Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello. I've got a few in-depth questions....that might seem silly since I've just started.

Channelling skills. If I understand it correctly, the cast time is actually time between separate instances of the spell that each apply damage and triggers. I've noticed that there are passives with specific modifier for channeling speed, so I assume that they cut down this time. Is it also affected by generic cast speed modifiers?

Little bit about damage modifiers. Do different modifiers stack additively or multiplicatively, e.g. having +100% cold damage, +100% elemental damage and +100% spell damage result in damage of cold spell being boosted to 400% or 800%?

And about travel spells. Lightning Warp, is the delay between cast and teleport fixed at moment of cast, or is it changed in the interval if user moves, like frostblinking in the opposite direction?
Leap Slam, can the flight time itself be modified in any way, and what kind of damage can be avoided while in flight? I noticed I can leap over labyrinth traps, but while I'm not really sure, I think that at least sometimes I was hit by other means while in flight.

AoE of non-circular spells, how exactly is it enhanced by modifiers? Say, Incinerate, will the cone be lengthened while maintaining the same width at terminal point, thus narrowing it over most of its length, lengthened while maintaining angle, or increased angle while maintaining or increasing range?
Edit: I mean both Incinerate's primary fire stream and the final shockwave.
Last edited by ExiledSarin on Oct 17, 2020, 1:09:24 AM
If you have Inspiration Charges, does the Inspiration Support apply its elemental damage and critical strike chance multipliers to minion skills? The wording makes me unsure. I know minions cannot gain Inspiration Charges, but the wording makes it seem as though the mods scale with player Inspiration Charges regardless of what it supports.
same name in-game
Hello,

I tried to research this online, but I didn't find any results (at least for the 1st question), so I thought that I should ask the pros.

I have a summoner build with 2 hungry loop rings.

My 1st question is: can any catalyst improve the socketed/consumed gems?

The 1st ring has:
Active gem: Anomalous Raise Zombie
Support 1: Impale
Support 2: Melee Physical Damage
Support 3: Multistrike
Support 4: Minion Damage

The 2st ring has:
Active gem: Anomalous Raise Spectre
Support 1: Meatshield
Support 2: Blood Magic
Support 3: Fortify
Support 4: Minion Life

My 2nd question is: does Watcher's Eye Pride aura mod "chance to deal double damage" apply to minions, if I have pride linked with generosity?
Do any of the Watcher's Eye Pride mods apply to summoner builds?

Thank you very much for your time!
Hi,

is it intented, that ailments from critical strikes inherent only a + 50% damage over time multiplier and not a 50% MORE damage over time?

I always thought crits inherit a MORE damage multiplier for DoTs, but according to PoB and Tooltipp-dps my ignite dps with Elemental Overload is always supiorior to my ignite from crits dps (when EO is unallocated). SO i wondered why and did some testing:

In my case the ignite from crits deals about 22% more damage then from non-crits. Later i realized that this damage boost is approximataly the same a "+ 50% damage over time multiplier" modifier would give me. when i cleared all "damage over time multiplier" modifiers from my build, the ignite from crits dealt as expected 50% more damage.

In my opinion its fair that EO is the overall supirior choice for elemental dot-builds, but its not fair, that dots from crits deals less damage compared to dots + EO, when you start stacking damage over time multipliers.
"
ExiledSarin wrote:
Hello. I've got a few in-depth questions....that might seem silly since I've just started.

Channelling skills. If I understand it correctly, the cast time is actually time between separate instances of the spell that each apply damage and triggers. I've noticed that there are passives with specific modifier for channeling speed, so I assume that they cut down this time. Is it also affected by generic cast speed modifiers?

Little bit about damage modifiers. Do different modifiers stack additively or multiplicatively, e.g. having +100% cold damage, +100% elemental damage and +100% spell damage result in damage of cold spell being boosted to 400% or 800%?

And about travel spells. Lightning Warp, is the delay between cast and teleport fixed at moment of cast, or is it changed in the interval if user moves, like frostblinking in the opposite direction?
Leap Slam, can the flight time itself be modified in any way, and what kind of damage can be avoided while in flight? I noticed I can leap over labyrinth traps, but while I'm not really sure, I think that at least sometimes I was hit by other means while in flight.

