New Meta with Support Guardian 30k+ ES (Really GGG?)

OP actually thought this game had a party vs. solo balance kekekekekeke

game since closed beta has always been USE SUPPORT CLASS TO PUSH TOP OF LADDER OR GROUP TO DO MAP ROTAs

what game have you been playing all these years? This is nothing new and it doesn't need to be fixed. The support chars cant even do anything but just follow someone else around. Like that sounds like the most boring shit ever but people love it so leave it be.

IF you so worried OP get a friend to play support for you..............
S L O W E R
"
Mannoth wrote:
Can only imagine what a 30k ES Vaal Righteous Fire explosion does to a boss ;)

One-Shots Kuduku at least for sure! BHahaHAha
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Let's not pretend poe was ever solo friendly to begin with.

Ladder has always been a faster climb as a team. Better xp in parties, better map drops, the ability to have support builds like this being a force multiplier.

POE was never a solo game, some forum trolls will tell you there's nothing preventing you from playing solo but these are generally stupid posts.

The fact that you say group play gives better map drops shows that you know nothing about party mechanics. The chance of a Map dropping is not affected by party size.

Party vs solo play in PoE was always a trade-off. Party clear speed could be better than solo but only if party members didn't slack. But you would get less currency and drops per divided per player compared to solo and some other factors.

In the old leagues pretty much every person in top ladder was grinding maps solo for the most character time played. Sure they would start as a team to skip acts faster, but still end up grinding solo or with one mate most of the time, which is not possible anymore if you want to be high in ratings.

"
ampdecay wrote:
OP actually thought this game had a party vs. solo balance kekekekekeke

game since closed beta has always been USE SUPPORT CLASS TO PUSH TOP OF LADDER OR GROUP TO DO MAP ROTAs

what game have you been playing all these years? This is nothing new and it doesn't need to be fixed. The support chars cant even do anything but just follow someone else around. Like that sounds like the most boring shit ever but people love it so leave it be.

IF you so worried OP get a friend to play support for you..............

Idk where you have been, but before 2.2 most of the top10 lvl100s were done in solo or sometimes with a friend or two. No hard requirements like - if you don't get your team mate to play this, this and that then you have no chance.

Solo player could've gotten lvl100 first and that happened in many leagues. But not anymore, if you dont have at least a support with you in party, then forget it.
"
2i0 wrote:
To OP
Not everyone plays for push ladders and being "competitive" at this game....for the most part Party gameplay is really awful due the engine limitations and the level design. I dont think majority joins Public Parties at all.

Ascendancy's goal is let players explore different play styles, that is obviously good but with GGG's rotation philosophy feels like they forcing us to quit the play style you like rather than invite you to give a shot in other ones, what i mean is Guardian could gone next league because of this MTG philosophy and not about your overreaction over the "30K" ES with supports.

Removing play styles is actually what would lead into D3 direction....maybe it's already happening since they "disabled" Vacuum farming and few other alternatives but because of the engine issues that is the biggest downside of this game since closed beta.

Ascendancy was good idea but it wasn't providing extra playstyles exploration, it was actually doing the opposite by limiting certain builds with less option of class selection due to very fiting bonuses from certain subclasses.

But noones talking about removing builds or playstyles, we are just begging for balance. We were dealing with it since 2.2, while supporting didn't become popular enough, but right not its out of hands since people finaly start realising how overpowered it is compared to the other playstyles.

The thing is community takes that stuff slow and if we don't understand direction in which the game is heading in 1-2 leagues it's gonna be too late.

I've played D3 for a long time, while watching developers ruin it from patch to patch and right now D3 is forcing players to group as a full party otherwise they just can't compete while having to make 2-3 out of 4 players supports or party will be too weak, that's is what ruined D3 and i don't same thing to happen with PoE.
I am pretty sure the first 100s in the past were gifted maps and items left and right by their bitchboys. Now the bitchboys can play with their bitchmasters as well. What's the difference? The ones with the bitchboys will always play with an unfair advantage. Deal with it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am pretty sure the first 100s in the past were gifted maps and items left and right by their bitchboys. Now the bitchboys can play with their bitchmasters as well. What's the difference? The ones with the bitchboys will always play with an unfair advantage. Deal with it.

