Mechanical Questions Thread

"Curse ennemies with vulnerability on hit, with 48% increased effect."
A 48% increase... of what?

Why don't my gloves say what buff they actually grant, rather than going: "the buff is 48% bigger than it normally is, but I won't tell how big it normally is, so you really have 0 information on what this does" ?

Blight Loop
Ergonomic Ring
Damage penetrates some resistance, with 43% increased effect
Nice bonuses, with 178% increased effect
Effect increases are increased by 5%

I would like to know if anyone know the base effect of the alternate ailments inflicted by the new shield experimented bases that has came with Heist.

Cold-Attuned Buckler- Brittle enemies on block (up to 15% flat crit chance)
Heat-Attuned Tower Shield - Scorch enemies on block (up to 30% reduced resistances)
Transfer-Attuned Spirit Shield - Sap enemies on block (up to 20% less damage dealt)

We have the effects, but it's never been stated the base inflict of those like shock and chill (15% and 10% respectively).

Any info on those?
Hi, i would like to know how the spikes from earthshatter works, what is the aoe radius for the spikes? do they scale with aoe?
I am a Gladiator, I have 25000 Armour and an Aegis Aurora equipped with "Replenishes Energy shield by 2% of Armour when you block".
I have 80% Attack Block Chance and 80% Spell Block Chance.

I have 10000 life and 1000 energy shield.

I have 0% Lightning resistance.

There are 50 ball lightning spells on the ground in the same place, and they all deal 800 damage whenever they hit.

I walk into them. Let's say for the sake of simplicity, that they all hit once, then get blocked 4 times, like this:

HIT, block, block, block, block, HIT, block, block, block, block, HIT, block, block, block, block, etc.

All of this happens at the same time (in 1 server tick).

Do I:
A) Take 800 ES damage, then recover 2000(500+500+500+500) ES due to the next 4 blocks, then take another 800 ES damage, then recover another 2000ES and after taking a single tick of all 50 orbs, remain at full ES?

B) Take 800 damage 10 times for a total of 8000 damage and recover 20000 ES (capped at 1000) therefore after taking a single tick of all 50 orbs, remaining at 2000 life and 1000 ES.

C) Take 800 damage 10 times for a total of 8000 damage and recover 20000 ES (capped at 1000) therefore after taking a single tick of all 50 orbs, remaining at 3000 life and 0 ES.

D) none of the above?

Can I have an explanation please? because I almost died while blocking a big number of hits, and the chance of being hit 10x in a row without any blocks at 80% block chance is 1.024e-7, which is practically impossible.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi

I'm Mark_GGG, and I know how PoE works. If you'd also like to, this thread is for you.

I am interested in how eactly Ground slam works,.... My Marauder is atm level 92 and if I use other slams I have a good constant damage. But with Ground Slam it feels like I do 80-90% of the time no damage, which results into 10-20 hits for a blue or rare enemy and once in a while I am able to completely one shot conquerors with 1 hit.

The speccs of my char are:
- Resolute Techniques
- Chieftain
- Using 4 warcries
- 505 pdps two handed karui axe with 1.21 attacks per second and a "Gain 27% of phys as extra fire mod"
- Nghamahu's Flame, Advance
- cover's enemies in ash

Even if I wait for all exerted attacks to be on full power with the chieftain's ability's it feels completely random to be able deal damage or not.

Here is my pastebin, so you can check out my character in detail.

https://pastebin.com/LaeBcryf

Thank you very much and stay safe
"
Mewfour wrote:

Can I have an explanation please? because I almost died while blocking a big number of hits, and the chance of being hit 10x in a row without any blocks at 80% block chance is 1.024e-7, which is practically impossible.

Excuse my rude question, but may I ask i f you are stun immune?
"
requin3d wrote:

Why don't my gloves say what buff they actually grant, rather than going: "the buff is 48% bigger than it normally is, but I won't tell how big it normally is, so you really have 0 information on what this does" ?

Blight Loop
Ergonomic Ring

A map can have mods like "Players are cursed with elemental weakness, with 60% increased Effect".

SO I tested it on my character and I loose 32% resistances, which would result into a level 13 elemental weakness gem, but since it's boosted for 60% we need to get a level which would be with 60% at 32% and that would be level 1 elemental weakness. So I would say the elemental weakness on your gloves is also level 1 as all other curses now, which have the same wording.

1% chance to create an additional Blade per 1% quality
Would this alt quality gem for blade vortex be a 20% per cast? or a 20% chance for each time a blade is created? I plan on using unleash so there would be 4 casts. The difference between a 20% chance for 1 extra blade or 4 20% chances is pretty huge in whether or not the quality affects it. I would think it does, because the quality doesn't say chance to create an additional blade when casted, just chance to create an additional blade.
"
requin3d wrote:

Blight Loop
Ergonomic Ring

Pretty sure all curse effects were normalized to level 1 curses with increased curse effect to boost it up to previous ish levels. This is pretty much a wash for most builds, but if you had significant curse effect in your build this essentially weakens it, as the curse effect is applied to a lower base level.
Increased damage taken to enemies!

After researching, it seems that no one is able to answer this so far.

My question is: Purifying flame with the lab enchant:
Consecrated Ground from purifying flame applies 9% increased damage taken to enemies

Does this effect stack with the bottled faith one for a total of 19% increased damage taken?

Or does the highest one win, or a random one, or what?

(There is also an alternative gem effect: Consecrated Ground from purifying flame applies 5% increased damage taken to enemies) Does this stack (too?)?

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info