New Meta with Support Guardian 30k+ ES (Really GGG?)

"
e1337donkey wrote:
The support character honestly doesn't fit these kind of games anyway.. its not like your fighting raid bosses or doing some sort of group pvp fight.

It's pretty broken to be walking around making every enemy into utter trash and your allies into complete gods. And 30K ES... that's a little over the top.

But this just joins the list of concepts and mechanics that GGG haven't really thought out to well and balanced. With the implementation of the Guardian... they kind of sealed the deal with this. Auras are very strong, curses are very strong. People will find and abuse any sort of advantage they can get to be the top in any game.

So no.. you can't compete with that. I wouldn't expect GGG to change anything though. I wouldn't worry about it that much though, PoE is not a truly competitive game.

Keep in mind 30k is not limit it can go much higher. And yes supporting doesn't fit this game especially when most combo is 1 DD + 1 support. The right balance would be to make support effective only in full party and not so good with less people in it.
I would say support just doesn't fit mainly because there isn't really any skill involved. You just walk around with automatic buffs surrounding you. While casting a few curses. There isn't really a set of skills that can be used to actually support someone. By merely you existing on screen, you destroy the game.

It can be baffling as to why this exists in the first place. The game can't be balanced around the fact that a character has 5,6,7,8 auras and enemies have 3 curses on them. It would alienate the rest of the player base.

In a most general case, the support type character are much weaker by themselves. They need to be protected so they can continue to provide a large benefit to other players around them. They don't really need that protection in PoE. Enemies don't focus down a specific player. Or their mechanics don't lend themselves to 1v2+ character fights.

I'm sure if GGG started working on a brand new game, they would probably look at stuff like this. But PoE has been out for years, so unfortunately... I don't see much happening with it. You will continue too see top ladder pushes with supports and new bosses added in that 2+ groups kill without much effort.
Right now we are not talking about the fact that supporting doesn't fit the game, which is true for sure.

The problem is supporting came out of control, even without Grand Spectrum mana abuse it's too overpowered. But with, it's completely retarded.

I don't want to be forced having aurabot dude following me in maps all the time like a homeless dog in order to be competitive in ladder.
I_NO still trolling the forums? :D
"
SuperMotte wrote:
I_NO still trolling the forums? :D

Shit I don't troll I do make truthful statements while making fun of the OP because he wants to shit on support classes who have been doing their job for years and years and suddenly some random guy like the OP thinks he can shit on them? Pfft fuck that

Apathy defense force up in this.

And I'm solo player supfreshturnaby linking
for no reason now I'm trolling.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 23, 2016, 3:56:08 AM
"
chistor_ wrote:
Right now we are not talking about the fact that supporting doesn't fit the game, which is true for sure.

The problem is supporting came out of control, even without Grand Spectrum mana abuse it's too overpowered. But with, it's completely retarded.

I don't want to be forced having aurabot dude following me in maps all the time like a homeless dog in order to be competitive in ladder.

That sounds reasonable!
All those TV shows aren't gonna watch themselves, no?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
can you provide a screenshot of a char with 30k es and decent (not op) damage?
I call this bs, I played with supports of different classes and while they buff damage a lot, they never pushed my CI main char over 15k (18-19k with vaal discipline) and I have 11,7k by my own

edit: I looked at your chars and you play only life builds so you're not entitled to talk about es and stuff related to it
Last edited by DarkWap on Sep 23, 2016, 5:16:55 AM
"
morbo wrote:
All those TV shows aren't gonna watch themselves, no?

Kek.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
30k ES obviously must be nerfed lol. Its just exploit.
rus/en, GMT+4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info