Can somebody make a transcript of Chris Interview? Cant Stand ZiggyD

yeah could've just typed a false interview transcript detailing how to get an exalt recipe is being released, but what a waste of time...
pretty sure that would have made EVERYONE (who hadn't seen it), not just OP, go watch the actual video, like a hundred times. jackpot youtube views and validation.
Last edited by amjko on Feb 22, 2017, 5:38:33 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Meridin wrote:
11 pages of arguing and no answer for OP? Well maybe I'm not surprised. Here you go though, since it only took me a few minutes to get. It's barely comprehensible, but probably the best you'll get. Enjoy. ;-)

YouTube auto-transcribe (not very accurate)

Z: you're going to get here I'm here again Chris welcome thank you very much for taking some more time to talk to me

C: you're open

Z: I want to talk about this whole 10 access them and get them devices designed divine divine design insight into it i'm just gonna roll with that i'm looking online about your fingers community go through there be divine design in fights with tris will hit fire the whole 10 act system before this three-point there are announcement you're talking about identifying an issue in the action RPG genre and i addressing that how do you feel what is that issue firstly and how you feel like the taxes than interesting.

C: and traditionally action RPGs like being able to 12 part of exile for example have required that you play through the game several times before you reach whatever the endgame is essentially a tribe now and yeah it's kind of a new game+ and you gain + + systems for the use of other types of games and so for a very long time player happy to have additional content to play right like a platicar finished the end of normal then there will be less with a game that if there was the ability to Plato and see how your character fares against super-hard versions of sense for those from the beach and there's the problem haha you're playing through stuff that's kind of designed to be early in the game yeah and the thing where people say i want cruel to be incredibly hard when you start off because you know he had difficulty jump all the way I of Monsters is just laughably cheap right like it's designed so that the tenant moves around education issues during the zombie kind of wanders around and you don't hate you because he's a zombie you know it is designed to be the beginning of the game not halfway through the game and so the problem that people found was the kind of this isn't really that fun to replace certain parts of that you know the course would be awesome bit by the dried lake with totally happy to get that right leg again it is more farming but a lot of the game really needed to be different if you're playing it a second time and in addition from a retention point of view we know that we get players into the Atlas we own a player soul right like that there are there is a bit incomplete eyes to the company after that point it was thought about and for the existing playthrough and the beginning we have no retention issues if you're playing to the storyline the story is compelling and some people don't finish the game for whatever reason it's certainly not the same as when they're playing through the second of the difficulties which were just to repeat in fact there's a point on the graph where you finish the first playthrough and you get to the second nice say what I have to do this again and some percentage of people leave now despite this the game growing popularity and was very successful and that's all well and good but it was certainly a leak you know it's a hole that we have to fix and different games over prices that's different way that you know the other three has adventure mode and they do not have multiple to fuji level that you play through the ever dynamic difficulty system where you can kind of tailor it to your character and have some scaling and so on we didn't want to do that and so we have done this accepts in this release which increase the games site for ten acts before the end game and this is the thing we were referring to a while ago mr. the problem with the a traditional action-rpg trope so we wanted to address and the example we gave her the time was like the flask system where the amplitude has potions that you back from the sharpness but family having to buy them in their kind of modulus and similar and so we want a flask three fellers other games have done different things like stacking potions or red balls you have to run over on the ground or region and so on and so all the games handle it in different ways and this is our way to have a 10x player with a second 5x are entirely fanservice when you revisit reminiscent stuff from the past and find out what happened to us

Z: do you think that particular decision will help with bio retention that you're returning but that it's a bit different around

C: well on one hand it doesn't feel the same time playthrough as you place for yourself and we pretty much the moment is most similar as I guess you're in like the mud flaps which is a visually similar Zone the two times apart from the new architecture but the monsters are different and pretty much everything else after that point has a very different tone to it right there but forgot handling aspects of this and the fact that you're going completely different path you're constantly and this playthrough finding kind of block areas where i could go through the floorboard I have to do now and finding other ways around but in addition there's the fanservice think way if you enjoyed the story or even just the existence of the first half of the game then the second half kind of answers all the questions where is mr. what does that help people save her oh she's looking for the survey class that's not going to go well for her when I see her again you know and businesses throughout the action various different places and the idea of you know chevron who created bruises saying all you you made my go to pieces so i'm going to put it back together we're going to get you at the top of my Tower and this kind of stuff when you get to kind of hear about things in the first place to an experienced them in this and the lure of the uniques and so on it plays into you know situations that you get to encounter and so we feel that it is much more than just six new acts from the point of view of us you actually likes all things that you said about in the past