Gifted maps and currency boosts by guildies is different. It gives bonus but doesn't make content easier. While supporting is a benefit without any loss, it's like flawless nobrainer since your chances of killing the character are ten times less.
Last edited by chistor_ on Sep 23, 2016, 5:04:18 PM
"
chistor_ wrote:

Gifted maps and currency boosts by guildies is different. It gives bonus but doesn't make content easier. While supporting is a benefit without any loss, it's like flawless nobrainer since your chances of killing the character are ten times less.

I know u tried to find a good support for u but u couldnt.
This problem is yours if u dont have friends.

Working together gets the advantage in most life situations. Its normal ;-)
⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞ ☼ EVIL ☼ ⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞
Clan ‡Evil‡ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
Last edited by Lazer_Death on Sep 24, 2016, 2:59:11 AM
"
chistor_ wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Uhm... well that would require the content to be hard in the first time. A Pathfinder without a support can stand basically for the whole fight in front of the shaper while using Flasks and spamming Bladevortex. There isn't any possible way a Support can make that even easier. Now maybe if a support is able to cast Blade Vortex and use Flasks for the one he supports it might be easier, but that's not possible.

"
Idk where you have been, but before 2.2 most of the top10 lvl100s were done in solo or sometimes with a friend or two. No hard requirements like - if you don't get your team mate to play this, this and that then you have no chance.

No, a lot of them played together. Not in the long leagues, because you couldn't schedule times that efficiently, because you might sit on the opposite site of the world. But exspecially in shorter races groups were mostly dominating. That was the reason GGG made some solo only events.

Also how has leveling to 100 have anything to do with doing hard content? A Guardian doesn't provide reasonable clearspeed, actually he might slow you down, due to how insane fast some builds are. Leveling to 100 only depends on how fast you could clear gorge or plateau, and a guardian doesn't really help here.

"
The fact that you say group play gives better map drops shows that you know nothing about party mechanics. The chance of a Map dropping is not affected by party size.

I assume he meant better drops in maps, which is a huge benefit. A group roles one map, but gets currency for six people, which gives a huge benefit rolling or buying additional maps. Mapping is incredible superior in groups.
"

I assume he meant better drops in maps, which is a huge benefit. A group roles one map, but gets currency for six people, which gives a huge benefit rolling or buying additional maps. Mapping is incredible superior in groups.[/quote]

But again, grouping doesn't provide same amount of currency. For each extra player you receive +50% quantity in orb drops, which would result into 350% in full party, meaning each individual player will gets only 58% of what he could drop in solo if divided between team mates. And that's what i mean group play was encouraged and profitable but only if team cooperates right and manages goods, otherwise it might go worse than solo.

"
Also how has leveling to 100 have anything to do with doing hard content? A Guardian doesn't provide reasonable clearspeed, actually he might slow you down, due to how insane fast some builds are. Leveling to 100 only depends on how fast you could clear gorge or plateau, and a guardian doesn't really help here.

Clearing speed is important yes, but support doesn't slow it too much in the first hand since it's really easy to collect overkill damage to outrun that +60% monster hp bonus, especially becouse you can sacrifice some of your defences while having buffs from support.

"
Uhm... well that would require the content to be hard in the first time. A Pathfinder without a support can stand basically for the whole fight in front of the shaper while using Flasks and spamming Bladevortex. There isn't any possible way a Support can make that even easier. Now maybe if a support is able to cast Blade Vortex and use Flasks for the one he supports it might be easier, but that's not possible.

Vinktar BV abuse is different story, it's mostlikely getting nerfed but has nothing to do with support problem. But yeah, people facetanking double beam and stuff is hilarious and i can't see GGG keeping that mechanic in the game.
Last edited by chistor_ on Sep 25, 2016, 2:19:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info