Can somebody make a transcript of Chris Interview? Cant Stand ZiggyD

This thread needs bump forever for several reasons:

1- To make SexCalibure piss off and get mad

2- So i can get the info about the video too, im lazy to watch like 10 minutes of video to extract 5 words of new info.

3- because reason 1

4- because reason 3

Last edited by HoockBr on Feb 22, 2017, 1:41:09 PM
I actually agree with the op

They need to hire Ziggy so that he'll be more of a necessary evil. Right now all this "official" info is being given to us through an unofficial dude.

You know how paparazzi and telemarketers are kind of seen as scum of the Earth? I'd kinda stick streamers in the same bunch. To be honest I've never understood people who even watch streamers.. how boring can your life be if you'd rather be a sheep and watch someone else doing something instead of doing it yourself?

But yeah, don't hate the player, hate the game.
Ziggy D is perfect for this role. I do find him dull as a streamer but I enjoy his interviews and youtube vids.
"
HoockBr wrote:
This thread needs bump forever for several reasons:

1- To make SexCalibure piss off and get mad

2- So i can get the info about the video too, im lazy to watch like 10 minutes of video to extract 5 words of new info.

3- because reason 1

4- because reason 3

you would be pretty surprise to see how much of a fuck im not giving actually lol
i pretty much laugh at stuff instead of being pissed
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
he said he didnt want to work for them because its a conflict of interests, they offered him the job and he turned it down. He wants to stay impartial, if he doesnt like something he wants to be able to say so, and even though I think GGG wouldnt try and stop him being honest he wants people to know that hes not getting directly paid by the company to promote it, he sees it as a matter of principal and of trust between him and his audience.

I dont rly watch his stream either tbh, now and then I tune in to half an hour or so just to see whats cracking. I miss him being on the podcast as thats usually where Id get to hear what hes been up to and his take on whats afoot in poe.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 22, 2017, 7:59:19 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
A lot...

That was a lot of "necessarily" there, and a lot of insight. But not all ads are based on interactions, some are ONLY based on the respective sites' views. Some ads aren't even "interactable". There's a lot of "if" here, or "necessarily" if you want. The bottom line is that adblock MAY hurt the services provided.

I'm not advocating against adblock. As I've said, I use it myself. I'm just advocating against "blindly" use of adblock. I always turn off adblock when I visit the local online newspaper or viewing my favorite youtube channels, may that be Rooster Teeth, Total Biscuit or freakin' Sp4zie. I gladly pay with my time - or even my clicks once in a while. I like what they do, and know they can't do it for free.

But, yes, the bottom line is; they provide their services "free". But if everyone would see them as 100% free, there would be nothing left to enjoy. I guess the same goes for PoE :P

There's a lot of necessarily because every ad is different. I can't use the same advertising strategy for different products, and there are cases where simply advertising to a larger audience makes sense. Also, I guess my wording wasn't clear. By 'interact' I mean any kind of interaction. Simply watching an ad is a form of interaction, it doesn't necessarily have to be a click. Many people ignore ads (it's called banner blindness). If you remember the ad, visit the website of the advertiser a few weeks later and take some action (e.g. download their free game or become a paying customer) the ad was effective. If you don't pay attention to the ad at all, the content producer might get some money, but the advertiser doesn't.

I was just trying to explain that there are more parties than just the content creator and the consumer. There is also the company that advertises (e.g. Toyota) and the company that provides the platform (e.g. Youtube). The consumer is the one who pays, the other 3 parties have to make profit in some way. As an advertiser, I am totally fine when people who are blind to ads block them. Yes, this means less money for the content producer and platform, but it also means less cost for the advertiser. Either way, at least one party will be hurt financially, whether you use adblock or not.

"
Bnethor wrote:
I actually agree with the op

They need to hire Ziggy so that he'll be more of a necessary evil. Right now all this "official" info is being given to us through an unofficial dude.

You know how paparazzi and telemarketers are kind of seen as scum of the Earth? I'd kinda stick streamers in the same bunch. To be honest I've never understood people who even watch streamers.. how boring can your life be if you'd rather be a sheep and watch someone else doing something instead of doing it yourself?

But yeah, don't hate the player, hate the game.

