Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

An open letter to casuals asking to dumb down the game or make rare items more common

Now we just need the sister thread:

An open letter to no lifers asking to over complicate the game or make it take more time to progress to give a false sense of real life achievement
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

An open letter to no lifers asking to over complicate the game or make it take more time to progress to give a false sense of real life achievement

Your supreme ruler Kim Jong Un approves. Give this guy and his family one plate of porkchop!
Last edited by HollandRoden on Mar 8, 2017, 9:32:10 PM
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

:D
I've never cared about drops. Much easier to WTB 2:1 WTS 3:1 know what i mean?

When ppl show me their "lucky" find i'm like whatever thats ez work for me. ppl are pretty stupid to grind IMO. Never done that either. I dont tink i ever ran two maps twice in a row.

Last season I tried to get artist cards ran like 50 overgrown ruins. Got zero. What a joke. Took me about a a hour of flipping to buy all 11.

Drops rates do suck but whatever.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 8, 2017, 11:18:46 PM

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've never cared about drops. Much easier to WTB 2:1 WTS 3:1 know what i mean?

This reminds me item called The Formless Flame Siege Helmet wich costs 1c so i bought blessing of xoph for 10c upgraded this helm and sold it for 25c....and i did this 10x times in row yesterday and i still dont understand why people dont buy them self blessing for 10c and that helm for 1c and craft it but instead they buy it for 25c from poe xyz...like what the hell is wrong witht people?
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Mar 9, 2017, 12:45:20 AM
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

Savage.

Thx for the laugh sir.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

And funnily enough, your logic works both ways.
Casuals want to make game easier, so they feel they achieved something (false sense of real life achievement), because they can't simply play the game. They need to WIN. And if anyone ever has more wealth/higher level, they will feel inferior (inferiority complex taken from their real life, as one might assume) and cry about it on the forums.
And when they are confronted with the arguments, they will go with standard at least I have a life/get a life.
I sense a projection here btw, but hey, who am to judge? :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 17, 2017, 3:11:48 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

And funnily enough, your logic works both ways.
Casuals want to make game easier, so they feel they achieved something (false sense of real life achievement), because they can't simply play the game. They need to WIN.[...]

Wow, this is so true :D
"
Perq wrote:
Please stop.

If you have less time to play, expect to get fewer items or be lower level.

Ps. Yes, that is my letter. Because quite frankly this is how simple this issue is. .-.

It's not the casuals that are going to be the ruination of the difficulty inherent in PoE - it's the hardcore, the entitled, the streamers, the big guide writers and forum trolls like u ;)

Why?

MOST Casuals.. don't.. go.. forums.. ever..

Look at the threads; the whine is about spending 3k+ fuses on a missing 6link, casuals don't usually GET 3k fuses in the first place.

Casuals also don't popularize modifying the game so you can get the benefit of seeing what should be offscreen to you, nor do casuals overhype certain uniques to be supervalued beyond any reasonable merit.

In fact, the casual players are the substrate for these actions. They are the masses of people whose money pay for GGG rent.

Adress your whine thread to the other whine-thread-producing forum trolls, and it may yet become an effective communication. For this, however, 'targeting' casuals won't work, because obviously very few pageturner-churners consider themselves casual as you may suspect given that you have some insight into the human psyche.

So far though, it seems you're mostly attracting attention to the fact that you are talking to yourself, as you are evidently every bit as casual as most of us, unless you're redefining casualness to mean casual-but-addicted-and-nonstop-playing-and-forumtrolling.

I frankly don't care if GGG makes the game harder or easier, it's not like PoE is the only game i play, nor is my happiness in life tied to getting exalts or getting laid; both happen adequately, and so why complain?

I mean i'm so casual i'm not even likely to read whatever snarky replies are posted to this post, but i'm not so dumb as to think none will be made, by forum trolls, like yourself, chasing the high of 'winning an argument', lol.
Agreed, whats worse is people are now asking for better drops as a result of implementing SSF as a secondary option even though GGG had already told them they wont. Really wish they didnt make SSF an option because now its just another reason for more people to complain about a non-issue.

Already said this would happen when they originally announced it, it already did happen somewhat before, now i see threads about it regularly. Real obnoxious.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 17, 2017, 7:06:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info