Z: so the loan good display that we're going to add six sacks to bring up to 10 accident all this problem with the action RPG genre best and you actually manage that

C: this is true our company's core DNA is about clever use of content right and action RPGs right but we basically when we sat down at the beginning there were three of us and we said the only way that we're going to make this using up your meager life savings is to find clever ways to reuse condoms your the level generations that has to be extreme that I don't have to be incredibly deep there has to be a lot of stuff without having to actually just mass make an entirely large-scale game yeah now since that point we have some tens of millions of dollars into mass large-scale game so there is a lot of content there but the immense amount of ways that your visitors like you know every time that is used several different times throughout the game and in this map versions of it as arenas and you know that the Leo fight you know sorry they are freedom fighters and you know at certain times and so on there's so much we use of stuff and this you know the league's for example we make a league and then we get to use it as potentially erase we get to use animals and sections of math mods and legacy League all sorts of things and so when making these six acts were already making these 5x I should say connect five isn't having your content so the additional 5x here are very clever remix of the existing stuff that we have where in some cases things that we created for atlas of worlds was also intended to be used here so we get the ability to take a twist on Alice map the beacon for example is an idea is an example that and so there are places where we get a double-dip various content with myself elsewhere only avenues and interesting we're here but the men day for the team is basically being do this in the most cost-effective way because if we apply everything we've learned over the last decade and is entirely possible frustrated 5x and the time they would normally takes me one or two and then over the last couple of years and parallel we've been working on this and it's all coming together now

Z: so how do you ensure then that this didn't just become what people fear that like reskin of the previous acts and that actually felt significant graduate while taking advantage of that my skill of reusing who

C: when we were initially planning this I suspect we wanted it to be more of an additional reskin right the initial scope is the minimum amount required to make it an interesting place with the areas again and the team of delivered to so much more than that so that it worries me like playing through i am amazed on a daily basis and the subtlety of the stuff and how cool it is like it go into acts 2 and then back out again because of the fact that they worked out the road is open all the stuff yeah and that only gets more crazy as we get further down this so the team has gone above and beyond the initial mandate right like we said okay no new monsters just ate the existing want to use a different ways a few reasons and they may be monsters right like this there's so much cool stuff for the teams put together for us to make sure that it doesn't feel repetitive and that's kind of feeling of fanservice enjoy as you find out of all these cool things and I got to experience that myself because I've been working internally on spearheading gum the China projects and working on overseeing business stuff and keeping a close eye on the itemization path of exile but not the creation of Acts i actually got to kind of save myself from having seen x 5 through 10 and only get to check them out recently when they were in a really good state label the same feeling that you did a few days ago and the community does

Z: sweet this is awesome so x5 nothing designed with this jewel part system in mind because all the other ones you kind of adapted to you come back to and here's the story lines but x5 has been made at the same time was yes like always the intention that you have two parts back 54

C: there is a specific plot reason why you have to go better a classroom while you're doing all of the godslayer why you're here working towards the point where you get to return to arias and axten and finalize the fall of us you know there's there's there's lots of there but I don't want to spoil and so when the team in designing at five they're completely aware of the fact that there's also the six through ten arc and it means we get to save some of the most awesome impressive stuff for active

Z: okay so some of the stuff that you might have just put in at five and kind of condensed it down you've been able to spread out and bring out into the second version

C: absolutely i'm planning out from the start was a lot better than finishing at five and anything with to another five and having to go and read Connor things already finished and release right you know if we if we take the Beast right for and put it at the end of activity hey guys you've already killed the baseball moving a basic facts that will be a problem so we're not doing that with we're doing new content

Z: let's sort of like I know you don't spoil everything but what sort of story complaints expect to get out of this whole tax system

C: there's an overarching story arc here that's what the players are gradually beginning to put together and I say that by reading part of different peoples comments and assuming there's one out there was just reading the same part than those the entire story most of the information is there and you'll notice that over the last few weeks have been a lot of unique spiraled into the game that deal with God's right there are items themed around the various gods like took a hammer and a breath and so on and if you're careful and read a lot of flavor text and listen to a lot of stories stones and stuff you can put together quite a lot of the story and then the subtle Clues right there's a there's a symbol is being used extensively throughout the game as i've recently which ties a lot of the stuff together and yeah it's it's pretty easy for people to gradually put it together we expect by the time they play it don't have hopes that the hopes what they're going to see and hopefully they'll be pleased with that

