An open letter to casuals asking to dumb down the game or make rare items more common

"
Man up, play SSFHC and stop with the whining.

I prefer playing SC, I like trade. There is nothing to discuss here.

If you want to discuss stuff, please, address something that was said and make a point. Your passive-aggressive posts contribute nothing to the discussion, nor they give any useful opinion about anything.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 22, 2017, 5:42:01 AM
Dude, you're playing in the most dumbed down, casual and instantly gratifying way possible and calling others out?

Look in the mirror, stop making worthless threads and quit the forum.

Point MADE

:D
Might as well ask streamers and youtubers to stop streaming/posting videos so casuals don't have too high expectations.
"
Stefacle wrote:
I'm a cassual, and I couldn't agree more with OP.

Personally I hope that GGG will ramp up the difficulty again with the release of 3.0.

A ramp up to CB difficulty would be really nice to see, although I have my doubts that it will happen.

But with only one difficulty to play through it should really be at list slightly challenging, and not just faceroll until maps.

I am all for that if I can have my CB minions back for my necromancer.
Originally Posted by battlebug on 12.02.2011:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
"
Dude, you're playing in the most dumbed down, casual and instantly gratifying way possible and calling others out?

Look in the mirror, stop making worthless threads and quit the forum.

Point MADE

:D

I'm not calling out anyone. I and never said I'm not a casual, lol. Get your salt fixed, son.
You're making no points - argument ad personam is all you do. You keep on following me and shitting all over anything I say. You have some kind of a problem with me, I get it, but instead of shitting all over the forums, how about you answer my PM asking you about your problem with me.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
this game is already too dumbed down. i'd pay to be able to play an earlier version again.

It is going to help a lot when they address ES super scaling. Imagine how meta would look like if everyone had to be life. Also damage scaling, it's not very "dumbed down", but rather just gotten much easier because damage and es kept increasing.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
PoE is a loot extravaganza now compared to how it was.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
PoE is a loot extravaganza now compared to how it was.

Yes, Wraeclast should have been buried at least 5 feet deep in trash by now. I guess there are enough trash eating creatures to keep the garbage in check.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I agree with you for the most part, I do however wish that the cost of entry on mildly interesting builds was slightly lower for maps around the t10 area. I think a lot of people who don't have a ton of time to sink into leagues kind of get the shaft in terms of being able to enjoy the experience - while the people who have tons of time obliterate all the content available to them and hit the, "now what" side of the game which I've hit a few times now myself.

I believe that there's a comfortable middle-ground here somewhere in terms difficulty scaling. I think that more accepting low and middle difficulty areas are definitely a start - if you were able to do higher content with less quality gear you'd have more to do before it was time to complain you couldn't get anything done. Add some higher difficulty top-tier content for streamers to really work for so we don't have level 100's in hardcore in 3 days every league like we do now, a lot of this game's balance is built around 1% of the player-base.

That's just my two cents, I've been playing this game forever and I've seen it harder and less hard, items used to drop less and be less useful. I do feel like it's gotten to the point where just about every unique is valueless unless it's a shav's or something, unique validity and scaling needs a serious makeover as well. What am I supposed to do with all these wanderlust's man?
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yes, Wraeclast should have been buried at least 5 feet deep in trash by now. I guess there are enough trash eating creatures to keep the garbage in check.

It's mostly these little guys, they can just as easily gobble up monkey dung as bite through a steel pipe. Just don't feed them after midnight like this girl did, any time after midnight, actually.

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info