Mechanical Questions Thread

Is there still somebody from GGG answering the questions here ? It does not seem that anybody answered for quite a lot of time.
"
eirc wrote:
Hi Mark, hope you get around to answering this:

My understanding up to now has always been that a spell like Ball Lightning is either a crit or not on the moment you cast it. So each ball is either a crit ball or a non crit ball. This does not make sense with effects like Bottled Faith though where you have extra crit chance depending on what the enemies do, since which is the enemy at the time of cast?

This is super important in min maxing many builds since if each zap has a separate chance to be a crit vs each ball having a chance to be a crit makes a huge difference in how important crit chance is to the build.

Short answer: A single projectile may always crit; never crit; or always crit against debuffed enemies and never against non-debuffed.

Long answer:

When you use a skill, it rolls a number that will be used for all its crit checks. Difficulty of these checks may be different for different enemies.

Let's say you have 40% chance to crit against normal enemies, and 60% against debuffed.

One ball lightning rolls 10 at cast time. It will always crit, because 10 < 40 and 10 < 60.
Another one rolls 90. It will never crit because 90 > 40 and 90 > 60.
Another rolls 50. It won't crit against normal enemies, because 50 > 40, but will always crit against debuffed enemies, because 50 < 60.

Of course, if you added more conditional effects, like Assassin's Mark, it would complicate that further.
Last edited by TarrasqueSorcerer on Mar 26, 2021, 6:02:41 AM
Is +30% minion damage bonus from Commander of Darkness (Necro ascendancy) multiplicative or additive? Like if I have +400% minion damage from other sources will my minions do 500 + 30 = 530% or 500 * 1,3 = 650% of their damage?
"
Vulkar_POE wrote:
Is +30% minion damage bonus from Commander of Darkness (Necro ascendancy) multiplicative or additive? Like if I have +400% minion damage from other sources will my minions do 500 + 30 = 530% or 500 * 1,3 = 650% of their damage?

It's 30% increased damage. "Increased" bonuses are additive with other "increased". "More" are multiplicative.
I want to know if Awakened Vicious Projectiles Support works on Phantasmal Summon Skeletons.
I have a question regarding possible synergys with Astral Projecters
"Nova Spells are cast at target location instead of around you"

With the Ring of Blades jewel Ethereal Knives is cast in a nova
Does that mean if i equip Astral Projector i can cast it targeted?
And how is that with projectile skills while Sire of Shards is equipped?
Or does it only work with natively Nova-tagged Skills?
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
Posted by Bex_GGG on Dec 5, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
we know where the priorities are...and we know what you mean by "effects"
"
Feredhel wrote:
I have a question regarding possible synergys with Astral Projecters
"Nova Spells are cast at target location instead of around you"

With the Ring of Blades jewel Ethereal Knives is cast in a nova
Does that mean if i equip Astral Projector i can cast it targeted?
And how is that with projectile skills while Sire of Shards is equipped?
Or does it only work with natively Nova-tagged Skills?

You can't:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687705/page/4#p22591833
Last edited by TarrasqueSorcerer on Apr 2, 2021, 8:27:23 AM
Why selfpoison sextant and mechanic is a thing? Is that really working as intended?
Do Mirages from The Saviour / General's Cry have your movement speed or a specific value of their own?
Last edited by Seikah on Apr 5, 2021, 11:12:39 AM
Who knows
Is Explode chest working with Frost skills? Because Frost skills frozes mobs and destroy corpses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info