Z: of the stuff thank you very much

C: welcome

Lololololol

I could not stop laughing the entire time, gold. Made this whole thread worthwhile. dont hate the zombie y'know?
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 22, 2017, 5:54:43 AM
"
Meridin wrote:
11 pages of arguing and no answer for OP? Well maybe I'm not surprised. Here you go though, since it only took me a few minutes to get. It's barely comprehensible, but probably the best you'll get. Enjoy. ;-)

YouTube auto-transcribe (not very accurate)

Z: you're going to get here I'm here again Chris welcome thank you very much for taking some more time to talk to me

C: you're open

Z: I want to talk about this whole 10 access them and get them devices designed divine divine design insight into it i'm just gonna roll with that i'm looking online about your fingers community go through there be divine design in fights with tris will hit fire the whole 10 act system before this three-point there are announcement you're talking about identifying an issue in the action RPG genre and i addressing that how do you feel what is that issue firstly and how you feel like the taxes than interesting.

C: and traditionally action RPGs like being able to 12 part of exile for example have required that you play through the game several times before you reach whatever the endgame is essentially a tribe now and yeah it's kind of a new game+ and you gain + + systems for the use of other types of games and so for a very long time player happy to have additional content to play right like a platicar finished the end of normal then there will be less with a game that if there was the ability to Plato and see how your character fares against super-hard versions of sense for those from the beach and there's the problem haha you're playing through stuff that's kind of designed to be early in the game yeah and the thing where people say i want cruel to be incredibly hard when you start off because you know he had difficulty jump all the way I of Monsters is just laughably cheap right like it's designed so that the tenant moves around education issues during the zombie kind of wanders around and you don't hate you because he's a zombie you know it is designed to be the beginning of the game not halfway through the game and so the problem that people found was the kind of this isn't really that fun to replace certain parts of that you know the course would be awesome bit by the dried lake with totally happy to get that right leg again it is more farming but a lot of the game really needed to be different if you're playing it a second time and in addition from a retention point of view we know that we get players into the Atlas we own a player soul right like that there are there is a bit incomplete eyes to the company after that point it was thought about and for the existing playthrough and the beginning we have no retention issues if you're playing to the storyline the story is compelling and some people don't finish the game for whatever reason it's certainly not the same as when they're playing through the second of the difficulties which were just to repeat in fact there's a point on the graph where you finish the first playthrough and you get to the second nice say what I have to do this again and some percentage of people leave now despite this the game growing popularity and was very successful and that's all well and good but it was certainly a leak you know it's a hole that we have to fix and different games over prices that's different way that you know the other three has adventure mode and they do not have multiple to fuji level that you play through the ever dynamic difficulty system where you can kind of tailor it to your character and have some scaling and so on we didn't want to do that and so we have done this accepts in this release which increase the games site for ten acts before the end game and this is the thing we were referring to a while ago mr. the problem with the a traditional action-rpg trope so we wanted to address and the example we gave her the time was like the flask system where the amplitude has potions that you back from the sharpness but family having to buy them in their kind of modulus and similar and so we want a flask three fellers other games have done different things like stacking potions or red balls you have to run over on the ground or region and so on and so all the games handle it in different ways and this is our way to have a 10x player with a second 5x are entirely fanservice when you revisit reminiscent stuff from the past and find out what happened to us

Z: do you think that particular decision will help with bio retention that you're returning but that it's a bit different around

C: well on one hand it doesn't feel the same time playthrough as you place for yourself and we pretty much the moment is most similar as I guess you're in like the mud flaps which is a visually similar Zone the two times apart from the new architecture but the monsters are different and pretty much everything else after that point has a very different tone to it right there but forgot handling aspects of this and the fact that you're going completely different path you're constantly and this playthrough finding kind of block areas where i could go through the floorboard I have to do now and finding other ways around but in addition there's the fanservice think way if you enjoyed the story or even just the existence of the first half of the game then the second half kind of answers all the questions where is mr. what does that help people save her oh she's looking for the survey class that's not going to go well for her when I see her again you know and businesses throughout the action various different places and the idea of you know chevron who created bruises saying all you you made my go to pieces so i'm going to put it back together we're going to get you at the top of my Tower and this kind of stuff when you get to kind of hear about things in the first place to an experienced them in this and the lure of the uniques and so on it plays into you know situations that you get to encounter and so we feel that it is much more than just six new acts from the point of view of us you actually likes all things that you said about in the past

Z: so the loan good display that we're going to add six sacks to bring up to 10 accident all this problem with the action RPG genre best and you actually manage that

