Can somebody make a transcript of Chris Interview? Cant Stand ZiggyD

This is kiddystuff!! How funny shitstorming a streamer. What happend to this world? Look at yourself, take care of yourself. Pointing fingers, i hate this. Feel cool by posting your anonymus bs in the internet dude.Can somebody just close this thread?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Its like if you order a Pizza, ask for an Alldressed but ask no Mushrooms cuz you dont like mushrooms and the waiter is like "OMG you hate mushrooms! How why?" for hours. Meanwhile i still dont have my pizza :(

We're thinking you're going to dine and dash, that's why you are still pizza-less.
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Phrazz I get what you mean...you feel like we ought to pay for services with our time by watching ads. It makes sense. But I'll agree to disagree about Adblock being a "gimme gimme" tool. It's more of a lazy tool to me. I don't want to worry about which sites have obstructive ads and I'm not willing to spend time figuring it out, so I just turn on Adblock and forget about it. Sometimes sites won't even function properly because of all the ads it tries to load when you first visit it. The Information Age has come at a price - companies face stiffer and stiffer competition for our attention and resort to more and more annoying and dirty ad tactics to get it. I just don't feel like sifting through it all because every view I give a cancer ad, I become a datum and reinforce the use of that ad.

If companies cleaned up ther marketing departments then I'd delete Adblock and never look back.

I know, and I do agree. But I do feel some sort of responsibility as a customer. It's no secret to an informed human being that online newspaper (and the like) NEEDS their income (mainly from ads). And ad-providers, like Google e.g. DO run statistics on the amount of adblock use. The same with Youtubers. Ad-based income. So yes, sites/providers providing me with services I want/use a lot, I do turn off adblock.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Man makes shitty polls and trolls with 9000 posts. Criticizes Ziggy for performing a service for the community.
"
Barivius wrote:
Man makes shitty polls and trolls with 9000 posts. Criticizes Ziggy for performing a service for the community.

"Internet" in a nutshell, I guess.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:

Pirating is pretty stupid, yeah...but Adblock? Lol. I wouldn't mind watching ads if they weren't 90% eye cancer/malware. Try using poetrade without Adblock and let me know how many crashes/viruses you get. At minimum you will get obnoxious popups and random blaring ads in the background.

In the age where every site is just information diahrrea I feel like Adblock is akin to sunscreen at this point. Current generation definitely has issues but I don't think wanting to use Adblock is one of them.

To be honest, Adblock is just as stupid as piracy, for the "exact" same reasons - in a lot of cases. I use it myself from time to time, though I hardly ever surf the deep end of the web to meet these "malware filled" ads.

But adblock DOES fit into this "I want everything for free"-generation. How many percent of adblock user do you think uses the "off-button" when they serf their local newspaper? Or Youtube? Or other places they visit a lot, drain their services and never think about their sources of income?

I agree that a lot of ads ARE indeed cancer, and adblock is a must in those cases. But using the "off-button" from time to time is "the right thing to do".

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

they are not free
Every action has a cost

Therefor watching a video content producer that you dislike has a cost, a cost of giving it more views therefor more credibility therefor people will justify giving him more content to sprees because of the view even if the same content could be spread by more qualified people

No, they are not free. Because the information you're looking for is a service provided bye someone who needs income to provide said services. You want these services, but are not willing to pay the price. Why do you still feel entitled to this information?

Aaaah, coffee. I need it. Just woke up!

I don't think it's fair to compare adblock to piracy. I've run countless of ad campaigns on different platforms (although admittedly no video advertising, but the point still stands) and I still use adblock. If I would be exposed to all the ads I block the only real difference would be less ROI and/or worse ad quality ratings which then results in potential higher costs for the companies that run the ads, which also means less ROI. I just don't react to ads because 1) I hate being interrupted and 2) most of them are poorly targeted anyway. Even counting brand awareness and large conversion windows, the amount of times I became a paying customers from an ad is very low. I do myself and the companies that advertise a favor by using adblock and the same is arguably true for most people that use adblock.
"
Reizoko wrote:
I do myself and the companies that advertise a favor by using adblock and the same is arguably true for most people that use adblock.

