I will make it. Even if I do it just gets harder after and I will never reach to 80 because I don't even have time.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
"
M0rO wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
/Signed

Really, I don't think anyone takes these forums seriously anymore because of all the crying weeaboo casuals.

depends on your definition of casual i suppose. tbh the way i read the OP post was in the way of

"casual - anyone not playing the game all day...everyday."

when in fact a casual i more better defined as someone who only plays a couple hours a day at most.

A casual is someone who gets on for an hour at most and plays for a bit then gets pissed when he doesn't get a mirror.

No SSF HC in your account. Looking pretty casual, man.
This should just be a quest reward.

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Open e-letters are so 2016

Ay I helped make that cake with in game 'congrats'. Was just sarcasm :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info