C: this is true our company's core DNA is about clever use of content right and action RPGs right but we basically when we sat down at the beginning there were three of us and we said the only way that we're going to make this using up your meager life savings is to find clever ways to reuse condoms your the level generations that has to be extreme that I don't have to be incredibly deep there has to be a lot of stuff without having to actually just mass make an entirely large-scale game yeah now since that point we have some tens of millions of dollars into mass large-scale game so there is a lot of content there but the immense amount of ways that your visitors like you know every time that is used several different times throughout the game and in this map versions of it as arenas and you know that the Leo fight you know sorry they are freedom fighters and you know at certain times and so on there's so much we use of stuff and this you know the league's for example we make a league and then we get to use it as potentially erase we get to use animals and sections of math mods and legacy League all sorts of things and so when making these six acts were already making these 5x I should say connect five isn't having your content so the additional 5x here are very clever remix of the existing stuff that we have where in some cases things that we created for atlas of worlds was also intended to be used here so we get the ability to take a twist on Alice map the beacon for example is an idea is an example that and so there are places where we get a double-dip various content with myself elsewhere only avenues and interesting we're here but the men day for the team is basically being do this in the most cost-effective way because if we apply everything we've learned over the last decade and is entirely possible frustrated 5x and the time they would normally takes me one or two and then over the last couple of years and parallel we've been working on this and it's all coming together now

Z: so how do you ensure then that this didn't just become what people fear that like reskin of the previous acts and that actually felt significant graduate while taking advantage of that my skill of reusing who

C: when we were initially planning this I suspect we wanted it to be more of an additional reskin right the initial scope is the minimum amount required to make it an interesting place with the areas again and the team of delivered to so much more than that so that it worries me like playing through i am amazed on a daily basis and the subtlety of the stuff and how cool it is like it go into acts 2 and then back out again because of the fact that they worked out the road is open all the stuff yeah and that only gets more crazy as we get further down this so the team has gone above and beyond the initial mandate right like we said okay no new monsters just ate the existing want to use a different ways a few reasons and they may be monsters right like this there's so much cool stuff for the teams put together for us to make sure that it doesn't feel repetitive and that's kind of feeling of fanservice enjoy as you find out of all these cool things and I got to experience that myself because I've been working internally on spearheading gum the China projects and working on overseeing business stuff and keeping a close eye on the itemization path of exile but not the creation of Acts i actually got to kind of save myself from having seen x 5 through 10 and only get to check them out recently when they were in a really good state label the same feeling that you did a few days ago and the community does

Z: sweet this is awesome so x5 nothing designed with this jewel part system in mind because all the other ones you kind of adapted to you come back to and here's the story lines but x5 has been made at the same time was yes like always the intention that you have two parts back 54

C: there is a specific plot reason why you have to go better a classroom while you're doing all of the godslayer why you're here working towards the point where you get to return to arias and axten and finalize the fall of us you know there's there's there's lots of there but I don't want to spoil and so when the team in designing at five they're completely aware of the fact that there's also the six through ten arc and it means we get to save some of the most awesome impressive stuff for active

Z: okay so some of the stuff that you might have just put in at five and kind of condensed it down you've been able to spread out and bring out into the second version

C: absolutely i'm planning out from the start was a lot better than finishing at five and anything with to another five and having to go and read Connor things already finished and release right you know if we if we take the Beast right for and put it at the end of activity hey guys you've already killed the baseball moving a basic facts that will be a problem so we're not doing that with we're doing new content

Z: let's sort of like I know you don't spoil everything but what sort of story complaints expect to get out of this whole tax system

C: there's an overarching story arc here that's what the players are gradually beginning to put together and I say that by reading part of different peoples comments and assuming there's one out there was just reading the same part than those the entire story most of the information is there and you'll notice that over the last few weeks have been a lot of unique spiraled into the game that deal with God's right there are items themed around the various gods like took a hammer and a breath and so on and if you're careful and read a lot of flavor text and listen to a lot of stories stones and stuff you can put together quite a lot of the story and then the subtle Clues right there's a there's a symbol is being used extensively throughout the game as i've recently which ties a lot of the stuff together and yeah it's it's pretty easy for people to gradually put it together we expect by the time they play it don't have hopes that the hopes what they're going to see and hopefully they'll be pleased with that

Z: of the stuff thank you very much

C: welcome

Thank you for generously giving us hours of fun trying to decipher this.

"there is a specific plot reason why you have to go better a classroom"
I assume this should read 'butter a classroom', it probably has something to do with that game development seminar some of the GGG staff attended.

"when we sat down at the beginning there were three of us and we said the only way that we're going to make this using up your meager life savings is to find clever ways to reuse condoms"
Washing and lubricating them again would probably work a few more times, but rolling them back might be tricky, dunno what to think of this one.

