Mechanical Questions Thread

General question here. I am playing with Doryani's Prototype armour, which makes enemies in close range to have the same lightning resistance as me.

The new "spires" from the Ultimatum league seem to not be affected by this, but they are affected by Inquisitors ele ignore or getting their resistances modified with "Elemental Equilibrium", is this the intended mechanic?

Same mechanic happens in Abyss fights, the Spire at the end is unaffected by this armours effect.

The whole build is rendered useless by this inconsistency, Abyss content is somewhat secluded and easier to manage, but within the league content is an absolute spam fest of monsters that the entire item's concept which should be built around is non-functional.

Also, stacking any sort of elemental pen/curses is counter-interactive with the armour, so alternatives are a bad approach.
Last edited by Holysparkle on Apr 20, 2021, 11:00:49 AM
How does Dance with Death ("Enemies' Damage with Critical Strikes against you is Lucky") interact with Lori's Lantern ("Damage from Enemies Hitting you is Unlucky while you are on Low Life") assuming the player is on Low Life?
using a triad grip with 4 green sockets for 100% convert to cold, if i gain unholy might, this buff aply before the convertion or in this case the buff is not applicable. Thank you very much in advance
Degen vs. regen vs. Agnostic. If I'm taking constant degen-like RF-but I have life regeneration that covers it, will it trigger Agnostic?
"
ExiledSarin wrote:
Degen vs. regen vs. Agnostic. If I'm taking constant degen-like RF-but I have life regeneration that covers it, will it trigger Agnostic?

If your regen can cover the degen without agnostic to kick in, then agnostic wont kick in.
"
feanor89 wrote:
using a triad grip with 4 green sockets for 100% convert to cold, if i gain unholy might, this buff aply before the convertion or in this case the buff is not applicable. Thank you very much in advance

Before conversion. Unholy Might can work for you, unless it is Avatar of Fire where you cant deal non-fire damage.
"
jeerinho wrote:
"
ExiledSarin wrote:

If your regen can cover the degen without agnostic to kick in, then agnostic wont kick in.

Thank you.

I'm afraid I have a couple more...

Chieftain: how does ignoring fire resist from Ramako behave against enemies with reduced and negative fire resistance? Will it be applied before or after the exposure and Flammability?

And the fire damage leech from Hinekora applies only to hits, not damage from Righteous Fire or Scorching Ray, right? It's not specifically stated.
"
ExiledSarin wrote:

Chieftain: how does ignoring fire resist from Ramako behave against enemies with reduced and negative fire resistance? Will it be applied before or after the exposure and Flammability?

And the fire damage leech from Hinekora applies only to hits, not damage from Righteous Fire or Scorching Ray, right? It's not specifically stated.

The "ignore resist" is a typo by you? AFAIK inquisitor still has that feature but was never on chieftain. Ramako is a penetration-based resistance reduction so it usually only works with hits.

You can't leech from DoT so that one line on Hinekora won't work for RF/SR.
Hello, today i ran about 10 simulacrums and i didnt get a single time any unique armour from bosses, like Assailum, perfidy or beacon of madness, and i wonder is this a bug or intended loot table nerf. thanks for an answer
I'm running a Pillar champion build with cyclone utilizing impale for the added physical damage from master of steel, If i use herald of purity will the hits from the sentinels trigger the impale stacks and drastically reduce my dps? Does this occur with totems too like ancestral protector?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info