Comparing adblock to piracy might be a stretch, I agree, but this last sentence of yours is pretty ignorant - at best. There are lots of numbers, some more reliable than others, telling us that adblocks generates less income for a lot of serious business. It's pretty self explainable. If a newspaper have 10 readers each day and half of them uses adblock, do you think Toyota will pay for distributing their ad to 10 or 5 people?

I can agree on a lot of things; adblock being a must in some cases, adblock is good for your heart and that A LOT of ads are not only a pain in the ass, but also directly dangerous for your computer and your sensitive data. But your not doing anyone but yourself a favor by using it.
I gave up trying to understand advertising a long time ago. If people realized the simple fact that the cost of advertising gets passed on to the consumer, they'd simply stop buying stuff that's advertised. But people are stupid.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
I do myself and the companies that advertise a favor by using adblock and the same is arguably true for most people that use adblock.

Comparing adblock to piracy might be a stretch, I agree, but this last sentence of yours is pretty ignorant - at best. There are lots of numbers, some more reliable than others, telling us that adblocks generates less income for a lot of serious business. It's pretty self explainable. If a newspaper have 10 readers each day and half of them uses adblock, do you think Toyota will pay for distributing their ad to 10 or 5 people?

I can agree on a lot of things; adblock being a must in some cases, adblock is good for your heart and that A LOT of ads are not only a pain in the ass, but also directly dangerous for your computer and your sensitive data. But your not doing anyone but yourself a favor by using it.

A larger audience doesn't necessarily mean more money for the advertiser. Toyota doesn't necessarily care if they advertise to 5 or 10 people. They care about the return on investment and profit they can make from those ads. If they use the right channel, targeting and messaging they can make more money advertising to fewer people than using the wrong channel, targeting and messaging even if that channel has a larger audience.

There is technology out there that let's you track every metric about your ad campaigns you want to track. Based on your data, you optimize your ad campaigns to only be displayed to people who are likely to buy your product, service or whatever you offer. In digital advertising, most of the time you want to show your ads to fewer people once you have the data that shows you what kind of people convert and what kind of people don't. Otherwise you would just waste money to show ads to people who are not interested in what you offer to begin with, hence your cost per acquisition rises and your return on investment drops.

As Shagsbeard mentioned, the cost of advertising gets passed on to the consumer. Yes, if I turn off adblock, ZiggyD will get ad revenue from the ads I see when I watch his videos. But the company whose ad I saw won't make any money because of the way I interact with ads (hint: I don't), which worst case leads to the ads not being profitable for them so they have to stop advertising. Disabling adblock to support streamer x/youtuber x/whoever is only part to the equation. If you watch all those ads but don't ever become a paying customer, it will hurt everyone in the long run.

Edit: That being said, I don't argue that adblocks results in less income for a lot of businesses. It all depends on how people interact with ads when they actually see them.
Last edited by Reizoko on Feb 22, 2017, 10:56:51 AM
"
Reizoko wrote:
A lot...

That was a lot of "necessarily" there, and a lot of insight. But not all ads are based on interactions, some are ONLY based on the respective sites' views. Some ads aren't even "interactable". There's a lot of "if" here, or "necessarily" if you want. The bottom line is that adblock MAY hurt the services provided.

I'm not advocating against adblock. As I've said, I use it myself. I'm just advocating against "blindly" use of adblock. I always turn off adblock when I visit the local online newspaper or viewing my favorite youtube channels, may that be Rooster Teeth, Total Biscuit or freakin' Sp4zie. I gladly pay with my time - or even my clicks once in a while. I like what they do, and know they can't do it for free.

But, yes, the bottom line is; they provide their services "free". But if everyone would see them as 100% free, there would be nothing left to enjoy. I guess the same goes for PoE :P
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 22, 2017, 11:19:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info