"i'm just gonna roll with that i'm looking online about your fingers community go through there be divine design"
This can only mean 'we have our fingers firmly on the community pulse', makes sense.

"it's designed so that the tenant moves around education issues during the zombie kind of wanders around and you don't hate you because he's a zombie"
I see, the educational system indeed fails to address the issue of discrimination against wand-using zombies.

"by the dried lake with totally happy to get that right leg again"
It's confirmed, Wirt coming to wraeclast as guest NPC. Gods can apparently do anything, including bringing the secret cow level to PoE.

"we know that if we get players into the Atlas we own a player's soul"
Wait... he actually said that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 22, 2017, 6:00:46 AM
"
MeWhenum wrote:

Pirating is pretty stupid, yeah...but Adblock? Lol. I wouldn't mind watching ads if they weren't 90% eye cancer/malware. Try using poetrade without Adblock and let me know how many crashes/viruses you get. At minimum you will get obnoxious popups and random blaring ads in the background.

In the age where every site is just information diahrrea I feel like Adblock is akin to sunscreen at this point. Current generation definitely has issues but I don't think wanting to use Adblock is one of them.

To be honest, Adblock is just as stupid as piracy, for the "exact" same reasons - in a lot of cases. I use it myself from time to time, though I hardly ever surf the deep end of the web to meet these "malware filled" ads.

But adblock DOES fit into this "I want everything for free"-generation. How many percent of adblock user do you think uses the "off-button" when they serf their local newspaper? Or Youtube? Or other places they visit a lot, drain their services and never think about their sources of income?

I agree that a lot of ads ARE indeed cancer, and adblock is a must in those cases. But using the "off-button" from time to time is "the right thing to do".

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

they are not free
Every action has a cost

Therefor watching a video content producer that you dislike has a cost, a cost of giving it more views therefor more credibility therefor people will justify giving him more content to sprees because of the view even if the same content could be spread by more qualified people

No, they are not free. Because the information you're looking for is a service provided bye someone who needs income to provide said services. You want these services, but are not willing to pay the price. Why do you still feel entitled to this information?

Aaaah, coffee. I need it. Just woke up!

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 22, 2017, 6:56:48 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont want to give him views and pretty much all information that GGG gives us is gated behind Giving this streamer that i find boring and unentertaining more views

this would be much appreciated, from the comments i saw, this looks promissing, im looking forward to learn more

I dont hate the information we get, im pretty thankful to GGG but, having it delivered by who you know and him being pushed down our throat by GGG feels like Drinking your favorite flavour of KoolAid from a toilet

I will avoid giving more views to your forum threads in the futur ;)
Well i will try at least. Are you working for a clickbait media or something like that ? You are really good at that.

I'm actually hired by GGG to keep the forum people busy and strengthen their blind loyalty to GGG
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
How can you like him?

Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
How can you like him?

The problem is that people thing I dislike the person
But I just dislike the streamer
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Kaorix wrote:
Why all the hate, mate?
welcome to the millenial Era

Where everything has to be an extreme!

You cannot just dislike somebody's creation/content/style, nope you have to hate him

we can see this with people that dont like some ideologies carried by some religion like Islam, these people are called racist as soon as they say they dont like x or Y

also this thread is a good example of the whiteknighting/fanboy mentality running on these forums and reddit. I ask for a transcript and say why i cannot watch the video and people completely ignore 99% of the question and feel the need to defend what they believe in

Its like if you order a Pizza, ask for an Alldressed but ask no Mushrooms cuz you dont like mushrooms and the waiter is like "OMG you hate mushrooms! How why?" for hours. Meanwhile i still dont have my pizza :(
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 22, 2017, 7:51:56 AM
See? This is exactly why I got a fair bit of respect for public personalities in general, including streamers. Well, you'll rarely hear me dissing something I'd be unlikely to perform well, and not everyone can exactly become a popular streamer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Phrazz I get what you mean...you feel like we ought to pay for services with our time by watching ads. It makes sense. But I'll agree to disagree about Adblock being a "gimme gimme" tool. It's more of a lazy tool to me. I don't want to worry about which sites have obstructive ads and I'm not willing to spend time figuring it out, so I just turn on Adblock and forget about it. Sometimes sites won't even function properly because of all the ads it tries to load when you first visit it. The Information Age has come at a price - companies face stiffer and stiffer competition for our attention and resort to more and more annoying and dirty ad tactics to get it. I just don't feel like sifting through it all because every view I give a cancer ad, I become a datum and reinforce the use of that ad.

If companies cleaned up ther marketing departments then I'd delete Adblock and never look back.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Feb 22, 2017, 8:24:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info