Mechanical Questions Thread

I played a assassin BF poison character recently , and i want to know the "Penetrate Chaos Resistance " can affect the hit damage therefore affect the poison damage or not. Does the hit damage relevant to poison damage or not ? like the "Replica Eternity Shroud" " Hits ignore Enemy Monster Chaos Resistance if all Equipped Items are Elder Items" can affect the hit damage ,therefore increase the poison damage ?
"
Ravenose wrote:
This one is wierd so if i take Ancestral Bond can my projectiles From my Totems get the flame wall damage and damage over time effect from self cast flame wall
That should work fine. Ancestral Bond prevents you from dealing damage with your skills yourself, but in this case your totems are dealing damage, and Flame Wall is allowed to augment it.
"
corosou wrote:
Quick one...

What is the result of Beast Crafting 30% Corruption on this?

Will it lower the DPS since it's already 34? or does it still consider it at base 20% and increase it to total 56%?

Thanks
I assume you've Hillocked it to 28%, since 28 + 18 = 46. In that case, the 30% quality beastcraft affects the "inherent" quality, raising it from 28% to 30%. The local explicit mod will apply on top of that, for a total of 48%.
"
askoban007 wrote:
Hi, I am considering a build with Replica Dreamfeather (armor stack). If we want more armor, then we want to use a shield with armor. Hence a shield throw comes to mind.
Question: Does "1% increased Attack Damage per 450 Armor" affect the increased damage of a shield throw? It seems (in PoB) the evasion affects.
The Сhampion has a lot of armor. Physical damage from a shield throw + impale looks promising. https://pastebin.com/dZkTqtz3
Conditional mods (such as X per Y) are always global.
"
Bleed vs Overwhelm

Does Overwhelm improve bleeds damage?

How is it possible that I am trying to get this answer for 3 days and none know?
I assume not but I need a confirmation, plz.
Overwhelm only applies to Hit damage, not damage over time.
"
galagrum wrote:
Hi, Is the Headsman node from the Slayer working with DoTs ?
The phrasing is `More Damage` but PoB and PoB fork only increase the hit damage, not the bleed damage. Is it a PoB bug, or is DoT damage not affected by this ascendancy node ?
It should work just fine. However, there's a mechanical quirk of the game engine where modifiers to damage dealt cannot apply to non-Ailment damage over time, because a hit is required to check the monster's state. Sometimes these apply only to hits, such as Flame Surge's bonus against Burning enemies. Sometimes they apply to Ailments as well, such as Singularity's bonus against Hindered enemies, in which case I believe the state is checked when the Ailment is applied. Since Bleeding is an Ailment, it probably doesn't matter either way, so this is most likely a PoB bug.
"
aneruok1 wrote:
Hi. I am trying to figure out what support gems and passives to get to scale the damage from Death Wish skill from Maw of Mischief. It seems annoying to try and figure out as it doesn't say in-game.
The stats offered are only of the first spell. For example, Arcane Surge gem only shows a checkmark that it can work and increases the damage of the skill, but that's only for the fire damage and not the minion explosion. I did look into PoB fork and poedb but they don't list it there either as far as I can tell.

Please clarify:

1. What tags does the skill have that can be scaled?

2. What gems work with the explosion? for example, I am wondering about the two below:

2a. Does Infused Channelling Support work for the explosion? The explosion itself isnt channelled....

2b. Does Minion support damage and elemental army support work? I assume not but asking anyways

I know it is only spell damage that doesn't affect it, so I've been using regular methods of scaling like elemental focus and fire pen but please let me know what does or doesn't work. Thanks

The skill itself has no tags, since it isn't from a gem, but the damage is Area and Fire. The numeric part is also Spell damage, while the part scaling with Minion life is Secondary damage; that's what a skill means when it says that damage isn't affected by modifiers to attack/spell damage. My interpretation is that the Spell damage is dealt by Death Wish, while the Secondary damage is dealt by the minion. So Infused Channelling on Death Wish will scale the numeric damage, while Minion Damage/Elemental Army Support on the skill that creates the minions will scale the Secondary part.
"
humudu wrote:
Increased damage taken to enemies!

After researching, it seems that no one is able to answer this so far.

My question is: Purifying flame with the lab enchant:
Consecrated Ground from purifying flame applies 9% increased damage taken to enemies

Does this effect stack with the bottled faith one for a total of 19% increased damage taken?

Or does the highest one win, or a random one, or what?

(There is also an alternative gem effect: Consecrated Ground from purifying flame applies 5% increased damage taken to enemies) Does this stack (too?)?

Cheers!
All increased damage taken modifiers stack, unless they're named debuffs like Intimidate or Ash, which don't stack with themselves (but they stack with each other).
"
fendywang wrote:
I played a assassin BF poison character recently , and i want to know the "Penetrate Chaos Resistance " can affect the hit damage therefore affect the poison damage or not. Does the hit damage relevant to poison damage or not ? like the "Replica Eternity Shroud" " Hits ignore Enemy Monster Chaos Resistance if all Equipped Items are Elder Items" can affect the hit damage ,therefore increase the poison damage ?
Penetration only applies to Hit damage, not to damage over time, even if the damage was from an Ailment.
Either this is a bug or im not understanding the mechanics:

I am using Hexblast and have high chance to freeze (basically 100%) using divergent frostbite and curse effect.

The targeted monster always shatters but others (damaged by the AoE portion of the skill) rarely do. Im pretty sure i can only freeze with the single target part of the skill.

Interestingly SOME other monsters also shatter but rarely. Id say like every 10th monster does while the directly targeted ones always do.

What i have tried already is:

diamond shrine in eternal lab: also not shattering with the AoE
removed impending doom from self cast frostbite - no effect
put frostbite in vixens entrapment (to make sure the aoe part doesnt remove frostbite before hitting) and selfcast another curse - no effect

please help. it feels bad to only freeze single monsters and not packs :(
Last edited by Vdrgängr on Oct 7, 2020, 4:34:12 PM
Hey guys, anyone know why "+1 to level " of any job from rogues gear not working? For example:

My rogue is not taking +1 to Lockpick lvl from this
Last edited by freewinyoyo on Oct 7, 2020, 3:37:46 PM
What is this eye in Heist? I killed everyone near it and there is nothing on its place.
The eye is constantly moving through the walls, suddenly dissappears. What is its purpose?
Noticied it is on perception job only.

There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
Tell me pls, Herald of Purity provide damage/movement buff to other minions? (not sentinels)
Hello :)
Can anyone explain me why i don't recover my hp (2951/2961) while leeching ?
https://youtu.be/IEpaCQimdjk if you want to see
thanks
"
Programysh wrote:
What is this eye in Heist? I killed everyone near it and there is nothing on its place.
The eye is constantly moving through the walls, suddenly dissappears. What is its purpose?
Noticied it is on perception job only.

Nenet detects the patrols, its her quirk from perception job.
"
gibouz wrote:
thanks

Are u using any sort of reservation with blood magic, I assume your precision like lv 1 its being reserved in a blood magic type of way.
"
"
gibouz wrote:
thanks

Are u using any sort of reservation with blood magic, I assume your precision like lv 1 its being reserved in a blood magic type of way.

hm, yeah its lvl1 but i don't have blood magic, if yes i don't know where it will come from. I will check later. ty
Last edited by gibouz on Oct 8, 2020, 5:56:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info