How is ZiggyD similar to paparazzi? Paparazzi don't report anything of value, ZiggyD does. Ziggy's youtube channel is a distribution channel for GGG to reach their audience. Since Ziggy makes a lot of PoE content, it only makes sense. The kind of interviews are exactly the kind of content Ziggy's audience is interestd in.
Last edited by Reizoko on Feb 22, 2017, 9:54:58 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

no, it doesnt.

yes, yes it does. you established a criteria of a good looking, high profile male who is successful. justin bieber is all of that. your logic is awful here or you are trolling or willfully being ignorant. pick one. you yourself are not making any rational sense here, because rational decision says that if you establish a criteria, ALL things fitting the criteria must be established as matches, you cant pick and a choose. rational thought is an algorithm, not your feelings. thats my point you keep on MISSING. fuck peoples feelings, its what makes them irrational

"

I dont hate oj simpson and your distinction has no relevance to the point.

of course it does. because thinking hes a murderer without concrete evidence is purely subjective and is thus a weakness and fairly irrational. someone basing their hate or love on PREFERENCE isnt doing it rationally enough

"

thinking all black people are murderers is not what I would consider rational thought. But regardless it is of no consequence to the point.

once again, it sure does. because subjectivity is playing a big role and thats my point. you can rationalize shit all you can if you start with preference, and then arrive at absurdity thinking its rationalized when it's really not.

if people learned to let go of dumb favoritism, spewing agenda and heavy subjective view, they'd get much more rational and also see bigger picture (*pats self on shoulder*)

"
grepman wrote:

If you disagree with most of that statement then you dont really know enough about basic psychology to really have this discussion.
lol. use arguments, not 'you dont really know enough to have this discussion' copout.

I dont use emotions much. I certainly dont truly 'hate' anyone [or 'love' anyone not my kin for that matter] because there's little to no rational reason to. and hey, love's gonna getcha.

and my life is absolutely great. I live it like I program - objectively. of course, Im not a bitch so I can check my emotions whenever they start to interfere even further.

your little theory on hate berates people who hate when people who are overly *loving* arent really any better, just on other end of the spectrum. it doesnt make one a better person if theyre all about love than hate, unless they start materialize those emotions.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

no, it doesnt.

yes, yes it does. you established a criteria of a good looking, high profile male who is successful. justin bieber is all of that. your logic is awful here or you are trolling or willfully being ignorant.

I set a criteria of hating everyone who fits that criteria purely because they fit that criteria, that obviously escapes you because you cant read, or rather, dont want to read and dont want to understand. You are disagreeing with me yet have completely failed to read and understand what it is you are disagreeing with.

"
your little theory on hate berates people who hate when people who are overly *loving* arent really any better

no it doesnt, again if you actually wanted to read and understand what I said you would know that. Its not my little theory, its a fairly widespread and obvious psychological observation, the fact I would even need to point that out says it all tbh.

hf mate.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I set a criteria of hating everyone who fits that criteria purely because they fit that criteria, that obviously escapes you because you cant read, or rather, dont want to read and dont want to understand. You are disagreeing with me yet have completely failed to read and understand what it is you are disagreeing with.

you said, to paraphrase, justin bieber is ok to be hated on because of his existence, but if anyone hates on anyone else fitting his criteria its purely their ego. which isnt even logical in any way possible.

"

no it doesnt, again if you actually wanted to read and understand what I said you would know that. Its not my little theory, its a fairly widespread and obvious psychological observation, the fact I would even need to point that out says it all tbh.
oh ok so its a wide known fact that hate is from insecurity and love is when you are completely secure then ? lol since you always say something is pure nonsense, I dont think I ever can top this.

there is no difference between love and hate. theyre just opposite spectrum of emotions. neither is better than the other. someone isnt ever *better* or more *secure* if hes ultra positive and not ultra negative.
"
grepman wrote:
but if anyone hates on anyone else fitting his criteria...

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
If you also hate.. every other good looking, successful...

anyone, everyone, these terms have different meanings btw.

should have gone to specsavers mate.

"
grepman wrote:
oh ok so its a wide known fact that hate is from insecurity and love is when you are completely secure then ?

thats also not what I said and certainly not what I implied. So everything you just said is nonsense that is based off countering something that I didnt actually say. Well done.

I cant have a discussion with you because this is text based and you cant read words, so thats the last response youre getting from me on the subject, enjoy it.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 22, 2017, 11:38:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info