New Meta with Support Guardian 30k+ ES (Really GGG?)

"
2i0 wrote:
To OP
Not everyone plays for push ladders and being "competitive" at this game....for the most part Party gameplay is really awful due the engine limitations and the level design. I dont think majority joins Public Parties at all.

Ascendancy's goal is let players explore different play styles, that is obviously good but with GGG's rotation philosophy feels like they forcing us to quit the play style you like rather than invite you to give a shot in other ones, what i mean is Guardian could gone next league because of this MTG philosophy and not about your overreaction over the "30K" ES with supports.

Removing play styles is actually what would lead into D3 direction....maybe it's already happening since they "disabled" Vacuum farming and few other alternatives but because of the engine issues that is the biggest downside of this game since closed beta.

"removing playstyles" is what actually happens when one playstyle (read - play with support) vastly dominates over another (read - play solo or in party without supports).
PoE is ARPG, not MMO. In MMO, it's completely OK, when different classes vastly complement each other in a party. But in ARPG, is shouldnt be a thing. Sure, players can help each other with some buffs and debuffs, but PoE went quite far away from "small help", and came rather into MMO area.... Which isnt good at all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
2i0 wrote:
To OP
Not everyone plays for push ladders and being "competitive" at this game....for the most part Party gameplay is really awful due the engine limitations and the level design. I dont think majority joins Public Parties at all.

Ascendancy's goal is let players explore different play styles, that is obviously good but with GGG's rotation philosophy feels like they forcing us to quit the play style you like rather than invite you to give a shot in other ones, what i mean is Guardian could gone next league because of this MTG philosophy and not about your overreaction over the "30K" ES with supports.

Removing play styles is actually what would lead into D3 direction....maybe it's already happening since they "disabled" Vacuum farming and few other alternatives but because of the engine issues that is the biggest downside of this game since closed beta.

"removing playstyles" is what actually happens when one playstyle (read - play with support) vastly dominates over another (read - play solo or in party without supports).
PoE is ARPG, not MMO. In MMO, it's completely OK, when different classes vastly complement each other in a party. But in ARPG, is shouldnt be a thing. Sure, players can help each other with some buffs and debuffs, but PoE went quite far away from "small help", and came rather into MMO area.... Which isnt good at all.

In a game designed around Auras or Buffs, at some point the player base would have figured out that having a dude stack all of them and just run around would be a thing.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Kreygasm KappaPride
Last edited by isprik3 on Sep 23, 2016, 11:11:59 AM
Let's not pretend poe was ever solo friendly to begin with.

Ladder has always been a faster climb as a team. Better xp in parties, better map drops, the ability to have support builds like this being a force multiplier.

POE was never a solo game, some forum trolls will tell you there's nothing preventing you from playing solo but these are generally stupid posts.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 23, 2016, 10:50:51 AM
I dont have that much ES and no support.
if you do some quick tree math effectively the bonus es you can get from mana falls right around the 800 to 1200 area

and this mind you was from calculations inwhich i had 150% increased mana and 10 - 11 grand spectrum jewels

at the same time discipline would add roughly 500+ es depending on level which is roughly 200 es over what normal displine would give

so ultimately we are talking 1500 es with mental levels investment into mana . so to say this is an easy thing to do... is failing to appreciate just how much mana you would need to make it feel amazing (hint 6000+)

mana on gear could push this maybe to 8000 mana.. but we are talking fantastic gear and high level guardians

also keep in mind that the guardian himself could quite possibly not have ANYWHERE near the es you do .. which will make him vulnerable.

this is because to get this kind of mana you need to burn some of your other stats .. be it curses .. or your es

and having really good gear will be needed to get that guardian close to 10k es

and really the only league where cobalt spectrum jewels are *cheap* is softcore essence... hardcore is already seeing a pretty considerable uptick in cost to the point where a set of them could cost 2+ exa .. which sure isnt a ton of money .. but its not nothing either
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 23, 2016, 11:14:11 AM
I just wanna mention to OP, the only one you have to compete with in this game is yourself ^^ no need to compare yourself to others, you go at your own pace. If you like solo, play solo; It is not as if this game is un-viable solo, if that was the case, then we have a problem.

Personally, I like grand spec mana guardians, it's like the PoE's version of battle orders for es builds; I find it nice for different builds to be able to bring something different to the party, because that encourages party play which is something ARPGs should have imo.

This part mainly for GGG if they read:
Spoiler
As for the stats, on avg if done right, a mana guardian will bring 2.7-3k worth of flat ES for your teammates, with the guardian himself at around 9k-12kes depending on gear. Whether that is too much is ultimately going to be up to GGG to decide. If they do decide to change it, they should adjust it so that the flat es granted to other members is lower than that to the guardian himself, because the guardian himself is not super tanky. He has virtually no block (cuz he'd be using pledge) and relies alot on the attacker+decoytotem&stone golem for survivability, there is also cwdt immortal call whenever someone on team conduits end charges but it is only for physical damage and if he takes any burst damage, can still get killed. His only form of sustain is pretty much ES regen, which depending on how the player is building their guardian will be obtained thru zealot's oath/sorrow of divine/ or shav ring with possible combination of time of need.

For reference, here is an example guardian tree customized to work with my own self-cast double curse discharger:

I just hope this won't affect balance for solo play at some point. Have your invincible boring toons, by all means - just don't touch monster stats based on those circumstances ;)
"
"
chistor_ wrote:
"
Why is this an issue it's a support that's it job like wtf lol

The job of support to make everyone in party unkillable, are you serious?

Well yes? LOL what else is he suppose to do get out of here this has been a proper play style for YEARS Y E A R S

No it isn't a proper playstyle since years it is broken shit that dodged the nerf hammer for too long. The solo vs. group disparity in poe is a completely ridiculous aspect of the game.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 23, 2016, 1:02:01 PM
Honestly we have to consider two things here:

a) a Bladevortex Pathfinder wo might have 15k ES on his own anyway.
b) The fact that he is almost unkillable already
c) The fact that just having a second Pathfinder that does exactly the same is already a huge advantage over any solo player because they increase currency without having to roll more maps, they have twice the damage without enemies having twice the HP and they could even synergize some Auras even that way.

So you don't need a Guardian to get a huge benefit in group play. Solo play never at any point was able to compete with groups. And to be fair the benefits of being almost unkillable is far lower than the benefits you already gain in terms of currency and mapping.

Right now I'm playing a RF-Totem build and my friend plays Warchief Totems. The fact that I have an almost unkillable Decoy Totem trivilizes a lot of fights already... exspecially every fight that is mainly based on fire damage...

There are so many ways to completly trivilize most boss encounters and one of the most efficient ways is to just overwhelm them with damage. And that is what groups were able to do since... well since groups existed. And the bigger the group the less need there was for a supporter since they could use most auras already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info