AoE of non-circular spells, how exactly is it enhanced by modifiers? Say, Incinerate, will the cone be lengthened while maintaining the same width at terminal point, thus narrowing it over most of its length, lengthened while maintaining angle, or increased angle while maintaining or increasing range?

Channeling speed is affected by generic cast/attacks speed modifiers.

"Increased/Reduced" damage modifiers stack additively. In that case, your cold spell is boosted by 400%. "More/Less" damage modifiers stack multiplicatively.

Lightning Warp delay is fixed at the moment of cast. You can reduce Leap Slam flight time by increasing your global attack speed. You can leap over traps but monsters can still hit you.

When Incinerate's AoE is increased, cone will be lengthened while maintaining the angle. This affects the final shockwave as well.
"
iao wrote:
If you have Inspiration Charges, does the Inspiration Support apply its elemental damage and critical strike chance multipliers to minion skills? The wording makes me unsure. I know minions cannot gain Inspiration Charges, but the wording makes it seem as though the mods scale with player Inspiration Charges regardless of what it supports.

No, they don't apply to minions.
Hi there Exiles,

is there any official list of items? Respectively an official list of Skill Gems. The "official" Wiki on gamepedia gives me two different numbers, so it seems to beout-dated. I oculd not find such List within the copendium post.
Any help appreciated, thank you very much.

Regards, Rej
"
jeerinho wrote:
"
ExiledSarin wrote:

Channeling speed is affected by generic cast/attacks speed modifiers.

"Increased/Reduced" damage modifiers stack additively. In that case, your cold spell is boosted by 400%. "More/Less" damage modifiers stack multiplicatively.

Lightning Warp delay is fixed at the moment of cast. You can reduce Leap Slam flight time by increasing your global attack speed. You can leap over traps but monsters can still hit you.

When Incinerate's AoE is increased, cone will be lengthened while maintaining the angle. This affects the final shockwave as well.

Thank you. Mind a little follow up? The Cast while Channeling support runs its independent timer, or is it based on the recasts of channeling spell? To give an example...if you have lvl20 CwC, it has cooldown 0.35s, and Stormburst without any cast time modifiers, which means recasting in 0.25s intervals. Will the CwC trigger another spell every 0.35s, or will it end triggering every 0.5s as it'll have to wait for next instance after cooldown expires?

Edit: sorry, messed up the skill's CT and name in example.

And another edit with another question: the veiled modifier "Trigger a socketed spell when you use skill", does it have any cooldown, and does it apply only on skills you use yourself, or also triggered ones?
Last edited by ExiledSarin on Oct 19, 2020, 6:59:43 PM
"
ExiledSarin wrote:

Thank you. Mind a little follow up? The Cast while Channeling support runs its independent timer, or is it based on the recasts of channeling spell? To give an example...if you have lvl20 CwC, it has cooldown 0.35s, and Stormburst without any cast time modifiers, which means recasting in 0.25s intervals. Will the CwC trigger another spell every 0.35s, or will it end triggering every 0.5s as it'll have to wait for next instance after cooldown expires?

Edit: sorry, messed up the skill's CT and name in example.

And another edit with another question: the veiled modifier "Trigger a socketed spell when you use skill", does it have any cooldown, and does it apply only on skills you use yourself, or also triggered ones?

Casting Interval: Unlike
Cast On Critical Strike Support
, the listed interval is not a cooldown. Cast while Channelling casts the trigger spell exactly on the listed interval regardless of the cast time of the channeled spell.

"Trigger a socketed spell when you use skill": It will trigger on every skill use, including movement skill, but not other triggered skill. Skills are triggered in order it was socketed. Once triggered, that triggered skill alone is put on 4 sec cooldown. On your next attack or movement for example, it will pick the next skill in order, and then similarly puts that on 4 sec cooldown as well.
Hi,

So, i play a spectre necromancer but i guess this can apply to any other build.

First question:

- Ff i have 2 rings, both with frostbite on hit with 36% increased effect, do those increased effects stack and make it a frostbite with 72% increased effect or am i wasting one ring slot ?

Second question:

- I have animated guardian, if i equip him with gloves that curse with frostbite on hit with 36% increased effect, will it stack with one or two of the rings effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info